Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 11/10/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bright sunny morning after rain in the earlier hours. In contrast to many places further east of here, only 5.8mm yesterday. 

Edited by Miguel Hugo Roberto

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Mostly sunny here today. Much better than I was expecting (dry but cloudy)

Have a good day all, before tomorrow is washed out.

• Like 1

Posted

Worst winter for decades: Record-breaking snow predicted for November

Express 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436170/Worst-winter-for-decades-Record-breaking-snow-predicted-for-November

Thats put the mockers on any cold then Posted Image

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all. Posted Image

Mostly sunny here today. Much better than I was expecting (dry but cloudy)

Have a good day all, before tomorrow is washed out.

Morning Steve,

Watery sunshine here now, didn't expect to see any blue sky today so quite a bonus Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Express 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436170/Worst-winter-for-decades-Record-breaking-snow-predicted-for-November

Posted Image  Don't you just love the Express....any excuse for a RAMP though ...

post-10773-0-23890800-1381574767_thumb.j

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Express 

and wasnt it this paper that said record breaking rains/floods for the hot lovely sunshine summer that we just had??

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

East Sussex, Greater London, Kent & Medway

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Essex, Norfolk, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Outbreaks of rain are expected to affect southeast England and East Anglia during Sunday, heavy in places. The public should be aware of the potential for localised flooding.

Issued at:

1117 on Sat 12 Oct 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Sun 13 Oct 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Sun 13 Oct 2013

An area of low pressure is expected to develop across the southern North Sea on Sunday, bringing a band of rainfall southwestwards across southeast England and East Anglia. 20mm may fall quite widely, but embedded within this there is the potential for some localised heavier bursts which could produce 40-50mm. There is a high degree of uncertainty over the depth and track of the low, and hence also on the locations most likely to be affected by the larger rainfall totals, so the public are advised to remain in touch with the forecasts.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=AA9E5EF8-3A60-A859-6706-ABFF5EC5C1E1_1_EE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1381618800

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

and wasnt it this paper that said record breaking rains/floods for the hot lovely sunshine summer that we just had??

did they say summer 2011 was going to be a BBQ one? Posted Image

Posted

afternoon all

not so bad now after the rain early this morning,sunny spells,broken cloud and mildish,that will do mePosted Image

Posted

Rain appears to have stopped (only just noticed so it may have stopped a while ago), sorting out washing and cleaning as I am staying snug indoors today (do need to venture out but only as far as the recycling bin in the garden:D )

wish i was staying in today agreed to a double shift ,i must be a mugPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

East Sussex, Greater London, Kent & Medway

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Essex, Norfolk, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Outbreaks of rain are expected to affect southeast England and East Anglia during Sunday, heavy in places. The public should be aware of the potential for localised flooding.

Issued at:

1117 on Sat 12 Oct 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Sun 13 Oct 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Sun 13 Oct 2013

An area of low pressure is expected to develop across the southern North Sea on Sunday, bringing a band of rainfall southwestwards across southeast England and East Anglia. 20mm may fall quite widely, but embedded within this there is the potential for some localised heavier bursts which could produce 40-50mm. There is a high degree of uncertainty over the depth and track of the low, and hence also on the locations most likely to be affected by the larger rainfall totals, so the public are advised to remain in touch with the forecasts.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=AA9E5EF8-3A60-A859-6706-ABFF5EC5C1E1_1_EE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1381618800

looking  at  the  latest  radar  its  going to get very  wet  looking whats  in  the  north sea heading  our  way  for  later!!

Posted Image  Don't you just love the Express....any excuse for a RAMP though ...

Posted Imageimages.jpg

Posted Image

Amazing how every year they have a similar story with quotes from the same people. I wouldn't be suprised if very  soon they will have an offer for heated winter gloves or ice scrapers once you save the tokens from 52 editions and pay P&P, although with a special discount for the TOD membersPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Glad it's been dry this morning, hubby replaced the pane of glass I broke whilst trying to put up a curtain pole by myself.

Something he has now told me in no uncertain terms asked me nicely not to do again with out him. 

Garlic planted, and last of the autumn raspberries picked. Shed tidy up next.

• Like 1

Posted

Glad it's been dry this morning, hubby replaced the pane of glass I broke whilst trying to put up a curtain pole by myself.

Something he has now told me in no uncertain terms asked me nicely not to do again with out him. 

Perhaps he was really concerned that you might have cut yourself.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Express 

Who writes these articles! There was an equally ridiculous article in one of them about gales and snow this weekend! One wonders where they get their information from.

Posted

Who writes these articles! There was an equally ridiculous article in one of them about gales and snow this weekend! One wonders where they get their information from.

I don't think they care. They know that headlines sell papers. The people who make the forecasts are probably in for a decent wedge for making them. There's never any comeback either and it just goes on.

Pretty cynical really, but maybe people who buy the papers, because of these headlines, deserve it?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms! High Winds! Tornadoes! Hurricane!

Express

What a absolute joke! Talk about scaremongering!! Edited by Greig Chandler

Posted

Absolutely spot on there Steve. 

I don't think they care. They know that headlines sell papers. The people who make the forecasts are probably in for a decent wedge for making them. There's never any comeback either and it just goes on.

Pretty cynical really, but maybe people who buy the papers, because of these headlines, deserve it?

In the original article Jonathon Powell of Vantage Weather services is mentioned.  This is what Vantage ACTUALLY say on their website for November

Autumn 2013: Largely typical autumn, but risk of extremes.

November 2013

November looks to see more evenly balanced weather across the country, with a lessening degree of rainfall nationwide.  Apart perhaps from the far north west, most areas should see a mix of dry, bright, and sunny weather, with a decreased amount of wet and windy conditions.  Temperatures late month may well induce some early snow across the hills of Scotland and to the north of England.  Towards the middle and latter part of the month under clear skies, frost activity can be expected, leading to chilly, bright, and crisp autumnal days.  On balance, rainfall is expected to come in below the average for the majority of areas, with temperatures reflecting the norm.

No RECORD Breaking cold there

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Express

Newspapers should be banned if any of thier storys do not materialise.

They just simply sensationalise any old crap to play on people's FEARS!

Anyway, severe rain across all parts soon, STAY INDOORS, GETTING WET CAUSES ERR WETNESS

AARRGGGG! :-)

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very heavy rain here, puddles are massive, small roadside streams are flowing fast! Proves there has been loads of rain already! 

Carries on at this rate, the nene will soon be getting very swollen.