Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sleet or snow

Posted

Ok. So thursday is coming, not really sure what to expect. I wish to achieve a PROFESSIONAL opinion.

Nae. (Which is accurate) has snow over me.

Uppers are -8c

Dam is 530

Dew point is -3c

950 temp is -1c

Gfs Says rain or sleet but sure. Surely with -8c uppers and negative dews the dam will not matter?

I wish to see some wet snow on thursday night; that is all this is concerning.

First chart is uppers

Second is 950

Third is rain snow

Fourth is dews

Fifth is dam

post-15021-0-15940400-1386109698_thumb.j

post-15021-0-05953900-1386109707_thumb.j

post-15021-0-06774000-1386109714_thumb.j

post-15021-0-01145400-1386109720_thumb.j

post-15021-0-76194800-1386109726_thumb.j

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Look at what the met office is saying

They are never right.It is weird, i dont think i have experienced high dam and low uppers like this before Edited by smithyweather

Posted

I take it you are basing this data on GFS? Within this sort of range I find them highly inaccurate and prefer to stick to Met O predications sure they can change but not usually by much within a few days. NAE can also give a guideline but in my own experience I have been under a bright pink blob and got rain exactly as Met O predicted. Although I tend to stick to their text forecast rather than specific town ones.

Posted

Lol expect the worse which I take it from your point of view to equal rain, then you can't be disappointed! Just checked the latest text from Met O and they are talking about rain and gales on Thursday clearing to scattered showers so maybe the intensity won't be there to get the snow, if you know what I mean. Try not to get too disappointed there is a long way to go with Winter yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Catch a plane to Manchester LOL 

We have an indoor ski centre called Chill Factor for 365 days a year the Temp is set at -5 and there is real snow falling 

in there everyday,not sure have they do it but all clever stuff I even had a snowball fight in there in July

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

Well it says snow tomorrow on the 300m forecast which is odd.

Tbh i'm expecting rain but a bit of wet snow if the showers are heavy late at night. It was actually looking good on the 0z we were to have 522dam and then it slowly edged away to 530dam. Sigh

Posted

It keeps going north and east every single run. Grr

Them scottish ones are getting all excited and we have just rain. Spoilt brats, dread to see their pics on friday.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It keeps going north and east every single run. GrrThem scottish ones are getting all excited and we have just rain. Spoilt brats, dread to see their pics on friday.

There's no need for posts like this. The weather, the Met Office, forecasters in general etc. haven't got some vendetta against you. Drop the tone please.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

The fact is Scotland on average gets more snow than the rest of the UK, I don't begrudge them any of it, after all if there is any left over this can send it down to us. Posted Image

In reply to the Opening poster, given those "numbers", a wintry mix is more than possible, especially given those the upper temps and dew points, But without local knowledge it is difficult to be more detailed than that.

Unfortunately this thread needs to be closed, we can't have everyone asking if it will snow in their location, if we did there would be hundred of threads.

That is what regional threads are for.

• Like 3