Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in this region....

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77466-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-2nd-august-2013/page-38

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Very nippy on my walk to work this morning from Waterloo East Stn - so much so that I am going to pop out shopping tonight to get myself a cardie to wear in the mornings.

This of course guarentees a late summer heat wave for the rest of August Posted Image

Lovely reading the reports last night - I must confess I forgot all about the meteor display and was sound asleep by 11pm!

Have a lovely day everyone Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hmm - I rather hijacked the interesting meteor discussion with my electric aquatic exploitsPosted Image Posted Image By the time I was reading about it it was too late to look anywayPosted Image I'm sure that some years back we had a solar eclipse (or something similar?) almost exactly this time in August during the day? I seem to remember people at work stopping what they were doing to pay attention to it.

Coincidence I guess rather than any astronomical/solar festival ritual...Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

responding to coast's post in the previous thread. I was only joking. I would have done some star watching last night, but after  9 hour round trip to Didcot for a job interview and getting back at half 10, all I wanted to do was sleep.

Doing it all again on Thursday. 

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

responding to coast's post in the previous thread. I was only joking. I would have done some star watching last night, but after  9 hour round trip to Didcot for a job interview and getting back at half 10, all I wanted to do was sleep.. 

This is what you missed:

http://youtu.be/7n4UOhyuta4

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Just been finishing off the franken-puter, it is made up of various bits I had stored in boxes, actual test comes late once I have sorted the power connection (never realised till today there is no power socket near it).

Been a cooler and fresher day here, was cool last night when I was out firework spotting too, only just reached 19.2oC in the shed, must be the coolest for the time of day I have seen it in a few weeks.  Still it remains dry thus far but quite cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Well, Ippy must have a meteor shield because I didn't see a single one last night. Never mind.....I'll wait for the Ison appearance later this year.

But we did have some lovely, stormy brooding dark skies at sun set;

Hope you're all having a good day.

post-17085-0-27612500-1376392150_thumb.j

post-17085-0-88551400-1376392199_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all,

From a rather cloudy Croydon, with a few sunny spells at times.

Moving on to tonight and any prolonged clear spells will likely result in the formation of patches of Patrick Moores', which could thicken and become very excited, if clear spells persist. Areas most prone seem to be parts of E.Anglia, Bromley, W.London and parts of Sussex but any cloud formation will quickly disperse said patches of P.Ms and send them sulking off to bed, disappointed.

Me, I'm off to Greenwich Observatory! Posted Image

Happy meteor shower hunting. 

Tom.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Well its so quiet in here, that I've come to the conclusion that you're all suffering from comet blindness and have issued a severe warning for dangerous man-eating plants, in our region.

Stay safe,

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Man, sure as hell look like some crazed red-neck hillbilly done gone and shot that darned unicyclist. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

The rain has missed me to the south by like a mile or two. Overall though this summer has been pleasantly surprising! Except that the storms seem to allude this area.

Posted

post-10773-0-92860000-1376413555_thumb.j

Catch you guys soon.... I will have very erratic internet connection where I'm going but if I get chance to let everyone know how quickly my ice cream is melting in the heat I will do Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The meteor shower last night was mostly boring. Around 11pm we saw a bright orange shooting star with the ISS moving past but after that, it was completely boring. Me and my dad sat outside for about half an hour, we counted about 5. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Evening all. :)

Can't easily post myself at the moment either, although I guess if the weather became more interesting, I might find a way...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Thanks Martin, I certainly will Posted Image

Take me with you !! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Take me with you !! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I can see!Posted Image

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted

Posted Image600179_10201211855518776_1755324670_n.jpg

Catch you guys soon.... I will have very erratic internet connection where I'm going but if I get chance to let everyone know how quickly my ice cream is melting in the heat I will do Posted Image

South beach at Skegness looking quite tidy there Ali, enjoy your week of cockles!

AS

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening guys & girls. Quite a chilly evening here, but clearing skies now, which bodes well for meteor watching later.... Was meant to go out last night, but fell asleep on the sofa😧. Have a great holiday MK.... Only 5 more sleep to mine yippppeeee.

• Like 3

Posted

The horrible conditions I reported earlier only lasted an hour or so then gave way to clearing skies and a sunny end to the evening.

There's still a fair bit of cloud around though so I doubt I will bother with another Persied watch tonight. Did anyone manage to see anything on the Slooh.com live link from the Canary Isles last night ? I checked it a few times and didn't see a thing.

Posted

South beach at Skegness looking quite tidy there Ali, enjoy your week of cockles!

AS

I'm going a wee bit further south than that AS...more like a week of cocktails Posted Image

Evening guys & girls. Quite a chilly evening here, but clearing skies now, which bodes well for meteor watching later.... Was meant to go out last night, but fell asleep on the sofa. Have a great holiday MK.... Only 5 more sleep to mine yippppeeee.

Thanks Leigh, you enjoy yours to....you will be gone before I'm back Posted Image

Had some heavy showers here earlier but it seems to have cleared a bit now....early night for me and off to the airport in the morning Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Evening folks.

Been a fairly nondescript type day here (weatherwise) too. So nowt to report on that score really!

Nice clearance in the north and north-west sky at the moment. Hope it moves in and stays this evening, as we have two more ISS passes tonight, and another display of the Perseids. Not sure my still sore neck will allow me to look up for almost an hour again tonight though!

I'm sure that some years back we had a solar eclipse (or something similar?) almost exactly this time in August during the day? I seem to remember people at work stopping what they were doing to pay attention to it.

Yep, I remember it well. It was at 11am on 11th August 1999. I was working in the Docklands at the time, and it had been cloudy all morning. Then, just before 11, a break in the clouds moved in.....as we were heading outside. And the clearance stayed for the duration of the eclipse. Amazingly!

• Like 2