Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic Storms over the Christmas & New Year period

stubbys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Met Office are predicting gusts of wind for my location in the mid 70's during Friday, the max gust shown for yesterday on the Met site was 62mph and I recorded 65-67mph. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

EURO4 seems to be going for the more S'ly route now for the tightest squeeze/highest wind speeds. Some worrying strength in that heading towards Ireland

Posted Image

Posted

Much the same approach as the NAE which then goes on to track the centre over the middle of Scotland, heading ENE.

post-9615-0-14159000-1387997679_thumb.gipost-9615-0-92845400-1387997683_thumb.gi

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Much the same approach as the NAE which then goes on to track the centre over the middle of Scotland, heading ENE.

Posted Imagenae33.gifPosted Imagenae333.gif

Further S than NAE and much further S than GFS. N England looks to get a battering

Posted Image

Posted

Looks like we will lose the fence this time, very flimsy after Mondays gales. Looking a lot more severe Midlands northwards this storm. Wouldn't be surprised to see warnings upgraded tomorrow for some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Looks like we will lose the fence this time, very flimsy after Mondays gales. Looking a lot more severe Midlands northwards this storm. Wouldn't be surprised to see warnings upgraded tomorrow for some.

Yes Im fully expecting the Met Office warnings to update tomorrow to reflect the recent output. If not, I'll be shocked lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

Any idea of the winds we would get in the south this time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Any idea of the winds we would get in the south this time?

I'd guess at 40-50mph widespread inland for S England. A windy day for sure, focus at the moment is for Wales, N England and NI still, for 60-70mph widespread gusts

Posted
At the moment Northwood are going along with this from the METO.Another deep area of low pressure developing over the Atlantic Ocean will bring another spellof wet and windy weather across the UK as it tracks northeastwards past northwestern Britainlater on Thursday and during Friday. Wind is expected to increase across the area during Thursdayevening and night. Peak winds are thought most likely to occur during the early hours of Friday and Friday morning with the highest gusts probably being over Irish Sea coastal areas. Relative to recent storms that have affected the UK, Friday's depression is looking less intense and the extent of associated impacts are currently thought to be less severe. However, at this stage there remain some uncertainties concerning the track and depth of this storm and this warning will be re-assessed and updated on Boxing Day.

post-12275-0-02315500-1388000662_thumb.p

post-12275-0-95712800-1388000673_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted

Confused by some of posters re my neck of woods. Some saying major upgrade for winds on way, others not.

For what it's worth at the moment I would stick with the senior forecaster at the METO and follow his advice about keeping a sharp eye out for updates, especially tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

For what it's worth at the moment I would stick with the senior forecaster at the METO and follow his advice about keeping a sharp eye out for updates, especially tomorrow.

Thanks, will do. Hoping METO right and things not too bad here.

Posted

Thanks, will do. Hoping METO right and things not too bad here.

Current thinking but as I say it's so dependent on the track of the low watching the updates is vital. Personally I'm quite hopeful of the NE track.

post-12275-0-62232800-1388004130_thumb.j

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=6

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

all i  can say  there  no let  up till Jan 11 of the  constant rain  and storms  which  wont help the  flooding here in the UK  

ps  nasty looking  storms  down south  of  the  uk at  the  moment  not what they need  down there at  the moment

Edited by tinybill
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted

Oh dear, that would cause some major problems... 

post-9615-0-42026900-1388008669_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-98495400-1388008800_thumb.gi

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 3

Posted

Oh dear, that would cause some major problems... 

Posted Imagegfs44.pngPosted Imagegfs009.gif

NAE intensifying and pulling it further S than its 12z run. N England looks to be in the firing line. 70MPH looks fairly widespread- 80MPH more than possible.

• Like 5

Posted

NAE intensifying and pulling it further S than its 12z run. N England looks to be in the firing line. 70MPH looks fairly widespread- 80MPH more than possible.

And not before time. But I guess we'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (or summat like that) - again.

Posted

You could be tight there.

post-9615-0-49123300-1388009620_thumb.gi NAE

post-9615-0-01799100-1388009758_thumb.pn GFS gust chart 6am Friday.

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 2

Posted

After seeing the risk for Scotland earlier today/ yesterday, I'm surprised to see a shift southward a today! Metoffice have my location for 50+mph gusts, for an inland location, pretty high.

Looks like this is going to be a rough ride for N England especially.

Merry Christmas by the way!

• Like 1

Posted

BRING IT BYIATCH :)

Hope everyone had a good xmas :)