Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted

I'm looking forward to the tedious, light rain producing, warm front to pass through tomorrow (I think mid afternoon where I live) and then another bout of sitting outside in evenings, relaxing, hot weather for a couple of days and then the slightly cooler, but more usable weather at the weekend! Posted Image

It really is a mixed bag for the next few days

Posted

I haven't been referred to as TR for a while - very formal I must say Posted Image  There you go, there is some banter for youPosted Image 

My apologies Tamara. I will always refer to you by name in future, and of course link it to weather Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I think some peeps need to chill out a bit,or ill round you up and stick you on the naughty step

Hope its not too hot sat afternoon-evening as im renewing my wedding vows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

anyone got a number for a good curry house in Staines? Posted Image ...

thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative, it's what we're here for and it's certainly food for thought (talking about food again!...lol)

ok, here's the plan....plume thurs/fri.....bbq with decent food and beer friday evening.......big storms friday night......blimey, all we'll need is snow on sunday and it'll be a 'Murr-fect' weekend! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I'm sorry, Syed, I hold you 100% responsible. But... (to Alexa) I warned you, I warned you severely about this. You have not come to the table today, I still don't understand what you did. He [syed]should be going with you also... You're a very, very bad manager. You didn't manage this thing properly. You're a lightweight. You're fired! (brief pause) I'm really angry with this situation. Clear off!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_(UK)

EDIT....I'm sorry, -----, I hold you 100% responsible. But... (-----) I warned you, I warned you severely about this. You have not come to the table today, I still don't understand what you did. He [----]should be going with you also... You're a very, very bad ---. You didn't [post IN] this thing properly. You're a lightweight. You're fired! (brief pause) I'm really angry with this situation. Clear off!

-

See the link for more quotes!!

OK back on topic..Posted Image 

Posted

It's still unpleasantly humid here. Here's hoping that Thursday does produce some 'sferics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Some sunset pics I took earlier this evening somewhere inland near London..

Straight from the low reso mobile no enhance, not really needed they are colorful enough don't you think? (:

post-11361-0-90884300-1375228798_thumb.jpost-11361-0-10377000-1375228800_thumb.jpost-11361-0-48360600-1375228802_thumb.jpost-11361-0-18031400-1375228811_thumb.j

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

wish it did, might get decent snow and thunderstorms (well, got my quota yesterday of storms to last me a year!)......just for clarity though, the hosting team host all the regionals, not just the one's they live in....there's no escape!....lol

I've messaged the site team to get a bit more clarity on posting in the regionals and judging by the concensus in this thread, you'd all prefer it as a sort of 'weather and regional general lifestyle' thread?......that's cool, as long as the site team are happy with that......something that can be encouraged in all the regional threads if that's the case........Off the record, I'm often lurking in here and enjoy all the wacky posts about life, the universe and where to find the best curry!....I was simply acting in what I considered my role, which is simply to help host the discussion and steer it where necessary, but the masses have spoken! :good:

It really couldn't be clearer - as it says on the forum page:

We have a whole forum called The Lounge for non-weather related chat :)

http://forum.netweather.tv/forum/17-the-lounge/

Confussed of Dartford here, i don't know if its me, but there seem to be mixed messages are being displayed here, which moderator are we meant to be obeying? If I am correct, there two totally different opposing opinions being stated, and i think for the good of the forum then clarification is urgently required. I agree with Chris's comment below and I am very uncertain if I should continue to post here, hence my request for clarification. Edited by Charltonkerry

Agree with that. Couldn't understand that intervention, or what warranted it.

I'm looking forward to the tedious, light rain producing, warm front to pass through tomorrow (I think mid afternoon where I live) and then another bout of sitting outside in evenings, relaxing, hot weather for a couple of days and then the slightly cooler, but more usable weather at the weekend! Posted Image

Morning all, a cloudy start to the day here with a temperature of 16.8c and no doubt the rain is on the way.

It's a shame that what I have always found to be a very good and polite and friendly thread that for some reason interventions was felt last nice and I am still don't understand why. If you go to the lounge or the model thread and chat room you are in a national area where the regional banter doesn't happen. I must admit that i am a little worried to continue to post on here.

PS CK I totally agree with your comments

Edited by chris mantle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cloudy here and humid, temp of 17C and light winds. Hoping for some brightness later.....and some brightness on here! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For the record. No moderator is to be feared. Hell, some of you have even met this scary one. Posted Image

All moderators are allowed to step in and moderate, i.e. attempt some control, albeit this is sometimes futile in spells of boring weather. Posted Image However, for me, I wouldn't be here or in any of the netweather forums, bar the specifically non-weather related threads if I were not looking for some kind of weather related matter. Furthermore, we all have a passion for it, so it can't remain boring forever. Posted Image

The rules are that we should at least be able to enjoy each other's company and talk weather, more than 50% of the time. Posted Image

Speaking of which, the radar currently indicates the bulk of the rain is way North of this region with this neck of the woods seeing only a little bit of boring patchy rain.Posted Image

One day of inferno like heat coming tomorrow, a briefly drier start to Friday morning, there after a wetter weekend but still only sunshine and showers. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Gottolovethisweather, thanks for the qualification as I requested, as I am not knowledgable enough to make a sensible contribution to this forum, I will revert to my old status of just adding a few weather observations as and when appropriate.

