Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Good afternoon all. I would like to confirm earlier reports from some of our intrepid on the spot reporters that 'something' is indeed happening in our region.

Looking to my north I can see a a thin slither of what if memory serves, appears to be blue sky. I am reluctant to raise hopes too far just yet because this optical illusion is apparently occuring over Watford, and has yet to make the journey 5 miles south to the suburbs of north west London. I am however on standby to issue UV index alerts and remind the locals of the need to wear sunscreen and protective glasses should this phenomenon last any more than 5 minutes.

Be careful out there. Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted

Be careful out there. Posted Image

Do you mean the UK or the MOD thread Martin? :unsure: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

blergh its greyer than a Charlie chaplin movie out there :( we did have a short burst of sunshine earlier enough for my to notice how dirty the windows actually are and then back to grey... oh well at least it hides the dirt I suppose!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Hurray!

I see some blue sky clearing to the north of me, it's almost here!

Must've been at least a week since I've seen the blue sky Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Blue sky is almost here too. May squeeze an hour or so out of it before the sun goes down. 

I'm dreading the thought of cloudy boringness for another week to two weeks if the models are anything to go by!

• Like 1

Posted

Do you mean the UK or the MOD thread Martin? Posted Image

Robin.....you know better than that, I wouldn't touch the MOD thread with a bargepole !!

Update. The sun is here.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Update. The sun is here.Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

This year?!

Not for us, we get the second instalment of the 50 shades trilogy and nothing white in the offering either currently :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Another day spent coughing and spluttering (thats just me with the lurg not the car so far), when I stepped out from the office and into a bright sunny afternoon I realised it was a lot lot colder than when I went in this morning Brrrrrrr.

Had some light rain around 6am that soon passed though, was that awkward type of rain when driving, where your constantly adjusting the wiper speed to compensate and stop it from screeching when it nearly stops but not quite to the quick up to normal as it a tad heavier, then back to slow or off (lather, rinse, repeat).

Got the car on charge again as worried the cold spell means using the electrics more and not convinced the battery is as good as it used to be (just what I need with an extra bill this month I was not expecting and the holiday season looming close now).

Well twas a nice sunset here, enjoy your day/evening :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Hi all,

Grey, grey, grey here in my part of Sussex today! We too had a spot of the "mizzle" during the morning. Decided to go mad and put on all the Christmas lights at once to brighten things up.

Think I have given myself photosensitive epilepsy now as they are all blinking in sequence! Still, at least it's a different colour to grey!

Have forgotten what the sun looks like this week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Result !

Wind got up and the murk lifted

50 shades of grey finally departed as I saw the sun, a beautiful orange pink tinge to high level (technical term I know) cloud's hind quarters

I picked up speed in the car, shaking off a few days' worth of yellow, silver birch leaves, admired the sky for several minutes, then....

night fell.

How am I going to sleep not knowing how the sky will look tomorrow ?

JP , fill us in mate !

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi all, been lurking around in the back ground but thought I would say hello.

I live in Crawley, W/Sussex but commute every week to Esbjerg in Denmark, sometimes I get lucky and have two different weather climates and the end of this week might be one of those, this part of Denmark has severe storm warnings in place for Thursday and snow warnings for Friday Saturday - just seen out of the window my first slight snow flurry - so a little earlier albeit very very small/light

Hi Hanny

Helluver commute you have there... looking forward to some photos, if you get the chance, of some snow over the next few days!

Posted

Is there anything remotely wintery in the foreseeable future for us Southerners? At least the sun came out this afternoon rather than the "holding pattern" the weather seemed to be, in recent days.

Posted

Is there anything remotely wintery in the foreseeable future for us Southerners? 

Yes available at all good stores online, just in time for Christmas.....

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, another day at work done :)

CFS update

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precipitation - (0) - Starting dry then turning wet

Temperature - (0) - Starting chilly and turning milder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just got off the phone to work, I must learn to leave that place alone after I depart for the day (DOH!) but so much needs me keeping it top of the pile jobs that need doing wise else it never will get done.

Anyway, dark and cold but clear here, remains dry and quite calm wind wise too, sure that will change tomorrow though, getting nippy out (been out to the car with the charger attached a while ago, may be time to go out again soon)

Posted

Posted Imageimage.jpg

I have no technological knowledge at all. But had to find a way to post that chart when I saw it.

Its a nice pretty one isnt it

I have quite a bit of technical knowledge

Sadly not concerning the weather - cannot help explain. Sorry

Liking the colours though

Posted Image

Posted

Afternoon all Another day spent coughing and spluttering (thats just me with the lurg not the car so far), when I stepped out from the office and into a bright sunny afternoon I realised it was a lot lot colder than when I went in this morning Brrrrrrr. Had some light rain around 6am that soon passed though, was that awkward type of rain when driving, where your constantly adjusting the wiper speed to compensate and stop it from screeching when it nearly stops but not quite to the quick up to normal as it a tad heavier, then back to slow or off (lather, rinse, repeat). Got the car on charge again as worried the cold spell means using the electrics more and not convinced the battery is as good as it used to be (just what I need with an extra bill this month I was not expecting and the holiday season looming close now). Well twas a nice sunset here, enjoy your day/evening :)

Sunset? Doesnt feel like the sun has risen for a couple of days now :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

How beautiful was the sunset tonight? I was driving so I couldn't get a picture, but you rarely see a sunset that deep red.

• Like 1