Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

True but even if i can see a few flakes ill be the happiest person on here thats for sure.....very down atm..... Need a bit of cheer....

Yes and me - its not been a good start and I think even early Jan is doomed but much more confident about the second half of winter, late sting this year.

You are quite West but looking at your elevation, you could easily get a covering.

Posted

NAE 0Z a real kick in the goolies for us guys.Pretty much a rain event with maybe more luck for our cumbrian friends.

is it futher south compared to yesterday or further north?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

BBC forecast shows chances of snow across much of the region later into this evening and with a frost following, those lucky enough to see the stuff falling should still have it the ground into Friday.

Who will get it, looks like mid Lancashire southwards towards Derbyshire and as usual in these set ups, altitude is key.

I feel that my location will be on the northern edge so not expecting much if anything but parts of the Pennines south of me could wake up to a decent covering and higher routes into Yorkshire could become tricky overnight.

Back to the present, dry and a lot calmer here and a chilly 3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Interestingly, liverpool airport TAF is going for the possibility of +TSGS, (heavy thunderstorm graupel) from 12:00-16:00 today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Anyone in Cumbria reporting snow this morning? precip type radar showing a few wintry showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

BBC forecast shows chances of snow across much of the region later into this evening and with a frost following, those lucky enough to see the stuff falling should still have it the ground into Friday.Who will get it, looks like mid Lancashire southwards towards Derbyshire and as usual in these set ups, altitude is key.I feel that my location will be on the northern edge so not expecting much if anything but parts of the Pennines south of me could wake up to a decent covering and higher routes into Yorkshire could become tricky overnight.Back to the present, dry and a lot calmer here and a chilly 3c.

I'm confident for tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Well met office pressure chart has the 528 dam line South And East of the uk by midday today so with any luck any precipitation should fall as sleet/snow

post-16288-0-83208600-1387445650_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Snow ?? believe it when i see it.

Did say sleet or snow mate also they are getting wet snow in Belfast as we speak to be honest would be happy to at least see some falling even if it don't hang around as not seen any so far Edited by davacr123
  • Like 3

Posted

Chief Forecaster's assessment Weather Impact Matrix

Issued at:

0339 on Thu 19 Dec 2013

Valid from:

1500 on Thu 19 Dec 2013

Valid to:

1000 on Fri 20 Dec 2013

A narrow band of heavy rain is expected to cross parts of England and Wales later on Thursday afternoon and into the evening. This has potential to turn to snow, primarily, but not exclusively, on high ground. With skies then clearing, this leads to a risk of ice on untreated surfaces.

The public should be aware of the potential for some localised disruption to transport.

There is some uncertainty over the timing and intensity of this band of rain, but where any heavy bursts occur, rain may quickly turn to snow. This is most likely across the high ground of Wales, the Midlands and the Peak district where over 5cm could settle on roads above about 200 metres. At low levels, locally 1-2cm of wet snow is possible, although most places will not see this. Hail may also affect some areas, leading to slippery surfaces, before clearing skies allow temperatures to fall and increase the risk of ice on Thursday night.

Posted

Did say sleet or snow mate also they are getting wet snow in Belfast as we speak to be honest would be happy to at least see some falling even if it don't hang around as not seen any so far

yeah i know what you mean but i was spoilt in 2010 just wish i could have some falling christmas day night after i have been on my travels :)

Posted

Just rain at the min but very cold out and about

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted · Hidden by TonyH, December 19, 2013 - wrong thread!
Hidden by TonyH, December 19, 2013 - wrong thread!

Sleet now verging on turning to wet snow 2.4c/ dp 1.4c

Posted
post-16288-0-08035800-1387461735_thumb.jpost-16288-0-50975300-1387461750_thumb.j
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Had a few rain showers before with a bit of graupel in some of them. Not raining now, but yet the temp has fallen significantly, from 5.6 °C at 14:00 to 4.0 °C now. 

Posted

Light sleet falling now, pretty sure it's sleet. 

• Like 2