Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

47.5°C in Nea Filadelfeia,Athens (June 2007)

Hello everyone!

This our first post in the board!We are a small group of meteo-enthusiasts based  both in Greece and the UK .The last couple of years we are collecting any media references,articles,internet refs etc (in Greece and Internationally) pertaining the heat experienced in the traditionally scorching suburb of Athens called Nea Filadelfeia  located at the very centre of the Athens Basin (for those of you following sports Nea Filadelfeia is the base of AEK AFC Posted Image  )

Please find below a rare video with the Head of the Hellenic National Meteorological Service confirming that on the 26th of June 2007 the AWS of Nea Filadelfeia recorded a scorching 47.5°C which to date is the official temperature record for June in Europe.Mind you that the official all time high temperature record in Europe goes again to Athens according to the W.M.O with 48.0°C on the 10th of July 1977 in 2 Athenian suburbs (Elefsina/Tatoi)

http://wmo.asu.edu/europe-highest-temperature

The video comes with English subs,a short English description and the full English transcript in the description box.

Should you have any information regarding instances of heat in Nea Filadelfeia from the international press please contact us via pm here or through our email address at : NeaFiladelfeiaHeat@yahoo.com. Please do watch our other videos here https://www.youtube.com/user/Filadelfia485/videos

Nea Filadelfeia Heat Team.

Edited by Nea Filadelfeia Heat

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m

Summer 2007 in Greece. I still remember it. This summer I understood the difference of feeling hot, hot waves ... and ... fire. I remember a fire night without sun, but with 40 -42 degrees.Don't think that we felt hot. You did not have time. All day you were surprised about the fire around you.Now, for me, the 40 - 42 degrees is cold.