Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It has not stopped raining since the early hours. Not seen a day like this in a loooong time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

36mm here overnight and up to mid afternoon, last night's rain was torrential at times, conservatory leaking like a sieve yet again. Some thunder etc as well for about an hour apparently although I wasn't woken up by it!

Over near Cambs it was steady rain mostly light to moderate until about 3pm, then brightened up a bit. I did leave behind some pretty dark skies though....

Guest William Grimsley

95.7mm on my station and its getting heavier again - lots of reports on Rayleigh facebook groups about houses along London Road and Downhall Park Way in Rayleigh being flooded and roads breaking up. Seems Rayleigh and Hockley have been worst hit.

WOW!

Posted

Why did they even attempt it, lmao A127

It is amazing isnt it. I walked over the underpass shortly before its closure and people london bound were trying to squeeze through a river that was the underpass. Crazy

Posted

95.7mm on my station and its getting heavier again - lots of reports on Rayleigh facebook groups about houses along London Road and Downhall Park Way in Rayleigh being flooded and roads breaking up. Seems Rayleigh and Hockley have been worst hit.

Seems about right. Obviously the 'sweet 'spot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Nice satellite pic from lunchtime today:
http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?subset=Europe_2_01.2013236.terra.1km

South-East England - and in particular South Essex! - under there somewhere...

Meanwhile, on the Isle of Man, sun-tan lotion out of stock in Boots...

Posted

Blimey I never knew Essex had the rain THIS BAD! More than just a rain shower! Posted Image

William, it's nice to see you in this thread, visiting (metaphorically) an area you're not resident in. Shows your love for weather.

I feel a couple of people were a little unnecessarily harsh on you in the storm thread recently. Can't see that happening here. So I, for one, think it's great you've called in. I honestly admire your enthusiasm. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Been tipping down here in Billericay all day, surprised not more places here have flooded, certainly not going to visit any rivers round here wii nead a boat or one of those vans on top gear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Finally stopped in Rayleigh at 98.1mm - will be interesting to see the official totals tomorrow!

Dont know what the totals are here in Peterborough, but its been raining on and off since 2-3AM this morning, when there was thunder and lightning (even though i slept through it!) 

Been a case of half a mile down the road will not be getting rain at all, when one place is getting a hammering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Someone just let off some fireworks and I got all excited...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

WOW!

You should move somewhere like Lincolnshire when you're older if you like storms Will ! They get no end, and for snow, they always blitz it aswell!

Posted

Evening all

Well, what a washout of a day it's been here.  Started raining about 4am and rained most of the day, sometimes pretty heavily but mostly steadily.  We had a dry interlude of a couple of hours this evening but now it's raining again.  Went to a BBQ this afternoon and in true Brit style we all carried on under a ragbag collection of gazebos, umbrellas and gortex.  As the smoke from the BBQ swirled around with the rain it felt like a scene from the Hound of the Baskervilles, though the hosts' spaniel was a lot less scary than the creature from the moors!

Off to Pembrokeshire tomorrow for a week and the weather looks like it could be ok, possibly bordering on 'decent'. 

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend those of us lucky enough to be able to benefit

AS

• Like 3

Posted

It has stopped raining. Posted Image

Hard to believe 12 hours ago I was feeling a little despondent. "God, the garden needs some rain." "PLEASE can we just have one day of rain." "Let it rain on them blokes over the road, building a porch which means mine won't be the newest in the street." That sort of stuff....

Be careful what you wish for, folks!

(Stuff about the porch was said a bit tongue-in-cheek, by the way. In case anyone thinks I honestly meant it!)

Edited by Anvils in the Sky
  • Like 2

Posted

Meanwhile, that convergence zone remains glued over me and has been since early morning!! Teeming it down with rain still as I speak and showing no letting up yet. Unbelievable.

Posted

Meanwhile, that convergence zone remains glued over me and has been since early morning!! Teeming it down with rain still as I speak and showing no letting up yet. Unbelievable.

Looking at raintoday, you are about as in-the-middle as it could possibly get tonight. I have a feeling the very last drop of today's rain will fall on Peterborough!

(Sorry. Not taking the Mick. Just noticing you really are stuck under the rain this evening.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

Been tipping down here in Billericay all day, surprised not more places here have flooded, certainly not going to visit any rivers round here wii nead a boat or one of those vans on top gear

Yes was absolutely pouring here in Billericay apparently fire brigade had to pump out waitrose on Billericay high street  which had 1.5ft of water through it. It had just re-opened  after 4 mil renovation!

Posted

Looking at raintoday, you are about as in-the-middle as it could possibly get tonight. I have a feeling the very last drop of today's rain will fall on Peterborough!

(Sorry. Not taking the Mick. Just noticing you really are stuck under the rain this evening.)

Haha!! I reckon you could be right there :p

It really has been a soaker for us today and as you say, could not be more in the middle! Just 10 miles down the road into Northants, its dry, then 15-20 miles the other way into Norfolk, also bone dry! You could not make it up :L 

It did look as if it was going to thunder at around 3PM, which I actually went out on a chase, but then stopped after 30 mins, caught some right heavy downpours in the process though. 

Been getting heavier would you believe in this last few minutes too! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

wet wet wet,

and no singing either.

We have been at a steam rally and the weather has been poo to be honest.

• Like 1

Posted

Haha!! I reckon you could be right there Posted Image

It really has been a soaker for us today and as you say, could not be more in the middle! Just 10 miles down the road into Northants, its dry, then 15-20 miles the other way into Norfolk, also bone dry! You could not make it up :L 

It did look as if it was going to thunder at around 3PM, which I actually went out on a chase, but then stopped after 30 mins, caught some right heavy downpours in the process though. 

Been getting heavier would you believe in this last few minutes too! 

Thunder?? What's that? A word not in my vocabulary. Hehe! Posted Image