Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 23rd August onwards 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

No thunder or lightening here but absolutely hammering it down at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whilst I still dont think much will happen, esp for the South, the NMM suggests the West Midlands region will have some of the greatest instability in the southern portion of the UK.

Posted

I think tonight will mainly be a Linconshire/yorkshire/north east england and eastern scotland event. Whilst tommorow is mainly Kent/south east england and the east midlands (with something a little less potent in the areas I first mentioned.)

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

As I thought the area near manchester is developing nicely, areas around leeds should be in for some fun and games in the next few hours :D

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Moderate rain at Newton Poppleford Weather on and off for the past 80 minutes. Newton Poppleford Weather has recorded 2.0 mm of rainfall so far, today. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

As I thought the area near manchester is developing nicely, areas around leeds should be in for some fun and games in the next few hours Posted Image

If it electrifies, that is. Here's hoping. Great storm approaching the Boro', however. Looks immense!

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Just had the first near-overhead thunderstorm of the summer in Sandhutton (there have been thunderstorms nearby on several other occasions, but nothing more than distant lightning and muffled thunder).  A convective cell sprouted up to the south and while it wasn't electrified as it passed overhead, it produced frequent thunder and lightning (including several displays of fork lightning) as it slowly retreated to the E and NE.

• Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

Skies looking very threatining now, wouldn't be suprised to see a flash soon.

It looks like you've got a good chance of seeing some thunderstorms later this evening. Everything around your area seems to be rising quickly! :D

• Like 2

Posted

It looks like you've got a good chance of seeing some thunderstorms later this evening. Everything around your area seems to be rising quickly! Posted Image

Heavyish shower here at the moment, clouds building all the while.

Posted

Moderate rain for a time here as the skies glowed an eerily orange hue indicating there's a back-edge to this front somewhere out West across the Irish Sea. No thunder as of yet but with the risk increasing as the night goes on up to 2am at least the chances look good East of the Pennines, one of those nights where watching the R+L festival on the box seems a good alternative instead of the boozer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Any noticed that cell over france has become electrified? Hope the channel doesn't kill it off... Probably wishful thinking though

Guest William Grimsley

Any noticed that cell over france has become electrified? Hope the channel doesn't kill it off... Probably wishful thinking though

Yes I have I wish it would come towards SW England, though. Nothing really for SW England, now. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yes I have I wish it would come towards SW England, though. Nothing really for SW England, now. Posted Image

I'd prefer it if it came over East Anglia, WG...Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Yes I have I wish it would come towards SW England, though. Nothing really for SW England, now. Posted Image

Does certainly look over for the SW, Might get a chance to see some lightning in the channel if you head to the coast in a couple of hours though, Maybe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Quick developments to my south just north of Coventry. 

Light rain falling here currently on what is a very humid feeling evening. It does have a thundery feel out there now. If anything does happen I won't be chasing tonight as I have my kids here. So, short of waking them up to take a midnight drive I would need storms to come overhead or nearby to see them.

Tomorrow a different matter though. "We're going to find somewhere nice for a picnic kids... get your wellies and coats on. I will go fetch the boat!" Posted Image

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Absolutely bucketing down here now roads are becoming mini rivers - no thunder yet though.

Edit:  I am sure I can hear distant thunder....

Edited by P-M

Posted

You really notice the skies going dark at 8.30pm now eh, much better chances for watching lightning in its raw form although I have a feeling for us in the NW we're now just too far west under the cooler air to see anything significant for tonight, tomorrow is a different story however especially with a LLC setup.

Guest William Grimsley

At Newton Poppleford Weather, moderate rain has been falling on and off for the past 90 minutes. Newton Poppleford Weather, has recorded 3.8 mm of rainfall so far today and the highest rainfall rate recorded so far today is 4.8 mm/hr 18:41. Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

dont seem to be much out there coming my way for my corner of london.. maybe il get some sleep tonight unless it developes over me or something??

Guest William Grimsley

dont seem to be much out there coming my way for my corner of london.. maybe il get some sleep tonight unless it developes over me or something??

I think you could see something more towards midnight.