Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 22nd October onwards 2013

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

New severe forecast on UKASF......

http://ukasf.co.uk/storm-forecasts/289

No discussion or synopsis yet though. The previous forecast was pretty accurate tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Take a quick peek towards the Channel isles Posted Image sounds brill though, strobe lightning is a thing of beauty. Took a long while coming Posted Image

I agree, it was just incredible to watch, ill try and get footage on here :)

Wish I was down there! June 7th saw a cracker when I was there luckily! Heard there was flash flooding in Fareham area.

Ahhh yeah I remember those, storms, we got lucky with them too ! Tbh we have been kinda spoilt this year where I live, I have no right to complain about anything this year haha, with snow and storms

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Flash of lightning to our south and thunder heard some time later!

• Like 1

Posted

Just outside of the "Slight" risk area on UKASF, not holding my hopes up for anything tonight, however after Sundays out of the blue storm here, i really should be more optimistic! 

Posted

Flash of lightning to our south and thunder heard some time later!

Now showing on blitzortung. Also a number of bright echoes around that area on radar.

Edited by poseidon
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Ahhh yeah I remember those, storms, we got lucky with them too ! Tbh we have been kinda spoilt this year where I live, I have no right to complain about anything this year haha, with snow and storms

They were pretty intense, and the thunder produced by them was some of the loudest I've heard I think. 

And yeah, back in Peterborough on the night of July 23rd, we had a beast that lasted around 6-7 hours!! It just kept backbuilding and moving nowhere.

2013 has overall been a big improvement for me compared to 2012, where I frustratingly just missed out on the infamous Midlands supercells that gave tennis ball sized hail. 

Ill be in the Portsmouth area at times throughout next year too, so Portsdown hill will be a place I will definitely visit, as well as IOW probably too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hmm no storms for the SW tonight, all went to CS and SE areas instead it seems. Hopefully something in the night. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Me neither. Seems to have hit only a thin slice of the middle of S England.

• Like 1

Posted

I was out running earlier 8pm ish and saw quite a bit of lightning in the distance (this is from Chelmsford - Essex)

no thunder heard though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

why is most of the map missing on raintoday radar??? anyone else got this problem?

I keep getting this problem with all the radars on Internet Explorer. Netweather radar, Raintoday, and Metoffice all affected. I zoom in and half the map shows the location I've zoomed in to and the other half shows a blank outline of the Netherlands coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I keep getting this problem with all the radars on Internet Explorer. Netweather radar, Raintoday, and Metoffice all affected. I zoom in and half the map shows the location I've zoomed in to and the other half shows a blank outline of the Netherlands coast.

The met office one was a pain in the no I don't have a problem at all apart from alcoholism all the way through the cricket season.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Another cell just exploding near Southampton moving NNE? Plus all that lot moving up within the next 2 hours. Getting spoilt tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Well for those in C/S counties who were hit by storms earlier this may be of interest to you posted by Ian F on twitter 10 mins ago, highlighting the fact it is very much a now-casting situation.

E'rn flank of the trough to SW is expected to develop squall line characteristics and move N to landfall roughly Dorset-Hants (like earlier)

It's this area on E flank being watched closely at UKMO: already signs of organisation: pic.twitter.com/NsavBCF8RH

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Don't suppose there's any chance of anything remotely thundery anywhere above.. hmm.. the south coast? :( Hope many more people are satisfied with thunderstorms overnight though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Just got back, its lovely to see so many people enjoying some of the thunderstorms this evening. For here there hasnt been much,just hoping something kicks off with that line of showers to the SW as it moves NE. Looking at the NAE it seems to intensify over land but we shall see!

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain here now from the thunderstorm leftovers. Not even a spark though unfortunately.

Correction - make that very heavy!

Edited by poseidon

Posted

Great to see storms for some southern areas this evening, nothing here apart from some lively showers earlier, friend from IOW said lots of lightning torrential rain.

Posted

Just got back, its lovely to see so many people enjoying some of the thunderstorms this evening. For here there hasnt been much,just hoping something kicks off with that line of showers to the SW as it moves NE. Looking at the NAE it seems to intensify over land but we shall see!

Ignore NAE. Amalgamation of models being employed operationally tonight as none singularly correct. Pure nowcasting situation plus we're employing elements of UKV re convective winds "issue".
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

fergie do you think cumbria will get anything tonight?