Have a nice day

Regards

Kerry

Posted

For what it's worth, the team are here to help to keep the forums running smoothly for the benefit of the members using them, so (bearing in mind it's never possible to please everyone) if the majority are enjoying the regional threads as they have been running so far - ie more weathery stuff when there's lots of weather happening, then less weathery stuff and more banter when the weather is quieter then as a team we ought to (and will) take that on board and go with the flow. 

I hope that clarifies things a bit - yes it's a weather forum but it's also a community so the flow of these sorts of threads will vary from day to day, and from region to region (some of them have very little banter for instance) and that's fine all the time we keep a weathery vein running through it and the majority are happy that the format is working for them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Gottolovethisweather, thanks for the qualification as I requested, as I am not knowledgable enough to make a sensible contribution to this forum, I will revert to my old status of just adding a few weather observations as and when appropriate.

Have a nice day

Regards

Kerry

If your old status involved at least some occasional weather related input (just like my own Posted Image ) then carry on as you were. As Paul states, that applies to all of us, mods included, there is no heirachy. Knowledge is not the issue here, as we all still learning, even the pros. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

For what it's worth, the team are here to help to keep the forums running smoothly for the benefit of the members using them, so (bearing in mind it's never possible to please everyone) if the majority are enjoying the regional threads as they have been running so far - ie more weathery stuff when there's lots of weather happening, then less weathery stuff and more banter when the weather is quieter then as a team we ought to (and will) take that on board and go with the flow. 

I hope that clarifies things a bit - yes it's a weather forum but it's also a community so the flow of these sorts of threads will vary from day to day, and from region to region (some of them have very little banter for instance) and that's fine all the time we keep a weathery vein running through it and the majority are happy that the format is working for them.

Hence my crude interpretation of more than 50% on-topic discussion. Thank you Paul for making your intentions clear too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all......... stand by your beds (only joking Posted Image )

Can we get back to normal in here now then ....whatever normal is Posted Image

Patchy light rain in MK this morning which hopefully will clear later.

Have a nice day folks  - as you were please Posted Image

Posted

Quote: "Yesterday we spent the day at Dover Castle. To anyone that hasn't been before, I would recommend it as a lovely day out - not only is there the castle to explore, but you can also visit the underground hospital and secret war tunnels too."Hi Leeanne,Really like the area too. Have had a great couple of snow-chases out to Dover/Folkestone, when a NNE or E.Kent streamer has deposited plenty of the white stuff. Great to see waves lapping onto the snows edge, right down on the beach. Not to mention Capel-le-Ferne, up on the Downs, between Dover/Folkestone. I'll have to download some of the photos I took with my son and daughter, back in the '90s.Sun and cloud in equal measure here in Croydon and starting to feel a wee bit humid again.Tom.

Hi Tom,

I meant to reply yesterday to his - would love to see your pics of Dover & Folkstone in the snow - there was a post card of Dover Castle in winter that I very nearly bought in the shop there.

Back to work today - came back to drizzle, but at least it's not humid... yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Just caught up...I can understand a little bit of a sour taste from the words said last night, but lets drop it and move on. I love the banter in here and I really dont want it to change so as MK says. As you were and remember what the Monty Python boys say......

No one expects the Spanish inquisition....

Anyway on a more weather related note, How is the weekend shaping up? Are we going to be electrified or are we going to be missing out again?

Have a good day Y'all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

I must admit the "It really couldn't be clearer" comment has knocked me a little too. Yes, I'm just the new boy, so maybe it's not my place to voice my opinion. But I've really enjoyed reading - and contributing to - this thread since I joined last Tuesday. And I haven't seen one unfriendly or provocative comment. (Unlike in the model thread!) That "do what it says on the tin, and nothing else" remark has slapped me in the face, that's for sure.

Anyway....the cloud which was thin enough to allow some watery sunshine through earlier has now thickened enough to allow a little very, very fine drizzle to manifest itself. 19.2° at the moment, and just one step outside is enough for anyone acknowledge the humidity is back on the rise again. Feeling very negative about - amongst other things - our chances for a storm later in the week. Posted Image 

Lee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

Very isolated patches of blue sky here, but mostly cloudy. It looks like minimal rainfall here, looking at the radar and maybe there's time for a lot of us to have a decent afternoon, with sunshine?

post-11059-0-70874000-1375259826_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Someone here is no longer a teenager, as of today.

Happy birthday Paul (Perfect Storm) Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Thank you everyone! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Happy Birthday Paul - From someone who is still a teenager (at heart anyway)

Have a good day fella