Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Great pics cloudsabove, I missed out on a spectacular pic this morning in Brentwood, a huge CG blasted out of the clouds and hit a Ryanair 737 and continued on to the ground, it always happens when you don't have your camera with you! The plane appeared to be ok.

Thanks! Storm was good behind this cloudscape, some nice CG strikes. Glad the plane was OK too but not surprised it should happen to a Ryanair... another 'bonus' cooked up by Michael O'Leary no doubt ;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Good evening one and all, and a very pleasant one it is too with blue skies and a light breeze here, it reached 26c earlier. I was quite suprised to read all the thunderstorm reports ( zilch here ) but congratulations to all those who enjoy them and got them. Posted Image to Tom who we know doesn't like them but bravely reported anyway, fair play mate. There were also some very unusual cloud structures about today, and thanks to everyone who posted the excellent photo's.

Welcome back as well to K in East Anglia, hope all is well with you now, I curse that BD.

Have a great weekend folks.

Thank you for your kind words BB,

Fortunately thanks to radar and SE members frequently updated obs, was able to swiftly implement COBRA contingency plans and retreat to my bunker, therefore keeping any Brontophobic trauma, to a minimum.

At work but keeping my eye on that "stuff" leaving Cherbourg (beginning to hate that place) but hopefully (from my pov)moving a little more from the SW, than this mornings SSW direction and perhaps main bulk missing me here in Croydon, to the east.

Regards,

Tom.  

Edited by TomBR7
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

All gone!

Still we got something, a thunderstorm and still very warm. I'd take that given the forecast was rather poor on both fronts today Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Missed out this morning, fire all you have at my France! im ready!Nice little jaunt up to Ely earlier, London Midland was spot on but First Capital Connect were rubbish no air conditioning and a women decided to have a full on three course meal infront of me and stunk out the whole train lolIm starting to think I am a little storm cursed.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Exactly the same Altocumulus as yesterday but more of it!! It's also still VERY humid!

Chance perhaps?

- This morning was interesting, booming away at 9am in the morning :D

Posted

Thank you for your kind words BB,Fortunately thanks to radar and SE members frequently updated obs, was able to swiftly implement COBRA contingency plans and retreat to my bunker, therefore keeping any Brontophobic trauma, to a minimum.At work but keeping my eye on that "stuff" leaving Cherbourg (beginning to hate that place) but hopefully (from my pov)moving a little more from the SW, than this mornings SSW direction and perhaps main bulk missing me here in Croydon, to the east.Regards,Tom.

Send it my way Tom, I'm fed and watered and waiting for the Channel to fire me up a storm ;)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

A glorious afternoon and evening here, after all the excitement of this morning 😊. Got a temp of 22c and partly cloudy skies now. But the best part of the day today, was seeing my little boys and wife after their 5 day trip to Great Yarmouth 😊 You don't know what you've got until its gone sometimes. But I've mine back now and I'm a very happy LeighD. Good evening all.... Must stop posting now or Mrs LeighD will get the hump...and I don't wont that tonight ðŸ˜

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Sky has gone dark and it's started raining here in Peacehaven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

What was causing those stunning skies this morning...anyone know? I've never seen anything like it before.

@Bluebreezer. Thank you hun. Its good to be back on the best forum EVER!!!!! Posted Image Ive missed being here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What was causing those stunning skies this morning...anyone know? I've never seen anything like it before.

@Bluebreezer. Thank you hun. Its good to be back on the best forum EVER!!!!! Posted Image Ive missed being here.

Fantastic this morning wasn't it, K? I'm sure there's a proper name for it, but I just call it 'altocumulus'...

• Like 1

Posted

It's doing it's best  to rain and deliver a storm here, and failing miserably on both counts. Two minutes of sporadic rainfall does not count as a weather event in my book.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

23C and still feeling humid, some AC fields still aorund earlier. 

What with the wasp sting, a Jacob ewe using my back as some sort of trampoline and today's weather I need a lie down Posted Image

Edited by Norfolk Sheep
  • Like 2

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Looks ok for the weekend and not hot as before

Maybe the odd shower about saturday mainly north of the river

Watch monday as there could be flooding issues arising

Keep watching the satellite for tonight

http://www.sat24.com/?ir=true&ra=true&li=false

Still chances there

• Like 5

Posted

Cor blimey luv a duck John Posted Image

Such commoners. Posted Image

I think it all looks rather spiffing. Mind I must let Spotty and Ginger know. They were planning Pimms and sarnies (crusts off) on the lawn.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Watching the radar!!

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Funny day

The trough came through to early

And the cold front is coming through (well trying to )

Very late against last nights fax chart

Good job we got thunder early as i over slept and the thunder woke me up instead

Thunder is much better than an alarm clock for a weather enthusiast :-)

Edited by john pike
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Dry as a bone here today, which made for better conditions to put an old sofa out the front of the house without it getting soggy before being collected and taken away! Storms this morning went either side of here and its been sun all the way since. Well, at least till sundown!Posted Image

Edited by Tamara Road
  • Like 1