Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Wow, what a day?! 25C was the high here. I've just got back from Studland beach after spending a few hours bass spinning, gorgeous weather. :)

• Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

Modest possibility that the south and south west could see a very wet weekend and start to next week.Periods of rain are likely interspersed by frequent heavy showers. It's been a very long time since we've had a deeply unsettled period of weather, it could be a shock to the system for some.Finer detail still to be decided, but it's looking like one of a few occasions where southern England sees the rain with northern England seeing the settled weather.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. This could be one wet weekend for some! :D

The rainfall looks like it may cause some problems the weekend. The ground around here seems quite dry.

Yeah dry ground then lots of heavy rain could cause some localised flooding in places with lots of surface water on the roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Leaves have started falling from our trees here. Seems a bit early to me. Signs of things to come? Bit of a random post but I love the thought of winter just around the corner

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast is a nice easy one.

A day of sunny spells and scattered cumulus clouds. Very warm.

Enjoy!

Edited by AWD
  • Like 2

Posted

Leaves have started falling from our trees here. Seems a bit early to me. Signs of things to come? Bit of a random post but I love the thought of winter just around the corner

Possibly a sign of how dry the summer has been.

Tomorrow's forecast is a nice easy one.A day of sunny spells and scattered cumulus clouds. Very warm.Enjoy!

Preceded by dense fog until around mid morning again for some places.

• Like 1

Posted

Grey overcast morning but the cloud cleared quite quick around noon and became a beautiful day so thankfully forecasts of sun this afternoon were correct, with a max temp of 24.7c. So much for the top temp of forecast of 21C from the BBC and Met Office though but they often seem a bit low.

Guest William Grimsley

Grey overcast morning but the cloud cleared quite quick around noon and became a beautiful day so thankfully forecasts of sun this afternoon were correct, with a max temp of 24.7c. So much for the top temp of forecast of 21C from the BBC and Met Office though but they often seem a bit low.

Always the same old story! Thankfully the sun came out this afternoon, Sam! Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Even more fog this morning! A real autum feel when looking out the window, but temperatures not that cold.

Edited by MPG

Guest William Grimsley

Even more fog this morning! A real autum feel when looking out the window, but temperatures not that cold.

Yeah quite foggy here this morning, too!

Posted

When there is fog in this area my old town of Westbury is usually worst affected, however this morning I left Warminster in fog, arrived in Trowbridge in fog while Westbury in between was clear and sunny!

Sparkling day now and already 26.1c so wondering how high it could go.

Guest William Grimsley

Now, it's sunny and warm here. Now, there are lots of altocumulus clouds visible in a line moving from SW to NE. Now, the low cloud has almost cleared except to the SE, SSE, S, SSW, SW, WSW and W. Posted Image

Posted

Very busy and very warm day at the office too;

post-12721-0-32807100-1378300178_thumb.j

Sweating buckets in the searing sunshine. Lovely day to be doing anything but working. Best get back to work anyway, these trains aren't going to load themselves.

• Like 3

Guest William Grimsley

Very busy and very warm day at the office too;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Sweating buckets in the searing sunshine. Lovely day to be doing anything but working. Best get back to work anyway, these trains aren't going to load themselves.

Yeah, it's nice for people like me who are on their Summer holidays! I never knew you worked with trains! :D

Posted

I never knew you worked with trains! :D

Yup, it's all I've done since I left school. It's how I found my interest in the weather.Better make the most of today anyway as it slowly goes downhill in the west of our region tomorrow and for the whole of our region on Friday and into the weekend.

Guest William Grimsley

Yup, it's all I've done since I left school. It's how I found my interest in the weather.Better make the most of today anyway as it slowly goes downhill in the west of our region tomorrow and for the whole of our region on Friday and into the weekend.

That's interesting I have an interest in aviation and that's how I found my interest in the weather.Yeah a shame but I would love some rain.

Guest William Grimsley

There is quite a lot of cirrocumulus and altocumulus around today. Cirrocumulus does normally bring rain in around 10 hours but there is certainly no rain forecast in 10 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Absolutely stunning day for September - pea soup when I got up at 7.30 then pretty much unbroken sunshine since 9.30 with a high of 28.3! Was not expecting that but then it's normally a few degrees higher than the BBC's forecasts. One more day to enjoy the dry then brolly day on Friday!

Guest William Grimsley

There is a lovely line of altocumulus castellanus clouds to the N of here, now. Posted Image