Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion 16/12/2013 >

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Bloody hell.

1/4 Irish and qualify as a French national if I want that...

Anyway, sod that. Wind's picking up really now and...

If we're daein Christmas songs while awaiting bawbag Xn...

The best one ever. Ever. Like f**kin ever. If you don't play it at least once, santa's no comin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8

Picked oot Lawrence of Arabia for the nicht. Later..

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

copied this from storm thread as thought it may be of interest

here's the winterhighland outlook.

Tuesday currently looks like an exceptionally severe day on the Scottish Mountains, heavy and persistent snow fall in the West will be accompanied by Violent Storm Force SW winds, likely 50 to 60 gusting 80-100mph, backing Southerly and increasing 90-100mph with gusts 120 to 140mph possible. Some model runs have even shown mean speeds at the 850hpa height which due to the depth of the low pressure will be around or below Munro Level reaching 110mph.

Yes, Cairngorm did record 195 at the funicular tunnel mouth, but it wasn't an active station at the time. The following few days , they spent 3 days digging to find the tunnel mouth again.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

SS... I take it you are having a tipple? You know, I have been so busy today that I never gave it a thought until I read your post! Will soon sort that oot tho' I'm just glad to get my hands oot o' that turkey's erse!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Evening all! Temp a ridiculous 7.9, baro down to 958. I have another weather station which tells me that the pressure is currently 953.8 and falling. Phew! Bad news south of the border, two folk dead. I hope we don't hear of any more deaths over the next few days. Stay safe wherever you are!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

SS... I take it you are having a tipple? You know, I have been so busy today that I never gave it a thought until I read your post! Will soon sort that oot tho' I'm just glad to get my hands oot o' that turkey's erse!!

Ha ha,

I've partaken in a few beers shall we say. Just reward for a day of cleaning, wood chopping, gutter cleaning etc.

Mrs SS is still trying to sort stuff out for the morn even though everything was sorted hours ago. May have to intervene soon as I'm getting impatient over movie watching.

I'm in charge of the bird for the morn and there's two of them; whole honey roast ducks cooked with carrots, parsnips, tatties, sprouts and chestnuts. Mmmm...

EDIT.

Oh we have Christmas dinner on the 24th as they do in France with Santa visit / presents (next door neighbour for mini Miss SS) after dinner. Compromise is he comes back again Scottish style to fill stockings and leave more presents in addition to getting a big whisky Posted Image when everyone's in bed.

Dual nationality household had it's perks.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Let's face facts Blitzen, people who live on the Western Isles must pee themselves laughing all the time at us southern softies when it comes to the weather.

Yes Catch they probably do.  However I have yet to witness any comments,or poking fun, gentle or otherwise, from our Islanders. It just needs something said which someone may take offence to and it could get out of hand and I don't think it's worth it.   I was offended myself by someone's comments the other day and looking back on it now, I may have misunderstood and taken the comment out of context. It happens.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Getting bored of this... can we please move on.

On the other hand, I can report the delete button is working well.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Eh, just leaving Glasgow for Inverness now! Posted Image

Hopefully you will get on better! I think they were clearing stuck lorries out the way - but not sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well if that's the case Lorenzo can you delete the storm from the charts and replace it with some snow please? :-) 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I am in work until 2am can someone tell me the latest on the storm. All I am reading is north vs south posts ;)

Posted

sorry i'll try and keep on post-18233-0-73245200-1387833621_thumb.j

couldn't resist Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

I am in work until 2am can someone tell me the latest on the storm. All I am reading is north vs south posts Posted Image

still out in the Atlantic gaining strength and looks like the worst will will be tomorrow from morning onwards