Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/09/13 ------------>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia Posted Image 

link to the previous one........

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77866-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-170913/page-39

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning :)

Another sunny day coming up here by the looks of it. Good for running errands anyway.

Posted

Morning Posted Image

Another sunny day coming up here by the looks of it. Good for running errands anyway.

Morning Cpt.!

Just after I posted how grey it was yesterday morning, the sun did it's best to prove me wrong. So a change of initial plans and a mad dash over to the beach to enjoy the seaside:

Grey again this morning but by yesterday's standards, that should also prove me wrong shortly!
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Beige and hazy - and quite warm with it. A21 driving weather conditionsPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Cloudy here at the moment, but not overcast. Hopefully sunny intervals soon. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all,

Disappointing weekend here, sunshine-wise. Yesterday, in particular. The second sunless Sunday on the trot. Not a glimmer of the stuff from dawn to dusk. Looked at the satellite pics, and there we were - stuck under that one blob of cloud over NW Kent, which just refused to shift or break up. Then, once the sun had set, clear starry skies happily moved in!

Was feeling more optimistic about today earlier as, although cloud had re-formed overnight, it was quite well broken. But in the last 20 minutes or so, it has thickened up once again into a completely overcast mass. And Sat24 now strongly hinting the Thames estuary is being the daytime cloud generator for NW Kent it always seems to be if the wind is from a direction of anything from NNE through to SSE. Hoping to be proved wrong though!

For those wanting thunderstorms, here's a link a mate - who's fully aware of my love of storms! - sent me over the weekend. Some stunning pics from the US in there.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2434754/Catching-lightning-The-breathtaking-photos-professional-storm-chaser-follows-Americas-extreme-weather.html

Have a nice Monday, folks. 1st October tomorrow! Where on earth did the first three-quarters of this year go?!

Lee

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Way more than sunny intervals here now. Almost completely blue sky!

Posted

Way more than sunny intervals here now. Almost completely blue sky!

You can see the very clear divide of EA, Essex + Kent and the rest of the region this morning on the Satellite, needn't say which side of the murk I'm on!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

You can see the very clear divide of EA, Essex + Kent and the rest of the region this morning on the Satellite, needn't say which side of the murk I'm on!

And, as always, the weather has made a fool of me! When will I ever learn?! I post on here about the cloud thickening, and expecting it to stay grey all day. And within minutes.....the cloud bank just disappears off to the NW, and we're left with blue skies. Which is what I've been waiting for actually, as I want to try out my new prescription sunnies! Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Great to see you all had a nice weekend, same here Posted Image

It's a bit dull and drab (only the weather not me personally) this morning but I've been on line booking a last minute.com break for next week so hopefully Mr P and I will be lucky with some sunshine then Posted Image

Meantime it's all work and no play for the rest of the day now .....but have a good one y'all Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all....ok so im 2 mins late.....

One word sums up my Monday so far.....Meh

Im not sure if its actually a word, but i know what i mean

have a good day folks

• Like 1

Posted

Stunning day so far with blue skies and only contrails and cirrus. 17C.

Yep look like an East/West divide today and the border seems to be Kent through SE London upwards:

Posted Image

Posted

Just grey, grey and more grey in Uxbridge; oh hold on, I can see a tiny patch of blue aloft... and it's gone again.... [sighs].

• Like 1

Posted

Good afternoon everyone. It's taken a while but the skies are clearing quite nicely now and the temperature is up to a very respectable 19c. So bloomin' frustrating being flatbound on days like this.Posted Image

Time for my afternoon nap, have a good day folks Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

afternooon alll

bloody hell that was a hectik weekend anyway.on and off gray day with the odd finger of sun ,ill take that hope every 1 is okPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

The sun has finally pushed through as the cloud clears across Sussex now, with a very low trajectory right into the office making it difficult to see the screen. I'm not blocking it out though as it is a very welcome visitor this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Driving towards Sevenoaks the sun came out from a zone of cloud that had a defined edge into blue sky. This afternoon back home the sun had broken through nicely after the cloudy start to the morning - a pleasant dayPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תמר
  • Like 3

Posted

Turned into a corker of a day here, once that cloud cleared off this morning. (Yes, that cloud I forecast to hang around all day! Easy to see why I'm no meteorologist!)

Blue skies then prevailed......with bits and pieces of altocumulus to the south for a while - but far enough south not to block out the sun. The max temp was 17.9°, but it really did feel warmer than that in the sun.

I notice the soil is drying out again. Looks like it does in the middle of a dry summer. Not what you'd expect at just six hours from October!

Sorry some were stuck under a blanket of grey today. (I can relate - we had that yesterday.) The contrasts across our region show up quite well here:http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?subset=AERONET_Lille.2013273.terra.500m

As Coast said earlier, East Anglia and Kent the winners today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Can't believe it's going to be 32C next week!

In Cape VerdePosted Image

I'll see if I can smuggle some sunshine back through customs for the sun lovers around here.

• Like 5

Can't believe it's going to be 32C next week!

In Cape VerdePosted Image

I'll see if I can smuggle some sunshine back through customs for the sun lovers around here.

They have just amended that to 32FPosted Image the easterly is coming from a different directionPosted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Meanwhile in Egham, a rather cloudy day but by no means overcast - light cloud for most of the day which cleared around 5pm.