Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Mmmm, jammy 

Will most likely get my mother to cook them up, batch them and freeze them as the apples etc are still a few weeks off being ripe yet, the greengauges are still very hard too.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Ok, who stole my blue skies?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Ok, who stole my blue skies?

Not me guvnor... Mine has gone as well ;-)

Posted

Afternoon all

back from town, and it has clouded over here now too, feeling rather humid though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think Yamouth has it all. Clear blue skies here and a gentle SE wind. Lovely afternoon here. No sign of this low level cloud, just some patchy fair weather stuff in land.

• Like 2

Posted

Good afternoon,

Broken low level grey cloud and feeling warm and humid. Just popping out to harvest some vegetables Posted Image

I may be off soon to harvest blackberries (not the phone type)

I think Yamouth has it all. Clear blue skies here and a gentle SE wind. Lovely afternoon here. No sign of this low level cloud, just some patchy fair weather stuff in land.

You have weather you like in the triangle of doom?

• Like 2

Posted

Well I am off to start my harvest, see you all later.

Posted

Definitely a warmer and muggier feel this afternoon compared to the last few days, despite the limited sunny spells. Forecast is for temps to get no lower than 17-18C in our towns and cities tonight, so a lot warmer than the chilly nights of recent.

Went to the lake at Virginia Water this afternoon to have a picnic and wasps are now becoming a real menace! Soon as I got the food out, we were inundated by loads of the blighters, how we didn't get stung is a miracle, though I tried to resist throwing my arms at them which tends to get them angry.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Definitely a warmer and muggier feel this afternoon compared to the last few days, despite the limited sunny spells. Forecast is for temps to get no lower than 17-18C in our towns and cities tonight, so a lot warmer than the chilly nights of recent.

Went to the lake at Virginia Water this afternoon to have a picnic and wasps are now becoming a real menace! Soon as I got the food out, we were inundated by loads of the blighters, how we didn't get stung is a miracle, though I tried to resist throwing my arms at them which tends to get them angry.

Sounds similar to that Monty Python Salad Days sketch...Posted Image 

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all. I bet there a few folk over on the ' Nights closing in' thread who are loving this. Its a very gloomy evening here and matches my mood perfectly. Posted Image

Hope everyone else is well though.

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all. I bet there a few folk over on the ' Nights closing in' thread who are loving this. Its a very gloomy evening here and matches my mood perfectly. Posted Image

Good thanks BB, but very gloomy outside. Chin up fella, hope all is well very soon ðŸ‘
  • Like 2

Posted

Evening all

Back from my stroll to the next village, got 2 ltrs of blackberries, which I had to tussle with the horses for, seems they like them too, they are now cooked, bagged and in the freezer, the blackberries not the horses.

Had a few light showers here, nothing to worry about yet, it is a tad overcast and dull, but still rather mild.

• Like 5

Posted

Evening allBack from my stroll to the next village, got 2 ltrs of blackberries, which I had to tussle with the horses for, seems they like them too, they are now cooked, bagged and in the freezer, the blackberries not the horses.Had a few light showers here, nothing to worry about yet, it is a tad overcast and dull, but still rather mild.

Your brave Jax. I think I would leave them for the horses. Enjoy mate. We actually went out 2 weeks ago, and managed to fill the equivent of a big shopping bag with cherries. We've had a few nice cherry pies for desert since. 😊

Posted

Your brave Jax. I think I would leave them for the horses. Enjoy mate. We actually went out 2 weeks ago, and managed to fill the equivent of a big shopping bag with cherries. We've had a few nice cherry pies for desert since.

What, never we give them enough already, nothing brave in there, I just put them in the next turn out whilst I picked the berries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Don't worry summer will return

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next week Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next week Posted Image

looking good Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next week Posted Image

That's just what I came in here to find out. Thank you. Posted Image

Sitting here with my primark fleecy bed socks on as my feet were cold, cardi has been replaced with a fleecy top, and the light went on in my living room at 7.40 as I couldn't see the keyboard it was so dark :o( I'll practice hibernation till it warms up again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm a summer person.

If I had the weather my way we'd have one month of proper cold Christmassy weather with a shedload of snow, either side of that we'd have the cooler months that are a relief after a long hot summer, but there's enough warmth in the air to be comfortable, then either side of that we'd have a month of that Autumn weather we used to have where we'd get warm days interspersed with much needed heavy showers and storms. The remaining 7 months would be lovely and warm with a couple of months being hot and of course several good storms thrown in to give us some rain and keep the stormlovers happy.

I hate it when the evenings start to close in, my mood always dips and I know it's going to be a long time until I can get excited for BBQ season again.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Good afternoon,

Broken low level grey cloud and feeling warm and humid. Just popping out to harvest some vegetables Posted Image

Evening all,

Well seems quite a few of you have been harvesting out and about today, me too........litter from an inconsiderate neighbours' bin bag, that a fox had ripped open and spread all over our garden and which our neighbour had left there, for a couple of days. Cleared it up myself in the end, cant understand people moving into a new property and not keeping it tidy, worse still, letting their refuse spill out onto neighbouring gardens, its not the first time either. Posted Image

Rant over! 

Breezy and muggy when I left Croydon, especially sticky on the tram, with rain starting as I arrived home in Chislehurst, out here in the sticks. Cgh, cgh.

Felt much cooler at home and hope that temperature differential is much in evidence in the Winter months, when I'd like to think that this rural setting Posted Image , allied to our height of 90 mts, yes Jan, 90 mts, will maintain ppn as snow, rather than sleet, should wintry weather make an appearance. Right thats jinxed our snow chances.

To further jinx our snow chances I'd like start to thinking about a format for some sort of Snow Depth competition soon, if members are interested.

Thought a league format initially, then perhaps winners from say 4 regional leagues, moving through into Semi-Finals, then a Final, to decide the winner.

I know it seems very early to start talking about Winter but its only a couple of weeks until official Autumn and I'd like to have everything in place as we move into late October/November. Would love to hear some members ideas, if you have any.

I thought we could have 4 regional leagues split N, S, E and W, depending on your location or dividing the region into 4 leagues, alphabetically re. your location.

Chris Mantle has already kindly offered help in designing a spreadsheet, for a Snow Depth competition, although if he's got any sense, he will deny all knowledge of that! Posted Image

Its something to think about anyway. I had a really good response last Winter but would need to run it in a much more organised way this time around, it became a bit chaotic at times, I must admit.

Regards,

Tom. 

Edited by TomBR7
  • Like 3