Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

hi mark

agreedPosted Image

i will see if i can do a better one tomorrow Posted Image

You better. I will collect more straws. Ready to clutch :D
  • Like 1

Posted

Further to Chilly Milly's post in the previous thread about her friends in Kendall ......

chilly milly, on 02 Nov 2013 - 20:59, said:

Well she is okay, and I don't know the first thing about farming but this is what she says:

Yes.. Buildings a right mess. Trees decimated. Kitchen roof top ridge smashed. Outbuildings with bits off. Cement wall in Dutch barn sucked out. Doors off and twisted. Slates off everywhere. Neighbours have farm now and they were down here and said it was just like on TV.. Eerie silence and then wham. Luckily no one hurt and well insured between us.

Turbines are fine. It has literally taken chunks out of silos, new buildings doors off stone buildings, roof off old barn, granary, sixteen roof slipped , garage wall shagged and door off, tops off about 70 % trees at nedy barn one in roof of neddy barn! midden roof lifted and twisted and sheets up field! boards off scaffolding at needy barn, wall out of Dutch barn.. Need I go on...

Luckily she was in town when it happened so wasn't in the middle of it.

I've found a report on this by Tom Lynch from the virtual Storm Chasers Group.....

At 2.20 on Saturday 2 November Old Hutton was hit by a thunder storm containing lightning and lots of hail. After the hail stopped every was dark the farmer I spoke to said the wind stopped and it became very calm and the noise like thunder but continuous . He found it hard to describe a train or rushing wind . He went down towards the end of the farm building and was shocked by the sight of what he described as a large cone which looked like it was down to the ground , it was about 30ft wide he could see how far it went up. as it lifted debris it took it anti clockwise and lifting it up. Dropping it further up the yard. Everything was flying everywhere. A peace of metal roofing sheet was lifted and transported 100 mtrs up the field and wrapped around a tree. Pieces of corrugated roofing where embedded in sheet metal cladding. Yet right next to that plastic guttering which was hang loose was left where it was . Barn doors were taken off their hinges. Pieces of roofing sheet were embedded in the walls at 90 degrees to each other which tells me that at that point there was severe circulation at that point. The metal gable of the barn was hit side on and has a large concave dent. The roof was removed in many locations and the farm house suffered extreme damage to the roof and chimney stacks. As we walked the length of the farm the farmer was picking up debris and there were Crab apples strewn everywhere but there is no apple trees in that vicinity. If it was a tornado it hit a tree and took half the branches off 100 mtrs SW of the farm then hit the farm and then a load of trees 100 mtrs NE of the farm. A farm wall was demolished at low level and grass in the fields had been flattened in different directions. damage could cost thousands to repair.

I have to thank the farmers and their families for allowing me to call on them. Border TV featured it on the news but their weather man was reluctant to say it was a tornado. I said that I am sure that we could determine from the evidence what it was. I could do with someone looking at the radar from 2.20pm on Saturday 2 Nov for OLD HUTTON . The farm is just to the east of the M6. I saw the storms on the radar green with envy. It looked tasty but I was in Preston. I am fairly confident that is was a tornado. 

I will attach more photos the metal building which had the lump of corrugate sheet sliced into also has had something travel down the side. I guess it was carrying debris because it looks like each time whatever it had picked up hit the metal wall it took the paint off at one point it even put a hole in the metal as it moved down the side of the building. Trees had been uprooted but I had to get back to work,

Needless to say but they also had lots of roof sheet and slates blown off.

Posted Image1453392_527774067315724_119205377_n.jpg

Posted Image1391566_527772913982506_178462115_n.jpg

Posted Image1452344_527844037308727_796926140_n.jpg

Posted Image1375943_527842567308874_1614553497_n.jpg

Hi Ali. With the kind permission of Chilly Milly and her friends at the affected site I have passed on further details to Peter Kirk ( Forum Manager UKww ) as requested by him, so this event might be investigated further. Tony Gilbert on UKww has also put out a request for further information. Hopefully they will be able to study this as a result.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all.

A damp, but mild start to the day here.  Looks like the rain is not to far away.

Current temp 11c

Guest bjaykent

Morning all,

Weather pretty bleak today, nothing showing for cold lovers on the models at present, sooo empty in here and in the model thread this morning that I can almost hear the echo as I type.

Still on a positive note things will likely change just when you least expect it on the model front and we still have all the full potential of winter ahead of us.

Have a nice (indoor) day!Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Damp cloudy day with occasional drizzly type rain, feeling very warm though. May be it's a bit humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Good morning Each....well its a miserable day in town as was expected. Damp, grey and wet.....and thats just my hair!!!

Have a good hump day y'all

Posted

Afternoon all,

Blimey, it's quiet in here atm - and on the board in general - we need some exciting weather on the horizon to look forward to!

