Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Greater Anglia have started cancelling services - 29 so far from Liverpool St for this afternoon/evening, and no trains running tomorrow morning before 10AM. I guess I'm not going to work tomorrow either!

http://www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/route?from=LST&to=&action=search&savedRoute=

Edited by SteveCoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Going to go out this morning to do all the last bits and bobs and then batten down the hatches later.

Stay safe everyone and remember if it feels risky to go out, don't. That is what instinct is there for!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Greater Anglia have started cancelling services - 29 so far from Liverpool St for this afternoon/evening, and no trains running tomorrow morning before 10AM. I guess I'm not going to work tomorrow either!

http://www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/route?from=LST&to=&action=search&savedRoute=

I guess the late start is to check for trees and landslides on the tracks, start could be none existent if to many are found. Tried to get my mum to come this morning instead of tomorrow afternoon, but she just say's the storm is over night my journey will be fine.

Edited by alexisj9

I know a lot of people are out today this may help (PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL! THIS IS BASED ON VARIOUS COMPUTER DATA)

9am: Winds increasing from the South gusting up to 40mph 

12pm: Winds still increasing from the South gusting up to 50-60mph

3pm: Winds steady at 60mph gusts perhaps more when the fronts move through

6pm Winds steady slight increase to 65mph gusts

9pm Winds drop a little to 50mph gusts

12am Winds increase massively from the South... 70mph+ gusts !

• Like 2

Posted

I guess the late start is to check for trees and landslides on the tracks, start could be none existent if to many are found. Tried to get my mum to come this morning instead of tomorrow afternoon, but she just say's the storm is over night my journey will be fine.

Landslides are their greatest concern at the moment. The pressure will be on to run as normal a service as possible tomorrow with the increase in passenger numbers. I just hope if they can't run services due to line problems they don't get too much grief like they have in the past.Lol can you tell the OH works for a transport company!
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning!

Windy on the Eastbourne Coast, gusting at 20mph , pressure is tumbling down to 1005 , with light showers!

Morning FBP, morning all.

Wasn't too bad on the coast here yesterday to start with:

post-6667-0-92182500-1387788392_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-64556800-1387788428_thumb.jp

Then it started to deteriorate 

post-6667-0-51887400-1387788299_thumb.jp

So we're now only a few hours away from the big storm and I guess everybody pretty much knows what's coming by now. I'll go and find a few charts and satellite shots so we can keep an eye on progression anyway.

• Like 8

Posted

I don't believe it... This has just been put on Facebook from a mate 10 miles down the road but MUCH higher up than me..

Posted Imagesnow.jpg

surrey where the hell is that

Posted

I have to go and collect a goose at 1pm, with the NMM showing 64mph gusts and heavy rain... not fun.

Even worse for the Goose ;0) Edited by Reevesie1
  • Like 5

Posted

Here comes trouble!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Very dark and very chilly here in Ippy. Bit breezy and the cats were reluctant to go out earlier......they're not daft. :) they know summats afoot. So with that in mind.......

post-17085-0-36208200-1387789065_thumb.j

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 5

Posted

Even worse for the Goose ;0)

As a considerate driver I will ensure that I continue to ask whether the goose is OK, and take its silence as confirmation that everything is fine ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Hmmmmm,wonder if they`ll do something about the M2 bridge? Mind you,if it`s that windy i`ll go through town anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Morning!

Windy on the Eastbourne Coast, gusting at 20mph , pressure is tumbling down to 1005 , with light showers!

Yes it is windy already on the Coast.... I'm sure there are all sorts of nicknames that this deep atlantic low could be given. I understand this one is called Dirk... It doesn't have any subtle personal originality to it though

I'd better get ready to leave on the A21 - the sooner I get to Guildford and back today the better..

• Like 4

Posted

Berkshire he is much higher up near the Great park.. I can't get my head round it either.. I have text him...

well i am not too far from great park and it is not white over here lol.think hs is having a joke mate lol .....