Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

when is the expected time for air to get pleasant again?

chrcoluk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

the warmies should be thankful that march can see nice pleasant sunny days with temps in the mid to high teens, i've never seen a frost in september let alone snow, so the warmies have it better, for the warmies it don't matter whether its 20c in september or 30c they are both good temps for that time of year, for coldies only ice days and snow are any good, not 3c and slushy snow like we often see in march last march was a one off, although i saw no snow

Last March was an absolute stonker, I totally agree with the rest of your post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

This warm spell of weather so late is welcome in my eyes to be honest as cold/snow is just wasted so early. We were starting to turn on the heating for a couple of hours a day only a few days ago so its nice to be able to hold off again for a little while.

Warm outside tonight but certainly not hot at 14.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

yes I do remember how cold it was in spring but thats nowhere near as bad as central heating and thick clothes takes care of it.

At 3.35 am after having my front door wide open since midnight my room is 21.8C.

Clearly I am hotter than you guys when you are reporting temps in the teens, I havent seen teens since last week.

I am not working out or doing anything heavy physical, I am getting sweaty just sitting down.  although the sweat has gone now after having the door open during the night.

To me a big sign its hot weather is when you can walk outside at 2-5am and not feel cold or even remotely chilly with no top on.

Tommorow midday I expect my room temp to be mid 20s again.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

This warm spell of weather so late is welcome in my eyes to be honest as cold/snow is just wasted so early. We were starting to turn on the heating for a couple of hours a day only a few days ago so its nice to be able to hold off again for a little while.

Warm outside tonight but certainly not hot at 14.2c

Bizarre, yes it was more pleasnatly cool last week but it certianly wasnt cold heating needed weather, you guys seem very attached to tropical type weather if you needing heating in a hot september.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Bizarre, yes it was more pleasnatly cool last week but it certianly wasnt cold heating needed weather, you guys seem very attached to tropical type weather if you needing heating in a hot september.

We're only 0.5c above average for September at this point so 'hot' doesn't really describe it. Remember September is the 4th warmest month of the year with average max around 16-17c here - we're a little above that this week but loads below it last week. Also remember that 16c isn't 'sitting' temperature and if you live in a cold house and the sun isn't out it will need heating somehow.

yes I do remember how cold it was in spring but thats nowhere near as bad as central heating and thick clothes takes care of it.

I remember distinctly a March day where central heating on full blast leveled out around 17c because it couldn't keep up with the loss due to a strong cold wind. Jumpers and all - we never felt warm in that period. Besides artificial heating just isn't the same as natural heating - there's always a cold draft from somewhere and cold spots in the house. Also it costs a fortune!

the warmies should be thankful that march can see nice pleasant sunny days with temps in the mid to high teens, i've never seen a frost in september let alone snow, so the warmies have it better, for the warmies it don't matter whether its 20c in september or 30c they are both good temps for that time of year, for coldies only ice days and snow are any good, not 3c and slushy snow like we often see in march last march was a one off, although i saw no snow

Warmies, warmies, warmies... I might coin the phrase 'comforties' for me as I just want it comfortable. For most folk 21-24c is pretty comfortable (aka 'Room Temperature' 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_temperature) so maxes around 25c and mins around 16c are in the comfort zone.

If its only ice days and snow that's any good to you 'coldies' then you must leave the UK - the same as if I expect weather like in July (27c sunny for 60% of time) any more frequently than once in 6-7 years. It's certainly easier to get pleasant usable weather so I'd argue folks who like 'mild' ('mildies' to keep this going...) weather (12-15c) have it best rather than 'warmies' or in fact 'comforties' like myself.

Anyway back on with some 'workies'... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Apart from the fact it's not sunny enough, nowhere near sunny enough, this spell is still very pleasant indeed. Temperature around average to slightly above, not too cold at night and NO WIND - makes such a difference. As much as I welcome the gales and rain associated with autumn, if we can get these spells now and into the first half of October, I'd take that if it means a stormier second half of the autumn leading to a colder winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It still feels pleasant and will continue to do so for quite a while yet. When will it stop, probably mid to late October given the current weather patterns.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Last March was an absolute stinker, I totally agree with the rest of your post.

That's better...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Clear, cool and fresh here this morning. 4.5C earlier and sunny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Fresh in Darlo as well this morning 12.3°C and rising with the sunshine

Low overnight of 8.0°C

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Fresher here this morning overnight low of 7c. Temperature at 13c now and rising. Its been pleasantly warm this week, but yesterday evening it felt very close!

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

It hasn't been a hot september. Its right on track to be at the 81-10 average. We've had a cools spell mid month around 2-3 degrees below average, and some warm spells at the start and end about 2-3 above average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Woke up at 6am this morning to find out that it was 14C. These mild nights are getting so boring now, and with October looking mild it's going to be the same for weeks yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

In saying these nights are warm !!!! You have to go along way to beat the September record of...  21.7 °C....5 September 1949...St James's Park (London)

And i know that was at the start of September... But look at October...19.4  °C  1 October 1985  Aber (Gwynedd).

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

We're only 0.5c above average for September at this point so 'hot' doesn't really describe it. Remember September is the 4th warmest month of the year with average max around 16-17c here - we're a little above that this week but loads below it last week. Also remember that 16c isn't 'sitting' temperature and if you live in a cold house and the sun isn't out it will need heating somehow.

I remember distinctly a March day where central heating on full blast leveled out around 17c because it couldn't keep up with the loss due to a strong cold wind. Jumpers and all - we never felt warm in that period. Besides artificial heating just isn't the same as natural heating - there's always a cold draft from somewhere and cold spots in the house. Also it costs a fortune!

