Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/10/13 15z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A shiny new thread for you all Posted Image

eyes down for the radar......which shows that El Damp Squibo is coming......hang on, it's already arrived, and gone Posted Image

(Old thread here -----------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77701-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-280813-00z/page-38)

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's now 20C with some flecks of sunshine here and there!

I have to say, (taking parts of Devon, Cornwall, Wales etc  out of the equation) it was a bit of a cock-up. I say that because south today weather really hyped it up, 20mm here, 20mm there, and the duration of it as well .. it lasted less than an hour here, it wasn't torrential either, moderate at most. I didn't expect the worst of it by any means but i certainly expected more going by the forecasts, they have more model data at hand than us peons do as well. Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Quite agree Mapantz.  It was much the same in the NW of the county, getting on for two hours, but very little of that was heavy.  Odd glimpses of brightness now and 19C.

Posted

There is set to be another pulse of torrential rain late evening/tonight so whether that will even things up by affecting Dorset through Wiltshire remains to be seen!

I probably have at some stage, but I can't recall such steamy conditions in October previously. Sunshine over the wet ground right now and the feel is tropical.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There is set to be another pulse of torrential rain late evening/tonight so whether that will even things up by affecting Dorset through Wiltshire remains to be seen!

I won't hold my breath on that one Andy! :lol:

On the other hand, things do happen here when it's not expected - when it's forecasted, it never happens. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Approx rainfall totals up until this afternoon;

post-12721-0-57938700-1380816820_thumb.j

Can clearly see where the bulk of the rainfall was and went. Central parts of the region seeing very little.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

what scales's that in ?......nanometers?.....lol.......we  had zilch!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

what scales's that in ?......nanometers?.....lol.......we had zilch!

Notice that spec of blue in Wiltshire, representive of total amounts inbetween 0.01mm & 1mm, that's Lyneham! :)

Guest William Grimsley

There is more heavy rain moving from SW to NE over N Bay of Biscay. This is likely to move into many parts of SW England later this evening and tonight. This rain is likely to be heavy and torrential at times with thunder in places.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

It's now 20C with some flecks of sunshine here and there!

I have to say, (taking parts of Devon, Cornwall, Wales etc  out of the equation) it was a bit of a cock-up. I say that because south today weather really hyped it up, 20mm here, 20mm there, and the duration of it as well .. it lasted less than an hour here, it wasn't torrential either, moderate at most. I didn't expect the worst of it by any means but i certainly expected more going by the forecasts, they have more model data at hand than us peons do as well. Posted Image

Same here, yet again we sat right in the middle of two somewhat heavier rainfall areas.

We had a paltry 3.6mm here in Poole, and not currently holding my breath for the possibility of some decent rainfall tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Posted Image was something supposed to happen today? ...been working at home, thought i think it went a little dark .but just ignored it and kept working head into computer and then just raised my head up and looked outside now and well the patio is dry and the sun is shining...did I miss something..if there was a something? ..... seems like it has been a pleasant day by accounts of now?Posted Image

Posted

should have had the luck of the irish today...or not as the case maybe..although I suspect some maybe pleased they misssed this weather coming through....:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24390743

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Just like my firework projector I got today for my birthday:

Posted Image

They should make a thunderstorm one and insist that every storm fan in the UK should have one!Posted Image

Posted

Certainly was not expecting clear blue sky from late afternoon through until sunset! You just know that had this been May-August the hot evening sun would help overnight developments! At present the worst rain is on course for the same SW areas affected earlier in the day as well as a possible 'Kent Clipper'!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Heavy downpours setting in again here for tonight. Small thunder risk but looks like CS/SE England at greatest risk for anything now. Was a joyous occasion to see a few chinks of blue sky here earlier. No real sunshine but much brighter this afternoon. The first proper brightness since last Friday afternoon!!!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Heavy downpours setting in again here for tonight. Small thunder risk but looks like CS/SE England at greatest risk for anything now. Was a joyous occasion to see a few chinks of blue sky here earlier. No real sunshine but much brighter this afternoon. The first proper brightness since last Friday afternoon!!!

CS England looks like getting nout looking at the radar!! Yet again west and east of us get the good stuff, this better note a theme for winter!!!! Grhhh
  • Like 1

Posted

CS England looks like getting nout looking at the radar!! Yet again west and east of us get the good stuff, this better note a theme for winter!!!! Grhhh

yep, dry as a bone here, as indeed it has been for pretty much all of the day....very disappointed to say the least!

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It has been mild, wet with 1 thunderstorm and 1 torrential downpour and it has been windy today, here. High Temperature Today: 17.8°C 16:34 High Rainfall Rate Today: 56.0 mm/hr 21:13 High Hourly Rainfall Today: 10.0 mm 13:27 Rainfall Today: 21.4 mm High Wind Gust Today: 28 mph 09:08 High Wind Speed Today: 16 mph 09:37.

Posted

Radar pepping up a bit off the coast (IMBY) from nowhere

Posted

Lashing it down!

Posted

Hmm dry and humid here.. Have any of you checked your temp and humidity readings.... Think mine was something like near or just over 20 degrees.. Both of them.. I wondered why I had condensation on the outside (not inside) of my windows... And it wasn't rain! Couldn't work it out for a second. ... And no the heating hasn't been on.

Onto the storms.. Had friends on Facebook reporting cracking noisy thunderstorms out south west....... Hmmm... Not fair.

Posted

Just chucked it down here but no thunder. Had a corking wee storm this morning around 10.30 though. Was in a different office so got a really good view, bit distracting from my work *oops*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

should have had the luck of the irish today...or not as the case maybe..although I suspect some maybe pleased they misssed this weather coming through....Posted Image

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24390743

Well spotted PB, Thanks. Posted Image

• Like 1