Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Wow, very heavy rain here - feel sorry for those at the Reading festival, though it currently looks less wet there than here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just gentle rain here and very muggy. Not my favourite Saturday weather by a long shot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all,

Feeling a little underwhelmed to be honest. Nothing but light rain here - as has been the case since it started in the early hours. (Of course, the second I type that, it starts to pick up in intensity! Just a little though. Yet, oddly, the grey of the sky starts to lighten in colour at the same time.) Therefore rain so far, I have to say, of 'nuisance' rather than 'useful' value.

On the positive side.......

it's Saturday....and it's a long weekend. And tomorrow and Monday are looking better I gather?

Have a great BH weekend, chaps and chapesses, whatever you're up to.

Lee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Doesn't that stand for in the middle (or something like that) in Italian?

Very humid this evening despite the cloud and lack of sun this afternoon... could this be the calm before the storm?!

Literally translated it means "lets cross over"Posted Image  Its a phrase I tend to use when with friends quite a lot and they often look at me as if I am a bit of of a barnpot..Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Light rain here in brentford, and its misty and murky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Muggy misty and light rain, East of us on radar it looks like it's hammering down tat the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Grey and spectacularly grotty with occasional rain...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

looking rather unspectacular on the radar at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nothing remotely promising is how I'd describe it, CS. Good chance we'll see some torrential drizzle, though.

Posted

I will need to go out and pick up some booze from the supermarket later, I'm sure I will be attacked by a wild thunderstorm when I go out Posted Image

One of the very few advantages of being incapacitated. My local convenience store now deliver to my doorstep, all I have to do is phone them my order and it's here within half an hour. Not just booze I hasten to add, I occasionally eat as well.

It really is a glum old day here, 18c, overcast and misty and the type of rain which is just a notch or two up from drizzle. I really do feel for anyone who has anything planned outdoors today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

The murky low rubbish cleared just enough a minute ago for me to spot a really impressive convective cumulus tower going up to my south. (The crud had covered it again by the time I grabbed my camera though.) Great to get a glimpse of some decent stuff going on higher in the atmosphere - in an area the lower clouds are ensuring is pretty much out of "eye-shot" at the moment.

Sorry, can't think of a visual equivalent of "earshot" at the moment. Brain refusing to move beyond first gear this morning. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

time for a new thread me thinks....so please finish off any posts......link to follow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

On the basis of the very unpalatable expectations of today, I'm much in the minority of very readily living quite happily with it simply staying overcast with some rain in the air but not much else going on. However, whether it stays that way though is another matterPosted Image ... until the quieter and better weather starts to arrive from tomorrow.

Monday looks a beautiful day to enjoy - one to look forward toPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

new thread here folks ----------------------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77674-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-24813/

locking this one shortly

• Like 1