Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Something a bit more organised heading towards the SW approaches over the coming couple of hours. Seems to approaching from the West and is heading largely due East. I expect these showery bursts to effect North Cornwall and North Devon at around 5pm, slowly transferring Eastwards. That is assuming they maintain their intensity. Posted Image

It's weakening and it'll continue to and fragment during it's transit, nothing more than a few drizzly outbreaks for most as it cross the region. Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Hopefully it will weaken so much nothing will happen at all. Now just need the cloud to weaken, I mean, breaken! About to put the BBQ on.

Guest William Grimsley

Quite a nice rain band approaching Devon. It's mainly light rain at the moment with a few bits of moderate rain in places. :D

Hopefully it will weaken so much nothing will happen at all. Now just need the cloud to weaken, I mean, breaken! About to put the BBQ on.

Could well do for Somerset, unlikely for E Devon, though.

Posted

time to restock up on the sun tan lotion as some really nice summery charts being churned out by the model outputs over the past 24-48 hours.....if they verify, central and eastern parts of our region could be seeing 80F for a few days!  8)

I've been reading that for about the last 3 weeks on NW, courtesy of Frosty and Summer Sun - and it's still to materialise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It's weakening and it'll continue to and fragment during it's transit, nothing more than a few drizzly outbreaks for most as it cross the region. Posted Image

Kind of, I guess, but like ronseal (well not quite Posted Image ), its got your name on it. Wareham looks likely to be getting some showery outbreaks from 7.15pm ish onwards.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

You're bang on! Those showery outbreaks have just hit N Cornwall and N Devon! The band is intensifying, too! I hope it reaches E Devon! Posted Image

Why Thank you William. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-68602600-1377885715_thumb.j

A sunny and warm day ahead.

The area in red however, which includes Newton Poppleford, will see violent tornadoes develop during the afternoon in association with severe thunderstorm development that will stall over the village and continue for hours. Hail the size of tennis balls will fall along with frequent fork lightning and thunderbolts. The villagers of Newton Poppleford should heed this warning and evacuate the village tomorrow morning as these thunderstorms have the potential to cause catastrophic distribution.

Elsewhere, it's a day of sunny spells and scatters cloud. These sunny spells will become prolonged in the afternoon.

Temperatures will be around average for most of us.

• Like 7

Guest William Grimsley

Why Thank you William. Posted Image

It's ok. Posted Image

Tomorrow's forecast map;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

A sunny and warm day ahead.

The area in red however, which includes Newton Poppleford, will see violent tornadoes develop during the afternoon in association with severe thunderstorm development that will stall over the village and continue for hours. Hail the size of tennis balls will fall along with frequent fork lightning and thunderbolts. The villagers of Newton Poppleford should heed this warning and evacuate the village tomorrow morning as these thunderstorms have the potential to cause catastrophic distribution.

Elsewhere, it's a day of sunny spells and scatters cloud. These sunny spells will become prolonged in the afternoon.

Temperatures will be around average for most of us.

Really? That's interesting. I find that quite funny to be honest! Though, I am evacuating to Cornwall, tomorrow! Posted Image

Just had some light rain for 30 minutes with big drops, here. It felt muggy during the rain. Rainfall Today: 0.2 mm.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Well it rained quite large drops for 10 mins, dampened the ground then stopped!! A bit different to the predicted patchy drizzle but equally un-useful!

Guest William Grimsley

Well it rained quite large drops for 10 mins, dampened the ground then stopped!! A bit different to the predicted patchy drizzle but equally un-useful!

Exactly the same story here! Here, the rain lasted for 30 minutes!

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

For the very few members who haven't yet read or understood the forum guidelines, I 'll spell them out one more time.....

forum guidelines......

.....9. Netweather.tv includes discussion forums that allow interaction between users and NET-WEATHER forecasters ("Forums"). While NET-WEATHER does not control the information/materials posted to Forums by users ("the Messages"), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit the Messages and to terminate your access to and use use of the Forums and you waive moral rights that you have in regard to the Messages. You must comply with any rules posted by NET-WEATHER on a Forum.

there, there's no misunderstanding, so please for those very few members, no more posts on the subject, and no more pm's, as both will be subject to moderation....

on behalf of the site team, thank you for your co-operation

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

For the very few members who haven't yet read or understood the forum guidelines, I 'll spell them out one more time.....

forum guidelines......

.....9. Netweather.tv includes discussion forums that allow interaction between users and NET-WEATHER forecasters ("Forums"). While NET-WEATHER does not control the information/materials posted to Forums by users ("the Messages"), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit the Messages and to terminate your access to and use use of the Forums and you waive moral rights that you have in regard to the Messages. You must comply with any rules posted by NET-WEATHER on a Forum.

there, there's no misunderstanding, so please for those very few members, no more posts on the subject, and no more pm's, as both will be subject to moderation....

on behalf of the site team, thank you for your co-operation

Understood, AJ. Thank you. :D

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Enough rain to dampen the ground, but not enough to do any good.  Left a pleasant smell behind!

Guest William Grimsley

Enough rain to dampen the ground, but not enough to do any good.  Left a pleasant smell behind!

Was quite wet here after the rain, here. But, yes we got a pleasant smell behind, too! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Understood, AJ. Thank you. Posted Image

no worries, glad we sorted that out... Posted Image

beautiful day today, azure blue skies, no cloud, and pleasantly warm despite the stiff breeze........looking good for the bulk of next week too....modelling is going for a fine warm/very warm spell up to thursday with temps approaching 80F in a few favoured spots, and mid 70's elsewhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Kind of, I guess, but like ronseal (well not quite Posted Image ), its got your name on it. Wareham looks likely to be getting some showery outbreaks from 7.15pm ish onwards.

I was fishing at Shell Bay, Studland, around about that time. It created one of the best sunsets i've possibly ever seen! Deep reds and hints of purple, very unusual. A few spots of rain arrived but nothing to hinder the night, it turned quite productive too, 6 smoothhounds, 2 plaice and a few small pollock. Posted Image

Currently 18C with cloudless blue skies.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Little cloud mainly Blue sky. Settled Fine .16.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Little point in making it anymore detailed than what it needs to be;

- looking dry for all of us tomorrow but with more cloud around than today. Still some sunny spells but do expect periods of cloudcover too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Going to be a cold night tonight. 9.8c and falling away Posted Image

Winter is coming... Posted Image

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Going to be a cold night tonight. 9.8c and falling away Posted Image

Winter is coming... Posted Image

OH COME ON lets have autumn first....

Posted

Exeter airport at 4.4c!!

and a 4.4c min here in the Otter Valley too!

Currently 10.1c with some weak sun through high cloud, but thinner with some blue sky to the NW.

I notice Exeter Airport had 4.0c at 5am, wonder what the actual min will be.

Though not quite as low as the 30th August 2010 which managed 3.0c here with a tough of ground frost! The Met Office station at Exeter AP had 1.9c then apparently Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

I notice Exeter Airport had 4.0c at 5am, wonder what the actual min will be.

Though not quite as low as the 30th August 2010 which managed 3.0c here with a tough of ground frost! The Met Office station at Exeter AP had 1.9c then apparently Posted Image

WOW! :D

Posted

OH COME ON lets have autumn first....

Hi paul. Can you please update your location in your profile to reflect your new settlement in the South West and Central Southern area of England. Posted Image As for my sarcasm, certain folk will confirm that I am an occasional urine taker. Wherever, you reside, you're all welcome, what's the weather doing in Yorkshire? Pretty nondescript here but at least its dry. My day started with a minimum of 7.2c