Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Monday's storm - into Europe.

Coast

Posted

Blue sky and sunshine here now, after a rather windy night but nothing incredible really. But then last year I was in Mexico for a proper storm so everything since then seems very ordinary

Posted

Was crazy here. Never seen anything like it. The weird thing is that the worst of the damage in my garden seems to have been caused by winds blowing from an easterly direction- the heaviest things, like the 87kg bbq (r.i.p), were tossed due west! I also can't get over the big changes in pressure as the strongest winds hit. I was too busy freaking out slightly to look at my barometer for the couple of minutes the winds were their most ridiculous, but straight after the pressure was about 977 and then had risen to 982 within 15 mins or so. If only my anemometer hadn't been blown away I imagine I would have got some amazing gust readings! 2 trees down on my road.

Edit: I think my barometer reads high.

Edited by Milli Bar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

The chief meteorologist at the Met Office, Paul Davies, says: "The storm we are experiencing at the moment is unusual because we haven't had a storm like this for the last five years. But it's not exceptional."

Summed up perfectly I feel.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Wow just had a stupidly huge squall pass over here, monumental rain, hail and gusty winds. No thunder though surprisingly.

Posted

Look at this for a TAF...De Kooy, Netherlands, 40 gust 55 kt, with a chance of 50 gust 80 kt!

EHKD 280550Z 2806/2818 20028G38KT 9999 SCT020 BKN030

BECMG 2807/2809 22040G55KT

PROB40

TEMPO 2809/2811 22050G80KT FEW012 FEW018CB

BECMG 2812/2814 23030G45KT

BECMG 2814/2816 25025G40KT

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The sun's shining here and slight wind? Yet news would have me believe it's not over? Confused . com

Manchester isn't in the firing line unless it's shifted a long way south or you've moved.

Posted

Certainly a southern event to say the least. Spoken to one of the lads in London this morning E15 and said there is trees down nearly every street near him across the roads, so I can only imagine the havoc for traffic this morning down there !

Oop Norf, we have nothing but a light breeze you would exepct in Summer, albeit it's quite wet.

All eye's for this weekends storm !

P.S - Spare a thought for the poor boy and his family who has been presumed drowned last night :-(

• Like 1

Posted

DrIven into Southampton from Farnham in record time today - no problems at all and if I hadnt seen any prior media reporting and metoffice warnings would have classified this as just a minor autumnal storm

• Like 1

Posted

I'm pretty confused by it all, I'm now showing an increase in pressure so I'm presuming its now passed??

It Is over now look the Center is now in the north Sea and speeding away. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations. Press stating worst around 8-10am don't know what there talking about. will calm down rapidly in next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, to a point .....

I'm just sitting on Le shuttle, waiting to drive to Holland, will it still be stormy through France etc?? Going to center parcs, thanks for any info, I'll check back once at Calais ....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Warning page needs updating still showing too large an area effected. Speed of updating isn't the strongest point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Warning page needs updating still showing too large an area effected. Speed of updating isn't the strongest point.

The text has been  updated, 

Posted

Power cut here (Stevenage) since 6am :(

Worst if it seems to have passed already just moderate gusts now and the sun is out. Hope they can get the power back on before tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

radio still says something is coming by the west midlands, pretty much after every song.. tho about all lve seen fly past my window is a few crisp packets and plastic bags.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Well I have to say , for my area , and any where west of Oxford , it's been a complete non event. 50mph gusts just doesn't do it , considering the hype by the met , and the bbc , and on hear , as usual there was last minute downgrades .

Edited by Severe Siberian icy blast
  • Like 1