Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 23rd August onwards 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

The only flashes here will probably be a speedo or bikini malfunction on the beach tomorrow Posted Image

Only if they're completely bonkers. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

wonder whether those lines of potent rain in France will make inroads soon to kick things off later tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

wonder whether those lines of potent rain in France will make inroads soon to kick things off later tonight?

From the BBC graphics I think the rain will develop over us tonight, it sort of looks like an explosion on the map.

First heavy downpours have just arrived here.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

That stuff to my SW needs to electrify! Cmonnnn!

Its arrived and Just thundered. Did you hear it It's absolutely hammering it down here in hasland

Rain cleared still pretty humid, think chances remain further north and east now? For any thundery bursts that is, you never know though.Or Kent lol.. Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Newton Poppleford Weather, has recorded 4.0 mm of rainfall today and the highest rainfall rate recorded today is 4.8 mm/hr 18:41. Posted Image

William, not being rude here but you can instead use words like 'my area' or 'here' to represent your place when discussing the weather.

Its just because some people may start to find it a bit distracting as it is such a long group of words.Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

From the BBC graphics I think the rain will develop over us tonight, it sort of looks like an explosion on the map.

First heavy downpours have just arrived here.

Ah right. God I've never known such a storm dilemma, BBC ramping nuts about storms, then Estofex and skywarn etc not having much of it at all. Tough call this one, nowcasting at the maximum level I think tonight.

Guest William Grimsley

Newton Poppleford Weather

I can't take anymore!!! Posted Image

Only kidding William Posted Image

Offensive and unnecessary.

Posted

Its arrived and Just thundered. Did you hear itIt's absolutely hammering it down here in hasland

Yep, torrential rain here, seen 1 flash to my west and 1 rumble. 

Guest William Grimsley

William, not being rude here but you can instead use words like 'my area' or 'here' to represent your place when discussing the weather.

Its just because some people may start to find it a bit distracting as it is such a long group of words.Posted Image

Yes I suppose.

Sorry guys, I never thought that using 'Newton Poppleford Weather' would be such a big deal...

• Like 4

Posted

Yes I suppose. 

Sorry guys, I never thought that using 'Newton Poppleford Weather' would be such a big deal... 

Use it as much as you want mate, more so if you're quoting your weather station. 

People are only joking anyway pal, don't worry :)

• Like 2

Posted

Yes I suppose. 

Calm down William and review everyones posts and gain as much info as you can from them. This is a topic that follows nationwide trends, Newton Poppleford is in the SW UK that currently isn't expected to experience any convective weather any time soon.

I realise you are only 15 but please remember the dynamic properties of storms and how you interpret the data available for your specific area.

Guest William Grimsley

Use it as much as you want mate, more so if you're quoting your weather station. 

People are only joking anyway pal, don't worry Posted Image

Thanks, mate. I hope people are joking, thanks :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yes I suppose.

It isn't, William...90% of us post with reference to our own location. How could we not?Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Calm down William and review everyones posts and gain as much info as you can from them. This is a topic that follows nationwide trends, Newton Poppleford is in the SW UK that currently isn't expected to experience any convective weather any time soon.

I realise you are only 15 but please remember the dynamic properties of storms and how you interpret the data available for your specific area.

Sorry a little off topic but just noticed you have seen 11 thunderstorms so far this year and 18 in the last two. Is that in Basildon or have you had to chase to see that many? 

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

I have reviewed everyone's posts. This has nothing to do with thunderstorms it's about how I want to present my data in a professional way so people know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I was only joking Posted Image

• Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

It isn't, William...90% of us post with reference to our own location. How could we not?Posted Image

Thank you! At least someone has a positive mental attitude! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm more concerned about the word Vantage appearing in his signature Posted Image

Jokes aside lets stop stealing the energy from the storms to flame our posts Posted Image

Ok that was another joke. Good luck to those further west. Our time will come tomorrow, more precisely after 8pm when I'm going on a night out with friends.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Guest William Grimsley

I was only joking Posted Image

I understand but to me that wasn't joking but if everyone is joking then fine I'll continue doing what I'm doing. :D

Night everyone. :D