Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/10/13 15z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

T'is a lovely place to call home there khodds. We were camping in North Wootton, a couple of weeks ago. Cracking walk into Wells on the Saturday.  Nope, raining. Just as I've finished work and about to step out of the door. Damp walk it is then.

I come from North Wootton, it is lovely! What's the campsite like? I've driven past, obviously and it's got good write ups.
  • Like 1

Posted

I see the MOD thread is slowly descending into it's usual winter mode! :);)

Correction AWD.The MAD discussion thread. The asylum doors have been breached and the first few escapees have found their way to their Autumn/winter 'home'.Let's get rrrready to rumble!!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Nice drive to Inverness tomorrow, straight over the Cairngorms A9 route, should be interesting!

Guest William Grimsley

Apart from some drizzle in the morning and drizzle in the evening, it was mild with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 07:44 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.4 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 18.9°C 12:50 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 2 mph 00:50 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 0 mph 00:00.

Posted

I come from North Wootton, it is lovely! What's the campsite like? I've driven past, obviously and it's got good write ups.

It was great. The pitches were large and firepits are allowed.

There weren't many staying, so our group of 4 were well away from our nearest neighbours. I'm not sure what the queue for the showers and washing up station would be like in peak season, but it was all clean and tidy.

Do you know what the wooden dragon is all about? It's on a hill overlooking Wells, just north of Launcherley Farm.

Anyhow, back on topic...

It's clouded over here now, but it was nice earlier down by the river.

post-7340-0-68334400-1381307706_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

A video of the storm on 4th of October during the night filmed looking to the southwest.

NOTE: The sound quality is very poor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoJGFmmXWaQ

Sorry it was posted so late.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Hi Alex,

Personally i think it will be average (which is quite cold in comparrison the the run of mild winters in 90`s and early 2000`s) of just below with some decent snowfalls.

The cold (deep cold to for time of year)seems to have built in bulk on the forecast charts for just above the uk and right across to nordic regions. Bodes well IMHO.

Sea temps chilly. Sunspot activity exceptionally low considering we should of been entering and active period.

AIMHO course so big pinch salt needed.

Be interesting to see any polar vortex splitting this year creating potential blocking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

It was great. The pitches were large and firepits are allowed.

There weren't many staying, so our group of 4 were well away from our nearest neighbours. I'm not sure what the queue for the showers and washing up station would be like in peak season, but it was all clean and tidy.

Do you know what the wooden dragon is all about? It's on a hill overlooking Wells, just north of Launcherley Farm.

Anyhow, back on topic...

It's clouded over here now, but it was nice earlier down by the river.

Posted ImageIMGP0019_sm.jpg

Wooden dragon or Wessex Wyvern...???

Posted

Mainly cloudy ..14.1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Noticeably cooler than of recent today at 13.8c

Nothing all too unusual for early October but with the windchill and recent early Autumn warmth, it does accentuate the feel.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A high of 17C in the sunshine earlier today, that ended a 7 day stretch of temps hitting 19C or above.  It's clouded over now and the temp is 15C - No windchill to speak of though. 

Posted

Wooden dragon or Wessex Wyvern...???

Sorry, showing my ignorance. I should have taken a snap really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A video of the storm on 4th of October during the night filmed looking to the southwest.

Nice one Ben, I'm wondering whether you've got some tornados on there, possibly two (?). Take a look and slow the video down at between 2:37 and 2:38. What I'm looking at is on the right hand third of the video behind some trees.

Of note, I vaguely recall something tornadic was reported around that date, not sure if it was in your patch though.

Anybody else seeing what I'm seeing. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Reference my quote above, I did remember something, a potential tornado witnessed and photographed on this post from Offerman in the early hours of the 4th October.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78026-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-031013-15z/?p=2800473

And this.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78026-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-031013-15z/?p=2800763

If truth be told, we will never know, but along with Offerman's photos and reports from others, something must have hit that area.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

A little chilly outside this evening.

6.6c

Posted

Nice one Ben, I'm wondering whether you've got some tornados on there, possibly two (?). Take a look and slow the video down at between 2:37 and 2:38. What I'm looking at is on the right hand third of the video behind some trees.

Of note, I vaguely recall something tornadic was reported around that date, not sure if it was in your patch though.

Anybody else seeing what I'm seeing. Posted Image

Branches on a tree i think

post-9379-0-30394400-1381358301_thumb.jp

Edited by lfcdude
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

Overnight low temp 6.1C which is also the current temp and falling, pressure 1018.8mb

Edited by sunsetter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I think only Ben can answer that and send a photo of the tree in the daytime.. It will be a funny looking tree if one of those three lines was a branch... My bet is on a small scale tornado though. The ingredients and reports are all there. Onto this morn.. Certainly cooler ... But am trying to hold out on the heating. My new house is definitely warmer than the old place and am so keen to keep more of my money out from inflating utility companies profits... It must be done ! :) Branches on a tree i think

By the way.. What has happened when you reply to a post.. It mixes it all up! GTLTW had the same issue I see..

Guest William Grimsley

After dew melt at 04:31, it was cool and dry with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 04:31 High Temperature Yesterday: 15.5°C 13:38 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 11 mph 14:29 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 3 mph 10:39.

Posted

Reference my quote above, I did remember something, a potential tornado witnessed and photographed on this post from Offerman in the early hours of the 4th October.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78026-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-031013-15z/?p=2800473

And this.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78026-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-031013-15z/?p=2800763

If truth be told, we will never know, but along with Offerman's photos and reports from others, something must have hit that area.

Certainly something went off in this area last Thursday night. My parents drove home from Bristol Airport at around the time of the storm and there was a lot of debris around the outskirts of the Frome area.

Talking of last Thursday, this time last week the feel was tropical and humidity in the high 90s ; what a contrast today! Quite an odd thing to have early afternoon temperatures in bright sunshine lower than the majority of the minimums in recent months. Sometimes changes occur gradually, this change has been rapid!

Glorious day though, far better than what may occur if the LOW to the E/SE and fronts affect us over the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Branches on a tree i think

Thats actually the cables to our sky dish outside my bedroom window!

I am really annoyed that I am not able to find a way to post a good high

quality audio recording I did using my blue yeti microphone as you can here all

of the rumbles on that. It beats the hell out of the rubbish audio on my

camera!

Posted

A dry blustery day with some long sunny periods.

Max temp 11.8C currently 10.5C and falling

wind 4.1mph NE

max gust 16.5mph N

pressure 1021,0mb rising slowly

Posted

Breezy all day..9.7c. cloudy with a few gaps.

Posted

Observations at 8.30 pm

Max temp yesterday 15.8°CMin temp overnight 6.1°CCurrent temp 7.9CTemp trend -1.0°C/hrCurrent pressure 1021.4mbPressure trend +0.1mb/hrRH 73%Dew point  3.4°CRain today nilWind 1.5mph NWind gust today 16.5mph NCloud base 1859ftVisibility  n/aOutlook settled fine