Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, carry on your weather related musings here.....Please keep it on topic and most of all friendly....ta! Posted Image

old thread here -------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77461-south-west-central-southern-regional-discussion-2nd-august-2013/page-35

Guest William Grimsley

I think there might be a bit of sea breeze convergence today like we saw yesterday but with way less UK CAPE+Lifted Index. So, maybe people just inland from the coasts may see a shower or two but very unlikely as BBC and Met Office is predicting a dry day for most places. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

foggy here....should burn back soon though

Guest William Grimsley

Very quiet thread, today. Don't think much action will happen. Already a few clouds are bubbling up over Dartmoor.

Guest William Grimsley

Clouds starting to bubble up into Cumulus congestus over Dartmoor, now. Wouldn't be surprised to see some showers there, this afternoon.

Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Lots of cumulus and cumulus congestus clouds have bubbled up in the past 20 minutes! Quite a big cumulus congestus cloud to my WSW, now. Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Its been quite overcast here for much of this morning and only recently has it started to brighten up.

I doubt there will be anything noteworthy in terms of any kind of convective weather today William based on the forecasts that I have looked at.

Guest William Grimsley

I doubt there will be anything noteworthy in terms of any kind of convective weather today William based on the forecasts that I have looked at.

Probably nothing much today but a few showers possible. Clouds turning towards Cumulonimbus in places. Looks quite sunny in Wiltshire.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Yes as Ben says it's a grey day in West Wiltshire, taking forever for the low cloud/mist to burn off and it's thickened again now after 5 minutes of sunshine a little earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Just sunny intervals now....22.1c...

Guest William Grimsley

Still lots of cumulus congestus clouds and 1 or 2 cumulonimbus clouds to the S, earlier. Still no showers to be seen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-88153800-1377714963_thumb.j

More showers around compared to today, but still with some good sunny spells too.

The area in red, which includes much of the region with the exception of Berkshire and East Hampshire, could be prone to a shower or two tomorrow afternoon into tomorrow evening.

The morning is expected to be a dry, bright morning with variable cloudcover giving way to sunny spells. Cloud will then bubble up as diurnal heating takes place and by the afternoon, signs of shower development will begin to emerge.

There is no strong signal for any focal point for these showers, hence the broad, large area highlighted. The showers will be scattered thus not everywhere will catch them and some places therefore will have a dry day.

Good sunny spells are expected where the showers don't form. The showers aren't expected to be anything noteworthy, although some heavy ones are possible by the late afternoon.

Temperatures will be broadly on the low twenties, the South West perhaps peaking in the high teens.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Tomorrow's forecast map;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

More showers around compared to today, but still with some good sunny spells too.

The area in red, which includes much of the region with the exception of Berkshire and East Hampshire, could be prone to a shower or two tomorrow afternoon into tomorrow evening.

The morning is expected to be a dry, bright morning with variable cloudcover giving way to sunny spells. Cloud will then bubble up as diurnal heating takes place and by the afternoon, signs of shower development will begin to emerge.

There is no string signal for any focal point for these showers, hence the broad, large area highlighted. The showers will be scattered thus not everywhere will catch them and some places therefore will have a dry day.

Good sunny spells are expected where the showers don't form. The showers aren't expected to be anything noteworthy, although some heavy ones are possible by the late afternoon.

Temperatures will be broadly on the low twenties, the South West perhaps peaking in the high teens.

There's something about that image, that reminds me of a Basking Shark or maybe its a Great White? Posted Image

Thanks again for these most professional of summaries.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Tomorrow's forecast map;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

There is no strong signal for any focal point for these showers, hence the broad, large area highlighted. The showers will be scattered thus not everywhere will catch them and some places therefore will have a dry day.

I hope I get some showers tomorrow as it looks like we might get some, tomorrow. We've missed out in the past 3 days. I'll be watching the skies carefully, tomorrow. Posted Image

There's something about that image, that reminds me of a Basking Shark or maybe its a Great White? Posted Image

Thanks again for these most professional of summaries.

Yeah reminds me of that, too. Posted Image

It looks like I'll be doing pretty much nothing tomorrow except taking the dog for a walk, in the morning. So, eyes on the skies for me, tomorrow. Posted Image

Again, day 3 into this showery theme and no sign of any showers reaching here. I'm hoping for maybe some action, tomorrow. Posted Image

Edited by shuggee
  • Like 1

Posted

I hope I get some showers tomorrow as it looks like we might get some, tomorrow. We've missed out in the past 3 days. I'll be watching the skies carefully, tomorrow. Posted Image

Yeah reminds me of that, too. Posted Image

It looks like I'll be doing pretty much nothing tomorrow except taking the dog for a walk, in the morning. So, eyes on the skies for me, tomorrow. Posted Image

Again, day 3 into this showery theme and no sign of any showers reaching here. I'm hoping for maybe some action, tomorrow. Posted Image

Did you say something about tomorrow? :lol:

Posted

Funny. Oh dear.

You are desperate for those showers William! :lol: 

Guest William Grimsley

You are desperate for those showers William! Posted Image

Yes seen as we haven't had a single drop in the past 3 days, here! Posted Image

Cloudy and dull skies. Was hoping for some sun and sea breezes to form so some convection takes place.

Sun breaking through now and feeling warm/muggy. Clouds bubbling up now with 1 or 2 showers in NW Devon. Hopefully something will hit here soon.