Weather is horrid here today; I got soaked on my journey cross site at work by fine rain - you know, the type that soaks you in minutes but you can't quite bring yourself to faff about digging an umbrella out from the bottom of your bag Posted Image

Hope you all have a good day

Posted

Good afternoon everyone. Well what a dismal day this is, 11.7c, grey skies and rain exactly as decsribed by Snow Raven in the post above. Thankfully I am currently knocked out by my medication so have a perfect excuse to go and lie down for a few hours. Laters.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. Posted Image

I see that other people share my weather apathy at the moment. Posted Image I've got to say this is pure dross.

Do you reckon the Greenwich Light Vessel has a gremlin, or is it being severely buffeted? :winky:

post-11059-0-56215600-1383745806_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Rain .....11.9c 

Steak and Guiness Pie filling currently on the stove.

And we didn't get to set our big Firework off last night :( Roll on the weekend..

Posted

Do you reckon the Greenwich Light Vessel has a gremlin, or is it being severely buffeted? Posted Image

Blip (or amazing gust) from the actual station by the looks of it Steve:

post-6667-0-83234100-1383746275_thumb.pn

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=62305

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hi Ali. With the kind permission of Chilly Milly and her friends at the affected site I have passed on further details to Peter Kirk ( Forum Manager UKww ) as requested by him, so this event might be investigated further. Tony Gilbert on UKww has also put out a request for further information. Hopefully they will be able to study this as a result.

Hi Martin, hopefully there will be more information on this but it looks as if it was a very brief touch down...Tom Lynch has said that in his opinion after looking at the damage it was a tornado Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I was talking to a local tree surgeon on Sunday. Obviously he's got lots of work at the moment.

He did say that he was ordered, by a council official, not to deal with a large prostrate tree last week, which was causing disruption. as it had a tree preservation order on it!  Posted ImageIt caused a lot of mirth in the pub.Posted Image 

Officialdom!

• Like 3

Posted

Afternoon all,

Blimey, it's quiet in here atm - and on the board in general - we need some exciting weather on the horizon to look forward to!

Weather is horrid here today; I got soaked on my journey cross site at work by fine rain - you know, the type that soaks you in minutes but you can't quite bring yourself to faff about digging an umbrella out from the bottom of your bag Posted Image

Hope you all have a good day

Afternoon Leeanne and all,

I'm busy even if the forum is quiet - I've had a very productive admin morning and cleared a big pile of paperwork - just as well really as the silly season will be upon us soon on here and for my business  Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Rain .....11.9c 

Steak and Guiness Pie filling currently on the stove.

And we didn't get to set our big Firework off last night Posted Image Roll on the weekend..

Oh Boo, no Atomic Warlord for your Mum's birthday then Posted Image

At least you weren't at the Lewis fireworks...you might have got arrested !!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lewes-bonfire-night-14-arrested-2681168

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Oh Boo, no Atomic Warlord for your Mum's birthday then Posted Image

At least you weren't at the Lewis fireworks...you might have got arrested !!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lewes-bonfire-night-14-arrested-2681168

Crumbs! Nah, it was just a bit too gusty here for the Atomic Warlord, he's a fair weather performer!! It means she gets to squeeze another birthday-celebration thing at the weekend as well into the bargain :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Afternoon all. Posted Image

I see that other people share my weather apathy at the moment. Posted Image I've got to say this is pure dross.

Do you reckon the Greenwich Light Vessel has a gremlin, or is it being severely buffeted? Posted Image

Posted ImageXCMap.png

I hope it's a gremlin.

Posted

Crumbs! Nah, it was just a bit too gusty here for the Atomic Warlord, he's a fair weather performer!! It means she gets to squeeze another birthday-celebration thing at the weekend as well into the bargain Posted Image

Can't be a bad thing then really....I managed to eek out my birthday celebrations for the best part of a week !

I hope the fridge cast looks more promising for the weekend and she has a blast Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I hope it's a gremlin.

Not again...we had them in netweather towers the other night Posted Image

post-10773-0-38738000-1383748379_thumb.j

...we could have a use for them as an alternative to the 'Santa shaker' I suppose, which is back by the way  ...

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=xmas;sess=

Posted

Not again...we had them in netweather towers the other night Posted Image

Posted Image$(KGrHqV,!ikE9STIK,yNBPiTJdfHqg~~60_35.JPG

...we could have a use for them as an alternative to the 'Santa shaker' I suppose, which is back by the way  ...

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=xmas;sess=

20% chance of snow on Christmas Day this year - Boooooo Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all on the rather wet, cool and very dull day, though we did manage double digit temps (just), 10.7oC right now.

Just passed the scene of a nasty looking accident on the way home, nothing reported for it yet but the emergency services were already on the scene but looked like it had not happened that long ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hi Jax

Love your reply...seriously.....and appreciate your scepticism.

If you want to explore  my points....(oooh eerrr.!!).. I will happily  send you a PM with some info before I go public

xxx

how many points have you got? Posted Image