Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/09/13 ------------>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just checking GFS and they have the rain in our region, but with the heavier stuff out in The Channel and along the coast:

Posted Image

Posted

The grey continues here, unbroken into the distance with no view past the M40 and the air traffic control tower at Heathrow only partially visible as we drove past; no sign of the rain that some of you have experienced plentifully. 16 degrees on the car temperature gauge, up 3 degrees on yesterday morning. Hard to say much about it really as my last posts over the past few days have reported almost the same weather, over and over, repeatedly, again and again, day in day out, never changing.....

Thanks RS, this post sums it up perfectly, although there were a couple of very brief but heavy showers about 4am this morning here.

Apart from that it's another blanket of dull grey sludge overhead, and temperatures have only ranged between 14 and 17c for the last 24 hours or so. Here's hoping for some overnight fireworks of the natural kind. Something to relieve the monotony would be nice. Have a good day folks.Posted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 2

Posted

Thanks RS, this post sums it up perfectly, although there were a couple of very brief but heavy showers about 4am this morning here.

Morning Martin,

If it's any help a single ray of sunshine has just broken through here in Sussex!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all,

Was a sodden start to the day here too. A couple of really torrential downpours earlier. Everything still damp and dripping outside now. And, yep, the rain has cleared to leave us with the leaden grey skies others are reporting. Really gloomy light out there at the moment. Current temp =  14.6°C.

Still some uncertainty over tomorrow's rain/storms, I gather? Quelle surprise!

Lee

Posted

Morning all,

Still some uncertainty over tomorrow's rain/storms, I gather? Quelle surprise!

Morning Lee

Updates through the day I guess, but quite a difference from the main models at this short range. Who'll come out correctly?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm sure that - one way or another - the Triangle will be completely bypassed...Posted Image

Edited by A Boy Named Sue
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning Lee

Updates through the day I guess, but quite a difference from the main models at this short range. Who'll come out correctly?

I noticed the MetO said there would be an update this morning to their warnings. Checked a few minutes ago, and no update yet. A sign of the uncertainty maybe?

Having said that, there's still an hour of the morning left. And I've noticed that when they say there will be an update prior to an event, there always is. So I'll have another look later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I noticed the MetO said there would be an update this morning to their warnings. Checked a few minutes ago, and no update yet. A sign of the uncertainty maybe?Having said that, there's still an hour of the morning left. And I've noticed that when they say there will be an update prior to an event, there always is. So I'll have another look later.

I'll be keeping an eye on things as well and will post any updates if I get the chance - I'm out for afternoon tea later with one of the lovely ladies I normally do lunch with ... It's a hard life but someone has to do it lol
  • Like 2

Posted

I noticed the MetO said there would be an update this morning to their warnings. Checked a few minutes ago, and no update yet. A sign of the uncertainty maybe?

Having said that, there's still an hour of the morning left. And I've noticed that when they say there will be an update prior to an event, there always is. So I'll have another look later.

I imagine they are waiting for the latest info to come through from their own datastreams and models. If this panned out like NMM I looked at earlier, we would pretty much all get very very wet.

Posted

Here we go!

Yellow Warning of Rain
02 Oct 2013, 18:00

Yellow Warning of Rain

Valid From: 02 Oct 2013, 18:00
Valid To: 03 Oct 2013, 23:59
Issued at - 02 Oct 2013, 11:01
Valid from - 02 Oct 2013, 18:00
Valid to - 03 Oct 2013, 23:59

Outbreaks of heavy, thundery, rain will spread from the south during Wednesday evening and Thursday, with the potential for some torrential downpours in places.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html

• Like 1

Posted

If you need cheering up with a snow fix, I posted this in the snow and ice thread earlier http://longyearbyen.livecam360.com/flash/main.php

• Like 2

Posted

There are also some low-risk flood alerts out for our region for tomorrow:

post-6667-0-90377700-1380709575_thumb.jp

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/3days/125305.aspx

Posted

There are also some low-risk flood alerts out for our region for tomorrow:

Posted ImageFlood warnings.jpg

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/3days/125305.aspx

morning coast ,yes just checked that us in surrey as well,surpose thay have to edge on the caution side of thing,now iam going back to work lol late of break whot will my boss sayPosted Image who said pubs could open at 11.00am.................Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I'll be keeping an eye on things as well and will post any updates if I get the chance - I'm out for afternoon tea later with one of the lovely ladies I normally do lunch with ... It's a hard life but someone has to do it lol

I'll have a pot of builders' tea, and a big fat scone oozing with jam and cream please!

I imagine they are waiting for the latest info to come through from their own datastreams and models. If this panned out like NMM I looked at earlier, we would pretty much all get very very wet.

And, naturally, the update comes through within seconds of me posting about the lack of update!

I see my area has been removed from the latest warning zone. Par for the course when thunderstorms are involved, so I can't say I'm surprised or disappointed.

