Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Guest William Grimsley

It was damp and mild with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm 02:48 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.2 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 13.2°C 12:52 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 11 mph 04:08 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 3 mph 11:19 Wind Run Yesterday: 4.8 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 348° NNW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

First air frost and first ground frost for me this season, low of -0.1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms
Posted · Hidden by Beast of Plympton, November 13, 2013 - wrong post
Hidden by Beast of Plympton, November 13, 2013 - wrong post

Nice frost this morning.... Low of 0.7c last night.

Guest William Grimsley

No frost here, down to 0.4C though.

Currently 8.5C and 

The air must have been too dry to give a frost in Wareham, then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The air must have been too dry to give a frost in Wareham, then.

Everything was dewey and wet, just it didn't freeze. :)

Guest William Grimsley

Everything was dewey and wet, just it didn't freeze. Posted Image

That's different. Some people have been receiving a frost with higher temperatures than you. Thankfully, the grass was frosty this morning, here.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

A perfect day with unbroken sometimes hazy sunshine after a frosty start. The car doors were frozen which I guess shows it was a slow freeze over of a heavy dew, but it wasn't quite an air frost as the min was 0.1c lol !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

-9c 850hpa air in mid November;

post-12721-0-38238500-1384360056_thumb.j

For our part of the world that really wouldn't be bad going so early in the season!

• Like 3

Posted

Posted Imageimage.jpg

For our part of the world that really wouldn't be bad going so early in the season!

Is it associated with any fronts or a Low pressure or just bitterly cold and dry? Where the -9c figure is looks like a Low centre.

Posted

Is it associated with any fronts or a Low pressure or just bitterly cold and dry? Where the -9c figure is looks like a Low centre.

At this stage it's looking rather dry inland with a more "wishbone" scenario favoured.However, as you and I both know, looking for PPN activity at such a range as this is fruitless.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes although I'm interested by this chilly weather we have en-route I don't think it is worth us getting excited in our neck of the woods unless we see a trough in the flow etc.

Cold and frosty will be welcomed change though. Posted Image

Chilly morning this morning and im guessing around -1 maybe a touch lower but my station had power cut today so im not sure although very white.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A perfect day with unbroken sometimes hazy sunshine after a frosty start. The car doors were frozen which I guess shows it was a slow freeze over of a heavy dew, but it wasn't quite an air frost as the min was 0.1c lol !

0.2c for me Andy, so I still missed the opportunity of the first Air frost too. Oddly, ice was forming on the birdbaths at the time, albeit a very thin patchy layer. I wonder if the Davis needs calibrating? In other news, I hear talk of the wintry liquid in places next week according to my father, I just wonder?

Off to the "boiling cauldron" thread to see if I can make sense of the latest outputs, wish me luck.

Beautiful this morning. Much more like it.

Lovely sunrise over the fish farm.

Posted ImageIMGP0045_sm.jpg

Brilliant Carpture. Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The "it looks like a dry cold spell" concern is expressed every time. My advice: Don't worry about that yet. Every time we can see a cold spell coming, just get the cold in first and then worry about the PPN amounts. Troughs, showers and fronts won't be picked up this far in advance.

Tonights runs are wonderful looking at the bigger picture. The northern hemisphere pattern is a lot more amplified, we're seeing heights decrease over Europe and height rises over Greenland. The polar vortex is looking more and more pulled apart. Looking like a nice and early start to winter is on the cards! :)

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Can't say I care about about snow prospects at the moment, I'm just glad the endless wind and rain is about to sod off, dry and cold will suit me, hopefully winds will fall light and we'll have some frost and foggy conditions.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Ah should have guessed AWD would be on the case. Posted Image Another late November 2010 spell anyone? Obviously far too much to ask but some striking similarities given current projections. However, take a GRITTER load of salt with my comment. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Ah should have guessed AWD would be on the case. Posted Image Another late November 2010 spell anyone? Obviously far too much to ask but some striking similarities given current projections. However, take a GRITTER load of salt with my comment. Posted Image

Judging by today's 0z & 12z EC output, your "gritter load of salt" will be in high demand.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Ah should have guessed AWD would be on the case. Posted Image Another late November 2010 spell anyone? Obviously far too much to ask but some striking similarities given current projections. However, take a GRITTER load of salt with my comment. Posted Image

Here is my dead cert forecast: The south will get a pasting next weekend when I pop home for a few days :p

• Like 1

Posted

The "it looks like a dry cold spell" concern is expressed every time. My advice: Don't worry about that yet. Every time we can see a cold spell coming, just get the cold in first and then worry about the PPN amounts. Troughs, showers and fronts won't be picked up this far in advance.

Tonights runs are wonderful looking at the bigger picture. The northern hemisphere pattern is a lot more amplified, we're seeing heights decrease over Europe and height rises over Greenland. The polar vortex is looking more and more pulled apart. Looking like a nice and early start to winter is on the cards! Posted Image

Almost a RAMP there Nick, but I agree from what I've been told, as it was on the TV forecasts even. Now I will go and have a look myself at what our friendly bunch of punters think of it all in the MOD thread. Posted Image