Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

4th July 2004

WeatherGod

Posted

Storm went through here at about 11:00 here in S C U N T H O R P E. Not particularly powerful, just a handful of rumbles really and a short spell of quite heavy rain. Still some interesting clouds around though. I woudn't be surprised if another one comes by shortly :D

On a different note, wouldn't it be possible to make an exception for this town name in the swear filter. It's quite annoying!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Convection's not so fast here today. Thankfully, there's a bit of a lid on things so far! :D

Posted

Tim B - I was witness to that heavy storm too, we've had burst of heavy rain showers from about 10am to 12noon today, but like you, I neither heard any thunder of saw any lightning. The radar picks the showers up well this morning.

Posted

Lots of heavy showers this morning, followed by torrential rain at 1pm with long rumbles of thunder but alas no lightening :(

Posted

sferics gone a bit mad south midlands/and southwards or am i seeing things :?: what does a green circle usuallly indicate(sferic map) or is it an area of developing storms :?: Scattered dark clouds/cb's are certainly building but no action yet.

Posted

Very heavy showers this afternoon, some thunder and 3 lightning strikes, one fairly close, well it felt closer as at the time. I was stood under a scaffold structure, not the best idea! :shock:

Posted

This isn't a storm report but this is the only thread available for today :!:

To my North and north east there has been some massive and very black cbs in the last 2 hours. Show up very well on the radar including red colouring :!:

Me thinks that north Wiltshire has taken a pasting :roll: while west Wiltshire is under glorious sunny skies :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had two diffrent thunder storms today here in county durham had very heavy rain.1 st of the thunder storms was at 12:54 pm ish.The other was at 3:36 pm that time i got very wet coming home from the bottom shop.

Posted
The green circle indicates where the software on the detector thinks that there is almost definitely a storm.

Cheers for that WF i had thoughts on similar lines but now it is confirmed.

Just to add, despite sferics looking v. close to me i did not get any thunder at all :-x everything is bypassing this particular area and its daarn annoying..not one single proper storm yet :?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There was a rumble of thunder at 3pm.

This region of Tyneside often struggles to get two thunderdays in an entire summer (in both 2000 and 2001 there was only one thunder-day) let alone two in a row!

Having said that, all this great convectional display has been at the expense of the sun. 3-4 July were not days of sun and showers, cloudy with intermittent heavy rain would be a better description. But we did get two thunderdays!