Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Spoke too soon! Just seen the forcast on the beeb and whilst it is cold at the moment, temperatures are going to rise during the night as the cloud moves in.

Oh well, it was cold and dry for a few hours at least! Keeping fingers crossed that at some point we will have some cold and clear autumn weather to look forward to.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hmmmmmm, Think winter needs to turn up pretty soon to get the thread on its annual high. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Temperature 4 degrees, dew point 2. Could just about see our breath on the air walking the dog tonight with some very decent piles of leaves over the pavements, felt nice and autumnal. The sun in the west at 4 this afternoon was at the exact point on the horizon where the car windscreen became a blanket of gold and visibility became almost zero - saw 2 near misses between Stockley Park and the M25 in westward traffic as brakes went on in response to the sudden blindness. Still, at least this is the downside of the fact it's been a lovely autumn day today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

5c now, but feels like 2c. DP 3c. Perfectly clear skies. I've had a good hour doing some star gazing.

Off to get a nice warm drink, then off to bed.

Goodnight guys 😊

Posted

hi all

late one as computer being a£$%^

tonight

rain moving in but will be around 5-6am

some places will see a frost but you have to be up very early to see it

------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a chilly north westerly flow and fairly gusty

temps

Posted Image

around 12-14 degrees

rainfall

Posted Image

moving in around 5am

clearing around 5pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

Posted Image

dry and chilly

north westerly flow

frost poss again in the odd hollow

around 4-5 degrees average

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

12-14 degrees south of the river

10-12 degrees north of the river

rain

Posted Image

starts early and continues all day

and overnight

Posted Image

Posted Image

chilly but no frost

-----------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

chilly again  around 10 degrees

rain

Posted Image

and on it goes although would be light and patchy

more soon

john

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

post-11407-0-31389100-1383606118_thumb.j

I'm hoping this image is viewable as it's the first one I've ever posted. This should show the current snow cover for the Northern Hemisphere with the previously mentioned two tiny dots of hope for Scotland.

Anyone know how current snow cover compares with last year?post-11407-0-31389100-1383606118_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Apologies as I think the snow map is in the wrong thread.

Posted

friday

Posted Image

a weak north westerly

some very heavy rain showing again

temps around 10 degrees

------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a strong south westerly wind

again more heavy slow moving rain

temps around 11-13 degrees

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

looks dry

a breezy north west flow

warmer 13-15 degrees

so a bit of everything above

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

As much as I would like snow right now, the law of averages is currently against us!Its pretty cold tonight, I took my dogs out (They are jack russell/italian greyhound mix) for a walk around the munden earlier and It was freezing for me I cant imagine what it was like for them with there thin coats!

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning all.

I landed a full laden Boeing 747 into a dark Schiphol Airport yesterday evening in the middle of a blizzard and still managed get up to the gate without sliding off the taxiway or hitting any support vehicles.

Fortunately for all concerned, I was in a sophisticated flight simulator manufactured by one of my clients who supply big Commercial and Military installations and it was their open day. Pictures aren't great as I was still recovering from the very realistic experience in a 225° display dome, but this is my first 'snow' of the season taken from the cockpit along a taxiway leading to the terminal:

post-6667-0-63239700-1383638803_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-91185900-1383638860_thumb.jp

Back to reality and it's dark and rainy again here in Sussex with an additional 8.2mm of rain again overnight to add to the already sodden ground. Interesting thoughts from the Met O on their 5 day forecast for the last couple of days; a chance of an isolated thunderstorm over Billingshurst on Friday??

post-6667-0-32993000-1383637065_thumb.jp

Nothing showing on GFS so one to keep in mind as the week plays out.
  • Like 9

Guest bjaykent

Morning all, dull and dreary this morning, trying to fill the weather void between autumn and 'proper' winter as there is not much excitement on the horizon at the moment. Further to Mesocale post the other day about how sea rise with affect us, I found another interesting site that allows you to adjust the rise in sea level and also zoom in on your particular area to see the effect. 60m rise certainly makes a pretty pattern of islands in the south-east.  Posted Image

http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/netherlands.shtml

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, dull and dreary this morning, trying to fill the weather void between autumn and 'proper' winter as there is not much excitement on the horizon at the moment. Further to Mesocale post the other day about how sea rise with affect us, I found another interesting site that allows you to adjust the rise in sea level and also zoom in on your particular area to see the effect. 60m rise certainly makes a pretty pattern of islands in the south-east.  Posted Image

http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/netherlands.shtml

That's fun, can trace how it would affect us at impossibly high melting rates.

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning folks. I was woken by the sound of heavy rain falling around 3.00am this morning, but just an hour before that the temperature had fallen to 2.3c at nearby Northolt. This morning is one those awful grey and gloomy 'driech' days. Waiting for a visit from my councils Social Service Dept for an assessment today. It's been a 17 month wait since they first wrote to me in July 2012 advising they will be making an appointment 'as soon as possible but they were experiencing a backlog'. No kidding Posted Image

Just started raining again here. Have a good day all.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Waiting for a visit from my councils Social Service Dept for an assessment today. It's been a 17 month wait since they first wrote to me in July 2012 advising they will be making an appointment 'as soon as possible but they were experiencing a backlog'. No kidding Posted Image

Morning Martin.

Good luck with the assessment today, I hope it turns out better than the weather.

• Like 1

Guest bjaykent

That's fun, can trace how it would affect us at impossibly high melting rates.

it is a bit of fun although 3m rise would put the Thames Estuary at my doorstep,but I won't lose any sleep over it, always fancied a house by the sea!Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Grey and greyer! 10c with rain... Wx station has an alert for wind this afternoon?

It's Team mum's birthday today so we are going to have a nice boozy lunch and some fireworks later. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Rather damp and dreary here today...milder than it was last night though, if the cloud hadn't moved in overnight  I'm sure we would have had our first frost this morning !

I think I'm going to have a morning of on line Chrimbo shopping and hope it's a bit brighter and dryer when I have to go out into the real world to do some shopping later this afternoon....happy Tuesday folks Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Grey and greyer! 10c with rain... Wx station has an alert for wind this afternoon?

It's Team mum's birthday today so we are going to have a nice boozy lunch and some fireworks later. Posted Image

I hope the wind won't affect the detonation of the  'Atomic Warlord' and your Mum has a blast for her birthday Jo Posted Image

Remember, remember, the fifth of November...here are some Bonfire night facts from the Met O...

post-10773-0-95752600-1383644897_thumb.j

post-10773-0-47091500-1383644906_thumb.j

post-10773-0-00812900-1383644921_thumb.j

post-10773-0-49787600-1383644936_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted

As much as I would like snow right now, the law of averages is currently against us!Its pretty cold tonight, I took my dogs out (They are jack russell/italian greyhound mix) for a walk around the munden earlier and It was freezing for me I cant imagine what it was like for them with there thin coats!

Your dogs sound adorable, do post a pic some time:) Previously we had a thick-coated dog, but now getting used to a french bulldog with short fur, I find myself hovering around the doggie coat sections of pet shops. Probably not really cold enough to warrant it yet, although I have seen a few greyhounds already coated up, but I do wonder on the cooler nights if the woof is a bit on the cold side trotting along barely above the pavement.

To make this post on topic, it's grey here, and damp from my new office - no longer in open plan surveying miles into the distance but overlooking a bus stop and morgue (not in the same place!).