Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 19/11/2013 --->

Nick L

Posted

your better off up here in a zonal winter because at least you get something, 11-12 was rubbish winter but I still ended up over the course of nov-april with about 10 inches in total"", 2 2inchers, a 3 and a few dustingsCHECK - probably more like 8" actually.and in 10-11 we only had about 12" in total

I mite prefere it up here snowise but remember i was in the isle of man 1991-1998 ( the snowless winters) oh dear ive said too much.... ; / i think im a bad omen.... I lived in mallorca 1983-91, year i moved snowiest winter for 60 years....oooopsss.... Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A little bit of snow here! It won't last long though lots of rain and sleet to come!

• Like 1

Posted

All the precip is fizzling out as it gets to me. Calling it a night as the temp keeps on rising. Glad to hear some close by have got some snow though :-)

Posted

2c dew -1c rising quite quickly..... Wind picking up more too....

Met up with friend in ashton they had heavy snow 4am in mossley..... Got nothing here what happens with showers i guess....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

A little bit of snow here! It won't last long though lots of rain and sleet to come!

yes a few flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Looks like sleet outside !!

Posted

Looks like snow flakes here in Bootle !

Posted

Looks like sleet outside !!

Ive had snow the last 2 nights but only settled on the tops of the pennines (a bit of a dusting on grit boxes but a decent covering on some cars going past this morning but as I say, mainly reserved for 1000ft (Saddleworth Moor)

Surprised really to see people in Liverpool and the like getting anything other than rain.

Looks like snow flakes here in Bootle !

Bloody hell, bootle is right on the coast as well isn't it?

Posted

Think it more sleet now. It is very cold and wind getting up now.

Yes it is. I may be wrong as looking out on a camera but it well lit and looks like it

Posted

Think it more sleet now. It is very cold and wind getting up now.Yes it is. I may be wrong as looking out on a camera but it well lit and looks like it

Sleety wet snow for a while here but more towards rain now, I bet there is lying snow in Flash and certainly on kinder scout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A burst of heavy rain and a bit of graupel currently. Looks to have been all rain here during the last few hours. Quite big local variations if sleet/wet snow in Bootle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temp is now 7.2°C, and pressure is still falling rapidly. Was 1017 mB at 21:00 last night, now 1005.6 mB. That's quite a fall. no wonder the wind is getting up.

Posted

Just had heavy shower but now its rain !!!

Posted

Signing off for the night. It has been a very mixed bag here tonight.

• Like 1

Posted

yes. Just had that. Quite sure there hasn't been any sleet here in the last few hours, although I did notice a bit of graupel in that last shower. A bit of CAPE builds this morning as the cold front nears, so I think there is a possibility of some lively showers, with graupel and thunder a risk prior to and during the cold fronts passage, highlighted in part by the airport TAF forecasts of last night. .

Posted

Was never really interested in this anyway TBH, I think I would have been watching every flake pre 09, I suppose expectations have now been raised, i am only really interested in deep fetch Easterlies with tight isobars and sub -10 uppers, or undercuts with stalled fronts in the perfect position.

Posted

I would say a positive update from the met office just now. 

North-west England text forecast. 

Headline:

Rain soon clearing to sunshine and showers, some wintry. Windy.

Today:

Early heavy rain with some snow, mostly restricted to high ground, will quickly clear southwards leaving a risk of ice for a time. Sunshine and showers will follow, possibly wintry even to lower levels. Feeling cold with gusty winds. Maximum temperature 7 °C.

Tonight:

Remaining windy with further showers, perhaps heavy in the north and east with a risk of hail and some snow, mostly over high ground. Possible icy patches where showers ease. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Thursday:

Rather cold and windy with showers, but the showers should ease through the day with more in the way of sunny spells developing. Maximum temperature 8 °C.

Updated: 0248 on Wed 20 Nov 2013

So there isn't a lack of precipitation according to that.

Edited by Chris R

Posted

I would say a positive update from the met office just now. 

North-west England text forecast. 

Headline:

Rain soon clearing to sunshine and showers, some wintry. Windy.

Today:

Early heavy rain with some snow, mostly restricted to high ground, will quickly clear southwards leaving a risk of ice for a time. Sunshine and showers will follow, possibly wintry even to lower levels. Feeling cold with gusty winds. Maximum temperature 7 °C.

Tonight:

Remaining windy with further showers, perhaps heavy in the north and east with a risk of hail and some snow, mostly over high ground. Possible icy patches where showers ease. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Thursday:

Rather cold and windy with showers, but the showers should ease through the day with more in the way of sunny spells developing. Maximum temperature 8 °C.

Updated: 0248 on Wed 20 Nov 2013

So there isn't a lack of precipitation according to that.

Don't want to be a party pooper but cannot see you getting anything meaningfull

Posted

No neither can I just thought i'd share the info. . Anyway, it doesn't hurt to be optimistic

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Wow the winds just calm down alot. Before it was very very windy!! It was quite a storm too. I must assume that a weather front just passed through.

Edited by pip22