If you need cheering up with a snow fix, I posted this in the snow and ice thread earlier http://longyearbyen.livecam360.com/flash/main.php

Thanks Reef. Another great link. Bookmarked!

• Like 1

Posted

Alright for some...  I'll be having lunch in the office at my desk thanks to the rubbish weather today and not being able to escape outside Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Morning Martin,

If it's any help a single ray of sunshine has just broken through here in Sussex!

Posted Image

Morning Robin, ( and of course all regionnares ) any chance of blowing that single ray of sunshine this way please, if only for an hour !!

Interesting to note that the recently updated Met Office warning has been extended time-wise. The original was from 00:05hrs Thursday, the update is effective from 18:00 hours today. Fingers crossed eh.?

• Like 1

Posted

Fingers crossed eh.?

Fingers crossed for a little convective weather, but I'm not sure about that potential for rain! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Later tomorrow looks totally hideousPosted Image Posted Image  The only hope has been that this will arrive earlier in the afternoon and clear away by dark, but it doesn't look that way.  Early rain this morning was heavy and kept me awake but at least it was the non thundery variety but tomorrow has all the signs of being a horror show and the latest suggestions have upgraded the intensity of it.

Some peaceful, quiet weather to follow it once more and next week looks lovely..but quite a price to pay for it beforehand most unfortunately..

*Uff*

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 2

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Greater London, Kent & Slough

Outbreaks of heavy, thundery, rain will spread from the south during Wednesday evening and Thursday, with the potential for some torrential downpours in places.

The public should aware of the risk of localised flooding.

Issued at:

1101 on Wed 2 Oct 2013

Valid from:

1800 on Wed 2 Oct 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Thu 3 Oct 2013

Heavy and possibly thundery showers will affect some western parts of the UK during Wednesday evening, with a band of persistent and often heavy rain developing across much of Northern Ireland, west and central Scotland overnight and during Thursday. There is the possibility of 15-20 mm of rain falling within an hour in a few places whilst 20-40 mm accumulates fairly widely by the end of Thursday and as much as 80 mm in a few places in Scotland.

Meanwhile other areas of heavy, thundery rain will spread into southern and southwestern parts of England and Wales during Thursday, with 20-25 mm of rain possible within an hour and 40 mm within 3 hours, although many places will receive much less than this.

This warning will be kept under close review and updated as necessary, with the possibility that it may need to be extended into Friday.

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

So much for the gentle autumn sunshine: Flood alert as thunderstorms blow in to deliver a drenching
  • [*]Met Office weather warnings for Northern Ireland tomorrow and South, West, East and Midlands on Thursday [*]Short, sharp hour-long bursts of rain are expected across southern England and Wales on Thursday morning [*]Fears that flooding could be caused in parts of Britain when a third of October's average rain falls in 24 hours

Posted

Some peaceful, quiet weather to follow it once more and next week looks lovely..but quite a price to pay for it beforehand most unfortunately.. *Uff*

I'll willingly suffer some hideous stuff over the next couple of days if the pay off is a decent few days next week - from a totally selfish pov that is !
  • Like 2

Posted

Weather type:
Heavy Rain
Alert risk period:
02/10/2013 until 03/10/2013 23:59
Alert details: 
N.Ireland - 2100 Weds 1800 thurs 
Scotland, west and southwest- 0000 -2100 Thurs 
Southeast England 1500 - 2100 Thurs 
Eastern England 1800 - 2359 Thurs 

N.Ireland will see wet weather from Weds evening onwards, the heaviest rain will be for Co. Down and Co. Antrim. 
Southwest and western Scotland (Glasgow) will have heavy rain overnight into tomorrow, and this will spread north during Thursday. 
Southeast England will see heavy, even thundery rain move up from the Channel on Thursday afternoon, spreading to East Anglia and eastern England during Thursday evening. Cornwall, Wales and Cumbria may also see heavy pulses of rain during Thursday. 

A surface low pressure will be west of Ireland into tomorrow, feeding up moisture form the Atlantic, some warm-ish air from the continent. With an upper trough too, there is going to be some energy in the mix. Heavy and persistent rain, thundery too, will feed up, mostly through the Irish Sea, but there is some uncertainty. So the rain could go slightly further east over Wales and Southwest England, and the West Midlands could have a wetter day. 

At the moment, eastern N.Ireland and western Scotland look to get the worst to start Thursday then a secondary pulse moves over Southeast England for Thursday rush hour. 

Rainfall amounts could reach 50mm (2") and so there could be localised flooding and difficult driving conditions with surface water and spray.
Confidence:
70%
Issued by Jo F for Netweather.tv

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

I'll willingly suffer some hideous stuff over the next couple of days if the pay off is a decent few days next week - from a totally selfish pov that is !

Hideous is a great way to describe how wet socks feel like in heavy work boots, due to a good soaking on bike at 06:30 this morning.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

After the cloudy start, the dry continental air is starting to push back, the sun has returned here

Edited by Captain shortwave