Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum Updated - seeing any problems?

Paul

Posted

We've just updated the forums with a maintenance update, so no major changes to report, but if you see any problems please follow these steps:

1. Press ctrl+f5 twice on the page you see the problem to see if this clears it.

If not:

2. Clear your browser cache.

If the problem is still there, please let us know :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Seems to be running okay, Paul...How does that [edit theme] contraption work, please? I'm getting on a bit you know!

Posted

Seems to be running okay, Paul...How does that [edit theme] contraption work, please? I'm getting on a bit you know!

come off it Pete, you are just a young lad really!

Edited by johnholmes
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

From what i can make out, you can change the colour on some of the buttons used across the forum.

Everything seems fine on a tablet Paul. :)

Posted

We've made some changes to the way the forum works on mobile this afternoon, so instead of going to the less featured mobile skin, you should now see all the forum features, but in mobile friendly format :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

When sending PM's I am unable to use the backspace....

or maybe its me just thought I would let you know Paul :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I'm using a Nokia Lumia and the mobile theme won't show me when the last post was made or who made it. I just get the forum headers. Wish I still had my Xperia Z!

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I can't re-quote posts for some reason. I am using Windows 7 and Int. Explorer 11 on a PC, should that help. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I used to have the radar on mobile as a quick link but that seems to no longer be working, can you provide the link for it?

Posted

I can only see the forum not any charts or forecasts etc that used to be on the top of the screen. I'm using an iPad 1 on iOS 1.5 ( I can't upgrade to 1.7)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

Paul, nice to see NW go responsive, looks great :)

The only thing I can see is that when you use the "view new content" link it brings up the list of recently active threads. It would make more sense that if you click on one of these threads that it should bring you to the first unread post instead of the thread starter.

Edited by jamesd
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

On the mobile version it no longer shows a datestamp against each thread - this is a fairly large omission as it's the only way to see if new posts are available 'before' opening a thread and scrolling down.

Other than that thread page views now in my opinion show too much information on mobile. For example no need to show Member Post Count, Gender or MultiQuote button.

Previous mobile version was very concise, new version is now anything but concise.

Finally revert back to one button top left at top of page. No need for breadcrumb. Users do use back buttons on phones!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I can't re-quote posts for some reason. I am using Windows 7 and Int. Explorer 11 on a PC, should that help. Posted Image

Rolled it back to Internet Explorer 10 and things are now working dandy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm using a Nokia Lumia and the mobile theme won't show me when the last post was made or who made it. I just get the forum headers. Wish I still had my Xperia Z!

Have you tried rotating your device to landscape mode? It shows what you describe on my tablet in portrait mode, when i go to landscape, i get the full version. 

Posted

When sending PM's I am unable to use the backspace....

or maybe its me just thought I would let you know Paul Posted Image

I would think that hitting ctrl+f5 when on the pm page or clearing your cache will sort this :)

I can't recreate this, have you cleared your browser cache?

I used to have the radar on mobile as a quick link but that seems to no longer be working, can you provide the link for it?

The link into the radar hasn't changed at all:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

I can only see the forum not any charts or forecasts etc that used to be on the top of the screen. I'm using an iPad 1 on iOS 1.5 ( I can't upgrade to 1.7)

These will probably be nearer the bottom of the screen now if you're on a fairly lo-res device as it adjusts depending on the width.

Paul, nice to see NW go responsive, looks great Posted Image

The only thing I can see is that when you use the "view new content" link it brings up the list of recently active threads. It would make more sense that if you click on one of these threads that it should bring you to the first unread post instead of the thread starter.

Yep, good point - will see what can be done.

On the mobile version it no longer shows a datestamp against each thread - this is a fairly large omission as it's the only way to see if new posts are available 'before' opening a thread and scrolling down.

Other than that thread page views now in my opinion show too much information on mobile. For example no need to show Member Post Count, Gender or MultiQuote button.

Previous mobile version was very concise, new version is now anything but concise.

Finally revert back to one button top left at top of page. No need for breadcrumb. Users do use back buttons on phones!

It's horses for courses really - some want more features, some want less. We're seeing if it's possible to give access to the old mobile theme as an option.

Posted

The link into the radar hasn't changed at all:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Hi Paul

Not the big one, there used to be a little one which on my old phone was perfect to use, the URL was something like f1.nwstatic.co.uk/radarv4/radaranim/radarv4.gif (from memory so that may not be correct at all but gives you a rough idea of what I mean) it used to live on the front page

Posted

Hi Paul

Not the big one, there used to be a little one which on my old phone was perfect to use, the URL was something like f1.nwstatic.co.uk/radarv4/radaranim/radarv4.gif (from memory so that may not be correct at all but gives you a rough idea of what I mean) it used to live on the front page

bugger, that explains why my link has stopped working then, and I take it no similar alternative is still going anywhere on NW?

Not the end of the world, just handy to view on my mobile as trying to get the big one to load on there can be a bit painful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hi Paul,

I really can't stand this new mobile skin. Is there a way I can get it back to the one prior to the update?

Thanks

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Paul,I really can't stand this new mobile skin. Is there a way I can get it back to the one prior to the update?Thanks

Bottom left of the homepage BT, click on the box for the old skin.

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Have you tried rotating your device to landscape mode? It shows what you describe on my tablet in portrait mode, when i go to landscape, i get the full version. 

d'oh! will try it, thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

On the mobile version it no longer shows a datestamp against each thread - this is a fairly large omission as it's the only way to see if new posts are available 'before' opening a thread and scrolling down.Other than that thread page views now in my opinion show too much information on mobile. For example no need to show Member Post Count, Gender or MultiQuote button.Previous mobile version was very concise, new version is now anything but concise.Finally revert back to one button top left at top of page. No need for breadcrumb. Users do use back buttons on phones!

Yes, I totally concur.Is there any way to get the more minimalist mobile version back, as that worked really well for me to quickly move through posts etc. Could you consider adding it as an option under change theme.