Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 14/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all. Yes BB man flu definitely does exist how do you men put up with it?! If this morning in the MAD thread is anything to go by it could be very entertaining in there today, just don't take anything too seriously and have your popcorn handy. I think I'll stick with John much safer and an awful lot calmer.

Looking out the window it looks like it tried to have a frost the cars look like they tried to ice over but couldn't quite manage it.

Edited by Jules71
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Morning everyone. A chilly, clear start to the day here.warmer than yesterday with temps 1.3 when I took the dog for a walk.

Looks like an interesting period of weather watching coming up.

Have a Good Friday and Jules, hope the flu gets better soon!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all. Yes BB man flu definitely does exist how do you men put up with it?! 

We struggle on, very rarely complaining...... :whistling:

Morning Jules, morning all!

A clear and cold one last night, GFS seems to have pushed the snow chances next week back a bit overnight, but I'm not investigating much further this end of the morning:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, slight weed frost this morning, that's reminds me must find a new gardener. Was quiet bright when I got up, but slowly clouding over. Got a boring day today, having spent most of yesterday washing the cups up for my staff, today I got to go to the solicitors on company business, then into the office to have a chat with one of our new employees, and guide him in the right direction. At least I got my fridge design to get on with, it's for an absolutely amazing customer, who has decided to go on an expansion drive, if half the work he's talking about comes off we will be up to our necks in it till end of 2016, if it all comes off help!

I always think its amazing that I come on here hoping for cold and snow, and yet I can go to one of my sites and walk through a door and be a temperature of anywhere between -50 to 10c even on the hottest day. The sites I design are often the size of Wembley stadium but not so high, and the amout of energy that I use to cool these sheds is alarming, but Mother Nature does it for free for all us lucky people, hopefully she will do it next week.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's nippy for sure. Just went past South Park,Oxford (the place in my display picture) on my way into work, nice frosty layer there. Wrap up warm if out this morning!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning - down to 3.5 here just off the beach , no rain overnight and a nice crisp morning with blue sky.

A very nice start to an Eastbourne Autumn day in fact!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.

Crisp and sunny here too, with light winds.

Awoke to the smell of fresh bread this morning, which was nice. I had a couple of slices as part of my breakfast. Chucked the measured ingredients into the machine last night. Hit a button or two and bingo! this morning.

It looks like someone has been banned from the Model Discussion thread this morning, so undoubtedly there's been petty squabbling there. Posted Image I looked there for all of two minutes. That's all you need to get the gist of current thinking.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Chilly round the chesnuts this morning!!!

The weekend is looking dry enough which bodes well for my bootsale.....No surprise that the models are pushing things back a touch but it could just be a wobble....things may be clearer as each run comes out today but im still holding on getting excited until the weekend models show thier hand.

have a good day x

• Like 3

Posted

Matt Taylor mentioned the chance of snow showers next week, but said that the much colder weather would likely be the biggest issue for most. :)

Posted

3,000 posts of drivel.

Here's a an appropriately cheesy song to mark the fact.

You even get the crappy lyrics in this version, so you can sing along!

Actually, definitely not my choice of listening! Posted Image, but I can't think of another that has 'three thousand' in the song title!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Lovely one it is here too - and it's Friday which is always a good thing especially tonight as it's the long awaited 80's do.... so bring on the leg warmers !!

Just a quick reminder to anyone who hasn't contacted me already that out NW regional meet up is next Saturday (23rd November) here in Milton Keynes, there are a good number of you already signed up and there is a warm welcome to anyone else who would like to join us (I don't want you saying no one told you about it) - just let me know asap so I can send you the details of where to come Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

Lovely one it is here too - and it's Friday which is always a good thing especially tonight as it's the long awaited 80's do.... so bring on the leg warmers !!

Just a quick reminder to anyone who hasn't contacted me already that out NW regional meet up is next Saturday (23rd November) here in Milton Keynes, there are a good number of you already signed up and there is a warm welcome to anyone else who would like to join us (I don't want you saying no one told you about it) - just let me know asap so I can send you the details of where to come Posted Image

Have fun all that are going - we are away in Brighton that weekend so I can't be there this time. Will you be having snowball fights or just a snowball.....

post-3098-0-45840300-1384511206_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted

Morning fellow regionnaires,

Another lovely sunny crisp morning here; the weather Gods are really spoiling us the past couple of days, especially with possible chances of seeing some of the white stuff next week.  Even if we don't, hopefully we will be closing the door on the Atlantic driven weather we have had for a while

Jules, I hope you start to feel better soon :)

And for those of you going to the regional meet up next weekend, have a lovely time Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Tuesday night into weds looks like our regions best chance for a spell of snow with a light covering in places. Other than that its sleet showers for us IMO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

Hi Ali, I did reply. but wanted to make sure you got it. Sadly, I cant make it as im on call with work, but if I can finish early enough, I may pop along for a drink after youve all eaten.....If I dont make it have a great night gang

• Like 1

Morning fellow regionnaires,

I love that opening and have visions of us all with little Netweather caps with the neck protection from the sun although maybe next week thery could be used in reverse to keep the snow out of our eyesPosted Image

â„¢

Edited by snow raven
added a TM sign, just in case the idea gets pinched for Dragons Den ;)
  • Like 4

Posted

A neighbour is mowing their lawn out there this morning!!!! Don't they know there's snow on the way???!!!!

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

A neighbour is mowing their lawn out there this morning!!!! Don't they know there's snow on the way???!!!!

Posted Image

I've been known to badger Mr Raven to cut the grass if it's too long and snow is due - the shorter the grass, the higher the Kentimetres...

• Like 8

Posted

Hark at us lot. The merest hint of snow within a thousand miles and it's time to party Posted Image

I have to say it's a lovely sunny day here, and I hope it is wherever you are.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

I cut my grass a couple of weeks ago, hoping the growing season was just about done and to help with a pure white cover of snow, if the elements allow.Posted Image

Unfortunately it has grown since, but not enough to justify me cutting it again.

• Like 1

Posted

If i cut my grass now the damn thing would sink in a muddy bog and peg out...

Posted Image

• Like 3