Warmies, warmies, warmies... I might coin the phrase 'comforties' for me as I just want it comfortable. For most folk 21-24c is pretty comfortable (aka 'Room Temperature' 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_temperature) so maxes around 25c and mins around 16c are in the comfort zone.

If its only ice days and snow that's any good to you 'coldies' then you must leave the UK - the same as if I expect weather like in July (27c sunny for 60% of time) any more frequently than once in 6-7 years. It's certainly easier to get pleasant usable weather so I'd argue folks who like 'mild' ('mildies' to keep this going...) weather (12-15c) have it best rather than 'warmies' or in fact 'comforties' like myself.

Anyway back on with some 'workies'... 

exactly and 21c is far more common than 0c and snow, because 0c and snow is not the norm here, it don't need to be 27-32c all the time, 21c is nice enough if sunny like today, i like warm weather myself but i don't like hot weather, 5c and cloudy is common but sadly that is useless weather as its to warm for snow usually

im aware i need to leave the UK  to see snow often, and the warmies need to leave the uk if they want constant warm weather, but at the end of the day the warmies have it better than the coldies here, and joe public moan when we have one or two snow days a year in the south, imagine if we only got one warm sunny day a year

Edited by Tony27
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Down to single figures last night. So no heatwave.

Hey Bottesford looks like we have an ideal house for you temp wise. No heating required!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

exactly and 21c is far more common than 0c and snow, because 0c and snow is not the norm here, it don't need to be 27-32c all the time, 21c is nice enough if sunny like today, i like warm weather myself but i don't like hot weather, 5c and cloudy is common but sadly that is useless weather as its to warm for snow usually

im aware i need to leave the UK  to see snow often, and the warmies need to leave the uk if they want constant warm weather, but at the end of the day the warmies have it better than the coldies here, and joe public moan when we have one or two snow days a year in the south, imagine if we only got one warm sunny day a year

The issue with your point is sure 18-21c is a fairly common summer range but not every 'warmie' thinks 21c at 3pm is enough. Me for instance! This means it is 18c by the time I'm able to enjoy it during the week - not warm enough.

25c-27c now we're talking very warm and therefore warm enough for a pleasant evening too. This is far less common and perhaps as common as sub zero minima both being 2-3c above or below the average max/min if you get me.

Posted

then they are fussy if they think 21c and sunny is not warm enough, of course 27c+ is not that common, but 21c is plenty warm enough for me and many others, the difference with winter is it usually has to be 0c for snow to settle, sure it can snow when it is 4c with -10 uppers but it never settles, well it doesn't here so 0c is what is requiared for sustained snow, for me i don't care whether its 21c or 31c in summer as long as its sunny

the winter average of 7c is not cold enough for snow, but the summer average of 21c is warm enough, the problem in summer here is not the temps its the lack of sun, even 17c and sunny can feel nice like today for instance, the fact that people have to work all day so they can't enjoy it is just tough luck that's life

even the dreadful june of 2012 had some nice days, no heatwave and wall to wall sun, but pleasant usable weather, i have seen many winters with just a bit of slushy snow and that is the best i got

Edited by Tony27

Posted

Then call me fussy for wanting >21c! I like sitting out in evenings - this is not possible with a max of 21c as it will be too cool by evening time - unless its especially humid and even then you'd chill eventually.

I agree there is a rather important defined line down the bottom end (0c) that we summer folk don't have. 

Anyway I'll be in Berlin this winter and shall keep the sub-zero easterlies to myself! :lol:

It has been very pleasant these past few days and fresher at night, it hasn't been hot at all, September isn't a cold month with average temps similar to June, March is way colder , early April was exceptionally cold feeling more like January with bitter NE'ly winds with snow cover on high ground in the midlands .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

While this is no heatwave like people are saying it is very nice for this time of year, mostly down to virtually no wind. 18-19c is brilliant for September but unfortunately after the very warm Summer we had it feels rather chilly to me apart from when the sun's beating down at around 3PM. I really don't know how people are saying that 18-19c is hot though, it plainly isn't by any stretch of the imagination. If you sat in a room at 18c you would begin to feel chilly after a while. There's no way I could go out in a T-Shirt late at night, that's madness to whoever posted that. 3AM temp at the moment is around 13-14c. Extremely good for this time of year seeing as the average is 14c during the day, but light jacket or hoodie weather regardless. Thankfully it looks like this spell will continue for some time. It's basically September's version of this July. 

Just don't get carried away by saying this is hot, it patently isn't, I don't care who you are. it's just a very nice period for this time of year and a fantastic  way to end this wonderful Summer and I for one hope it goes on for as long as possible. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

If you sat in a room at 18c you would begin to feel chilly after a while.

Speak for yourself. At the moment the temperature in my bedroom is normally 16-17C and I'm absolutely fine to sit in here.

It's basically September's version of this July.

I wouldn't go that far. July saw days on end with average maxima in the high 20's, often 5-8C above average here. It was a crazy month for maxima. This spell is seeing temperatures maxing at around 18-19C, around 3-4C above average. That is all IMBY mind you and it may be different elsewhere.

Posted

A change to either NW’lys, W’lys or SW’lys can’t come soon enough. The current weather is awful. Grey cloudy dross for the 5th day out of 6. Thursday was an ideal autumn day: sunny with a min of 3.4C and max of 13.7C. Otherwise it’s been night after night of dire double-digit mins followed by daytime temperatures no higher than average and cloudy skies Posted Image