Cold?
IGNORED

SNOW IN CAIRO?!

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Cairo's snowfall was the first in 112 years

Posted Image

Even Cyprus has had snowfall with 80cm of snowfall recorded on mount Olympos this morning, Last night, Nicosia got its first glimpse of snow in years

http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/12/13/snowbound-communities-running-out-of-supplies/

http://famagusta-gazette.com/snowfall-recorded-all-over-cyprus-bad-weather-will-continue-tomorrow-p21740-69.htm

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

The Planet is cooling, expect  some more unusual wintry events turning up in the near future, in some unlikely places!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

The Planet is cooling, expect  some more unusual wintry events turning up in the near future, in some unlikely places!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You'll be hung, drawn and quartered for such heresy :-P 

Cairo's snowfall was the first in 112 years

Posted Image

Even Cyprus has had snowfall with 80cm of snowfall recorded on mount Olympos this morning, Last night, Nicosia got its first glimpse of snow in years

http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/12/13/snowbound-communities-running-out-of-supplies/

http://famagusta-gazette.com/snowfall-recorded-all-over-cyprus-bad-weather-will-continue-tomorrow-p21740-69.htm

This vexes me somewhat :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm actually happy for them. The kids in particular must be over the moon to see snow for probably the first time ever. Even though we're not a particularly snowy island, I think we do take it for granted that snow is almost guaranteed every winter (not applicable to everywhere).

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Makes me wonder what the weather will be like in a decade, some strange goings on weather wise, its so surreal seeing Juraslem in white. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ice and snow, heat and sun!

Snow? In Cairo? That's ......wait for it......BAZAAR!

(Sorry, groaning at that one myself!)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Its happened before, and quite simply it will happen again!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

Its happened before, and quite simply it will happen again!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Yes, but last time it happened we were in a much cooler world?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

So if it can happen now, and has happened before and snow in Palestine, Syria and Jerusalem, factor in the odd comet then perhaps the snowy christmas nativity scene beloved of christmas card painters might have happened? From a scientific, and agnostic view, if you can have a paper published on climate change impacts in Middle Earth (see The Blackboard for more details) then that should happily employ a few postgrads Of Climathology

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 1

Posted

What was our winter like in 1901-2?

Well? what was it like? *sits back and wait for a chasm of sar :-D*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well? what was it like? *sits back and wait for a chasm of sar :-D*

There you go... http://www.london-weather.eu/article.42.html

• Like 1

Posted

*vomits*

Well, I'm sure that it won't correlate with this winter which will be much colder.......or something or warmer?? *vomits with excitement again*

Posted

Snow? In Cairo? That's ......wait for it......BAZAAR!

(Sorry, groaning at that one myself!)

That's genieus! Sorry, I souq at making puns.

Anything to take my mind off the fact that it's snowing in flippin' Egypt and not here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

I feel sorry for the poor sods who've gone over that region on holiday hoping for some warmer weather.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I just hope its not a bad sign for our winter when we see the likes of Egypt getting snow,Israel,Turkey etc that my biggest fear. How many winters during the poor ones of the 90s and 00s did we see the likes of Greece and Turkey getting cold weather and the BI end up getting jack.

• Like 1

Posted

I bet the folks stranded weren't feeling all warm and fuzzy!

Posted Image

The Home Front Command set up a control center in Latrun overnight Friday, and deployed units to snow-stricken areas. Drivers stranded on Route 1 and Route 443 at the entrance to Jerusalem were being brought to emergency help centers established at the Jerusalem Convention Center, in Mevaseret Zion and at the Ofer military camp.

Some 2000 stranded motorists in the capital and in the highways leading to the city were rescued by police and IDF and border police forces.

Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat turned to IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz and Jerusalem District police chief Yossi Pariente for help in evacuating the motorists.

“We are currently using all means available to save the people stuck in the storm. Only after the weather calms will we be able to open all of the roadways in the city,†Barkat said Friday morning,  adding that the city was facing “a battle against a rare storm, the likes of which we have never seen.â€

http://www.vosizneias.com/149188

Some great pics in this link...eg

Don't let a bit of snow get in the way of important matters...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

This is all because they have a high bringing in N easterlies which travel mostly overland with little to warm them up - the same sort of thing happened in the US not so long ago and didn't Houston get some unseasonably cold weather? and that is virtually on the Gulf of Mexico.

In the meantime we have been getting southerlies, making it mild for the season - you just can't trust those damned jet streams at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Egypt Sees First Snow Storm In Years

A winter storm has brought snow to Cairo for the first time in decades and has blanketed parts of the Middle East. Egypt's state MENA news agency said the country's two Mediterranean ports near the city of Alexandria and two ports on the Red Sea remained closed for the third consecutive day on Friday. Ali Abdelazim, an official at Egypt's meteorological centre, said it was "the first time in very many years" since the last snowfall in the suburbs of Cairo. Precipitation of any kind is rare in Egypt so the rare sight of snow has been much talked about on social networking sites such as Twitter.

http://news.sky.com/story/1182209/egypt-sees-first-snow-storm-in-years