Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Another largely wet day coming up tomorrow and in fact by Afternoon it will have become progressively warmer for many in our region. Temps could reach the low sixties F (16c) in the odd place and then by Thursday and Friday they will be down to nearer normal levels with low fifties to mid fifties (10-12) at best being recorded. With the interchangeable airmasses will be copious amounts of rain for many but also some drier interludes. No change in conditions in the foreseeable but the date Sunday 11th November remains of interest (as it has done for a few days) with potential for wintry (think sleet/hail for now) precipitation on this day, especially further East in the UK. This last suggestion is a bit of a longshot given it's at the boundary of FI and where we go afterwards is anybody's guess really. However, by next week, I am expecting a change in the upper atmosphere profile as hinted at by many others in the MOD thread. Whether we remain on the milder and wetter side (as we are) or on the cusp of something much more wintry or even drier Posted Image in the UK, will depend on these upper level nuances, so best watch this space until nearer the weekend. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on here

old thread here -------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78293-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-271013-1730z/page-36

I've moved Tony's post from the previous thread to head this thread as it's a good start post and summary for the next few days in our region

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It was wet and mild with a moderate wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 16.8 mm/hr 08:03 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 2.2 mm 08:10 Rainfall Yesterday: 2.6 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 13.2°C 12:31 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 24 mph 12:46 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 9 mph 14:16 Wind Run Yesterday: 107.7 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 249° WSW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yet another forecast cock-up, according to the beeb, it would be raining on and off from around 5am this morning, right through until this evening, and guess what? It's dry and fairly bright. Posted Image

Currently 15.1C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Dreary. Damp. Dismal. 12.2c. Humidity 96%. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

The warm front has just passed here with temperatures having risen from 10C to 13C. Hill fog and drizzle has lifted somewhat and the wind has increased from zero to 20mph from the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Look forward to some brightness this afternoon going by what others are saying. A static 11C with drizzle here still - the worst kind of weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cam Brook Valley the fog/mist /mizzle descends again. 13.7c. does not feel mild today. Humidity 96%. 2.7mm  drizzlepation has fallen today...Posted Image

Posted

Yuck practically dark just after 3pm due to such thick Stratocumulus.

The radar seems to be struggling today with patches of rain appearing, disappearing, then appearing again a few miles further East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

How warm did anyone get, I achieved 14.6c which by all accounts is pretty impressive given the date. I see Mapantz reported 15.1c at one stage during this dreary day, were there any 16 or 17c readings about?

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

How warm did anyone get, I achieved 14.6c which by all accounts is pretty impressive given the date. I see Mapantz reported 15.1c at one stage during this dreary day, were there any 16 or 17c readings about?

Yeovilton was recording 16c+ at 13.00 so I guess there must have been some sunshine there.

No sunshine at all here, 14.5c tops.

• Like 1

Posted

15.5C was my max of the day, i suspect it could have been higher if it weren't for the gales. Extremely impressive! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Attention ,nice intense rainfall now approaching from west ,looks like a squall could be forming ,i got a bit fed up with drizzle ,just popped onto rain radar and a nice surprise ,any reports of anything interesting  Posted Image

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Attention ,nice intense rainfall now approaching from west ,looks like a squall could be forming ,i got a bit fed up with drizzle ,just popped onto rain radar and a nice surprise ,any reports of anything interesting  Posted Image

Oh my god. I nearly swore. I never knew that was heading for, here.

Posted

Don't know if anything is happening, can't hear anything and am not going to move as I'm doing college work :(

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Have had some wild wind gusts the last hour or two

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Gusts moving here now Newbury .. Infact these prompted me to check this thread to see what was going down.... Aye... No rain though as yet...

Posted

Rain is definitely a lot heavier than earlier but think the squall line is too far east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Gone quiet outside now ,looks like any action ran further east ,but certainly an action night for some .Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

It was drizzly and mild with a strong wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 22:31 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 15.4°C 10:40 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 24 mph 10:03 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 14 mph 10:34 Wind Run Yesterday: 177.5 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 229° SW.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yesterday's rain amounted to the measly amount of 1mm.  Max temperature here was 16°C, there was some brightness, not sunshine as such around the middle of the day.  We're about 5 miles as the crow flies from Yeovilton.

• Like 1

Posted

Where was all the rain that was forecasted this week? I'm not in to bashing but it really has been a poor week for forecasting! I don't know why they bother with the 5 day forecasts on Sunday's, it hardly ever pans out as they say it does, unless high pressure is slap bang over the top of the UK :(

12C and dry currently. 

Posted

Having woken up to 11C yesterday, much cooler this morning at 5C. At least a lot brighter as the cloud from yesterday's front moves away to the south. Looking forward to potentially sunshine and showers scenario later today and more so tomorrow and Saturday.