Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I think this link by Matt H, Sums up mood about storms and the sheer excitement of the stratosphere vortex

https://twitter.com/WeatherTweetsUK/status/417578899950669824/photo/1

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Morning!

I have a theory. All this Winters wet and windy weather seems to arrive on bin day and I think it's all the local councils doing. We pay enough in council tax to have a proper Winter with some snow so I'm going to write in and let them know my displeasure. I've also noticed the bin men are getting slower and they used to be lightning-quick, could they be why we don't get a decent thunderstorm too?

Here comes the next pesky parade:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Morning!

I have a theory. All this Winters wet and windy weather seems to arrive on bin day and I think it's all the local councils doing. We pay enough in council tax to have a proper Winter with some snow so I'm going to write in and let them know my displeasure. I've also noticed the bin men are getting slower and they used to be lightning-quick, could they be why we don't get a decent thunderstorm too?

Here comes the next pesky parade:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Agree with that Coast after last weeks effort of paper flying down the road, they are just rubbish nowadaysPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Station 62305 - Greenwich Lightship is now showing 35 knot winds:

post-6667-0-01232100-1388395773_thumb.pn

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=62305

Cranking up a bit here in Eastbourne.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Wind gusts cranking up a bit here in good ole Brentford. Tree is knocking the roof.

Posted

Morning all!

It is a little breezy here too.  Currently 9.4c and raining in the wind.

Moderate breeze with winds gusting between 30-35mph according to nearest weather station.

When I went out to walk the dog there was litter strewn everywhere down our road as it's bin day here too.  But on my return it had disappeared...bins not emptied though.  So we have rubbish fairies, we are so lucky. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Well that's a way to start the morning, just had a phone call from the son in law and we are proud grand parents for the forth time, little girl 8lb 4ozs all went smoothly and popped out at around 6:15 am this morning, not certain how you spell the name but its Evelyn Kate, can't get down to see them today as they won't be leaving hospital until around 1 and the wife has to work this afternoon.

Still raining, but don't seem very windy

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Don't care if its the wrong way up, just 2 very proud grandparents who are off to buy a teddy at bluewater today.

Congratulations!

They look so nice when first popped out dont they.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, it certainly does. Now.....forgive my ignorance but is that significant. Posted Image Still learning.

It's significant in that there is a sharp boundary between the two air masses that make up the front.  Usually because there is a big temperature difference.  The difference makes for very gusty winds that change in direction from (for example) south westerly to Westerly in about 10 minutes.  Can have a lot of rain on it as well.  If it's near the ground it will be a squall front, if it's higher in the atmosphere you'll see the cloud edge approaching with clear sky after it.

(I think that's right)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Windy and quite grim. I won't say 'same old' though, as we've had a surprising amount of sunshine, since Christmas Eve, despite the very unsettled nature of the weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Wet and very windy here, been very dark all morning, and it is bin day so plenty of wheely bins taking flight in the street.

Staying in and have BBC2 on as they are showing re-runs of nature programs like Africa and Earthflight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The winds seem to be arriving a lot later then forecast yesterday, seems the stronger ones are only just getting here. I'm hoping they stay in the 50s getting fed up with broken fence panels lol.

• Like 2

Posted

Well that's a way to start the morning, just had a phone call from the son in law and we are proud grand parents for the forth time, little girl 8lb 4ozs all went smoothly and popped out at around 6:15 am this morning, not certain how you spell the name but its Evelyn Kate, can't get down to see them today as they won't be leaving hospital until around 1 and the wife has to work this afternoon.

Still raining, but don't seem very windy

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Don't care if its the wrong way up, just 2 very proud grandparents who are off to buy a teddy at bluewater today.

Congratulations! Lovely name Evelyn..was my Nan's name and seems to be coming back into fashion as my friend named her new little girl the same last month.

After yesterday's lovely frosty start and sunshine today is a slap back to reality! Windy, damp and 8c. What a snorefest! I hope we see something of interest on the horizon soon.

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Congrats CK.

Just looked out and quite disappointed to see no flying cats so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looks rather disappointing the weather these next few days, wet today, more rain sweeping through tomorrow and a spell of very wet and windy weather again on New Year's Day - when it would be nice to go for a walk. Thursday, when many are back to work, looks like the only dry dry and sunny day of the week, before more rain moves through Friday morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Survived Bluewater, handy being so close and knowing it opened early today, got everything done in under an hour, now got to deliver 2 teddies (don't ask, I didn't I just paid, think the theory is 1 for push chair and 1 for bed) really I don't think she indoors could make her mind up that's why we got 2, baby also got clothes, hopefully see her tomorrow!

Still a shade blowy nothing out the ordinary, and wet but again nothing to write home about, thanks for all the congratulations, but I really didn't do anything :-).

• Like 1

Posted

Survived Bluewater, handy being so close and knowing it opened early today, got everything done in under an hour, now got to deliver 2 teddies (don't ask, I didn't I just paid, think the theory is 1 for push chair and 1 for bed) really I don't think she indoors could make her mind up that's why we got 2, baby also got clothes, hopefully see her tomorrow!Still a shade blowy nothing out the ordinary, and wet but again nothing to write home about, thanks for all the congratulations, but I really didn't do anything :-).

I've just seen the pic, it wasn't there the first time I looked.  She's a gorgeous little babby. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Chilly milly thank you, yes she is, sorry added picture later, being a bit o a Luddite it takes me a while to add things like a picture, she certainly is gorgeous and will be the apple of nannies eye. Should be able to have a cuddle this time round as with her sister I had a major shoulder operation and couldn't hold her, might still need some help but I'm sure I be able to manage.

Cor, that's exciting, just went to my profile and found I got a friend, don't know how that happened but thank you Coast :-). Went there as my accountant didn't think that if The tax man looked at my account on here, then putting interests as dodging taxes was advisable :-), I suppose he might have a point, but how did he know? Must be a very small world.

Just to keep on topic, it's the 3 W's warm, wet and windy. Must have had more rain than I thought as the back garden is under water, worrying when you thin we live on top of a hill!

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

Its actually getting pretty windy here. Its windier than i i thought It would be and the rain is coming down harder too .... woah that was a big gust.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

post-9147-0-42175800-1388403680_thumb.jp

Frozen pond in Godmanchester.

This time yesterday, what a difference a day makes!

Edit , really windy now, fence starting to wobble.

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

From a very wet and windy Croydon. I see you're about Chris, hope you're keeping those Snow Cup spreadsheets clear of cobwebs ! Posted Image Lets hope those tentative signs of perhaps some colder weather further down the line, come to fruition, otherwise we'll be looking at multiple penalty shoot-outs! Posted Image

Tom.

• Like 1