Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 22nd October onwards 2013

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nice display of lightning with high sounding thunder as this was approaching - now very heavy rain and squally winds with occasional flashes to the west.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Radar loop exhibiting bowing line segment moving NE from the IOW up to Reading area, wouldn't be surprised to see some severe weather develop from this line.

The radar this evening looks remarkably like a summer plume storm outbreak, not bad for late October! more strong convection brewing further SW just off Brest Peninsula linked into another trough moving NE for later.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Another batch of shower cells approaching the SW peninsula.These could affect areas further west than recent storms have tracked.

I hope so! Although i will probably be in bed by time it arrives - can't afford to be tired tomorrow :(That's if it produces anything electrical in the first place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Looking good for MK..and surrounding. Storms holding firm!

........there is certainly some energy up there tonight! A great storm, very squally, lightening every 10 seconds at its peak and a lot of rain in a short time. Made the mrs turn off Bake-off, open the curtains and turn all the lights off so we could see the best of it! One day i'll grow up......................not! Posted Image

........ps    strange to start a new thread mid storm! lol

Edited by stratty
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

One overhead flash and instant loud bang but rain has died down now. I seem to have been unfortunate to be in the southwest when it's been their turn, and now the southeast while it's theirs. Looks like more to come for both areas. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

A new thread here for the rest of Autumn. Autumn has been  very good for storms this year! although sadly not everybody has had one yet. Posted Image One rumble of thunder and one flash of lightning so far this year for me which I'm most grateful for . I am certainly not giving up any hope just yet as we all know storms can happen anytime of the year.  Posted Image Anyway good luck again all  and don't forget to post up any pics and videos you have.Posted Image

Jane Louise hows it looking for you getting storms

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Driving from Tunbridge wells in kent to Crawley West Sussex on way home from work on country lanes. Stars out above me and some beutiful flashes of light lighting up the tops of the tall clouds in distance. A beautiful sequence if flashes just happened from South to north in sequence. Can see very frequent flashes all across sky to west. Btw I have stopped driving while grabbing coffee to post this

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like its loosing its spark.. aint seen a flash now for 6/7mins.. thinning out on radar as well, may pep up again if theres any heat left from london city when it crosses

Posted

Best thunderstorm I've witnessed in years, after at least an hour there's still bright blue flashes and deep booms. Watched it come in off the channel gradually picking up in intensity and pretty much got a direct hit. As soon as it got close enough to see actually CG strikes my Film camera jammed, need to save up for a digital one I think! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Can see the anvil clouds lighting up from here - quite spectacular even from this distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

........there is certainly some energy up there tonight! A great storm, very squally, lightening every 10 seconds at its peak and a lot of rain in a short time. Made the mrs turn off Bake-off, open the curtains and turn all the lights off so we could see the best of it! One day i'll grow up......................not! Posted Image

........ps    strange to start a new thread mid storm! lol

Tis never been strange. A new thread should always be started after 15 pages but I let it go on. 

• Like 1

Posted

Nowt here Paul just drizzle lol

How DARE you!!!!!! What else did you expect???? You'll accept that drizzle and LIKE IT Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Oh god I'm sorry I had to start a new thread mid storm. But whats the big deal eh! this is how it's always been LolPosted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Seeing spreading lightning in Worthing, storm is North and West of me, I think the storm going to miss and head north as usual, but at least some lightning is better than none at all. 

Posted

It's probably still sunny in Wrexham Posted Image

Even the rain has stopped...fair play to those getting an hours worth or so of lightning and thunder. Pics/vids thread should hopefully get busy.

Well the Moon is out....bone dry for the time being at least, which is a novelty given the weather of the past few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Oh god I'm sorry I had to start a new thread mid storm. But whats the big deal eh! this is how it's always been LolPosted Image

Blimey Jane, why on earth have you started a new thread mid-event....How in god's name are we supposed to deal with it?....I mean, it's the thin end of the wedge, the end of civilization as we know it!! Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Blimey Jane, why on earth have you started a new thread mid-event....How in god's name are we supposed to deal with it?....I mean, it's the thin end of the wedge, the end of civilization as we know it!! Posted ImagePosted Image

Lol, it's the end of the world is it not aj? Posted Image

Posted

I can see the headline now.......Threadgate.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

The lightning in the distance to the southeast has died down dramaticly now and there is only the occassional faint flash.

It was very pretty to look at though, I couldn't here any thunder as it was all too far away but the lightning had an orange colour and you could see it in the clouds.

Is there a chance of more lightning later like this or is that it?