Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ash disease.

Snowyowl9

Posted

Has anyone seen any ash dieback.

I heard it was in the SE.

No sign of anything where I`ve been travelling.

Hope the ash are immune,and it doesn`t turn out to be like the dutch elm disease. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Has anyone seen any ash dieback.

I heard it was in the SE.

No sign of anything where I`ve been travelling.

Hope the ash are immune,and it doesn`t turn out to be like the dutch elm disease. 

Current map for this

Posted Image

Posted

European experience suggests about 40% show resistance so there is hope, a lot will die though.It is already completely out of control IMO - because in a rush to subscribe to green showboat policies there have been schemes to plant trees to offset flying and other CO2 emitting activities.They have planted tens of thousands of saplings all over the country - which got infected by being were grown on in Europe.The sudden increase in demand could not be met by UK nurseries.

Edited by 4wd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

To Snowyowl9.

Yes, unfortunately I've seen evidence of it quite a lot in the last few weeks, near where I live. It would tie in with Jax's map.

4wd, if we didn't have green policies or even green thoughts, I doubt we'd have many ash trees or any other types of trees in the UK. Our thoughts would likely be that land should only be for food or housing. I find it strange that you're blaming the planting of saplings from Europe. Just look at Jax's map again. It seems almost certain that the infection is being caused by windblown spores, from the continent. Maybe we should be hoping for a few years of constant westerly winds? Posted Image

Posted

It looks like a random scatter over most of the country including Northern Ireland.
Is there a better way to spread it widely than planting saplings brought in from an infected area?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20366322

The Department of Agriculture believes it has traced the source of an outbreak of a disease which kills ash trees to an exporter of saplings on mainland Europe.

Posted

if we didn't have green policies or even green thoughts, I doubt we'd have many ash trees or any other types of trees in the UK.

That's just ridiculous.