Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

British Rainfall 1860-1991

knocker

Posted

I don't know whethe this is of interest or indeed whether it has already been posted. I suspect it has ,if so could the mods please remove.

British Rainfall was a publication giving monthly and annual totals of rainfall for the United Kingdom

G.J. Symons first produced a four-page pamphlet English Rainfall, 1860 with information for over 150 stations. He next produced the first volume of British Rainfall to cover both 1860 and 1861, the series was initially known as Symons's/Symons British Rainfall from 1860 - 1899 and was then continued as British Rainfall until 1968. It was produced by the British Rainfall Organisation (at first indepenedent and later part of the Royal Meteorological Society) until 1961 when production and publication was taken over by the Meteorological Office. From 1969 - 1991 rainfall information was published in Monthly and annual totals of rainfall.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/archive/british-rainfall

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yes and a few of us on here are avid collectors. I have about 50 of them so need a lot more!

EDIT: I never knew they had made them freely available online! Posted Image

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yes and a few of us on here are avid collectors. I have about 50 of them so need a lot more!

EDIT: I never knew they had made them freely available online! Posted Image

Neither did I.

I've spent a lot of money over the years collecting almost a full set, having all of them from 1866 to 1983. 

I must have a look online and dust off my printer.

• Like 1