Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

It passes through quick then. Still waiting for the rain here. When its buggered off I'm going for a walk along the river :)

Posted

looking at the radar it seems heavier over my home (SE18) than it did here in St James. will be walking the dog in wellies me thinks :)

(thats me wearing the wellies; not the dog :p )

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Looks like a squall line on radar

• Like 1

I wonder if it would be possible to have a snow buddy in Canada or the North USA (seem to remember in the days before the internet I had a pen pal at school) we could then use them to measure snow depths for us and use that in the Snow Depth Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25557032

Anyone know of the Canada weather forum linkPosted Image

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

It passes through quick then. Still waiting for the rain here. When its buggered off I'm going for a walk along the river Posted Image

Yep! Wasen't here long at all - about 1 hour prior it was a perfect blue sky with just a breeze and 10c, perfect for a quick run!! Light rain now and grey. Yuck!

Posted

Squall line  is  getting very intense as  it  head   in

looks  like Sussex,Kent are  in  for  it again 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

I have just got in from work,i think i`d be drier if i got in the bath!

Absolutely tipping it down and there`s moi riding about swearing at anything that moves to try make myself feel better......Now where`s that damm brandy! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

That squall line has decayed some what

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

another heavy burst of rain here, these showers are short but rather potent when they arrive.

Posted

Time to book a holiday methinks.

time to get ready to go home me thinks :D

i see the rain is heading eastwards, same direction i am travelling home. fortunately my bus will be slower than the rain clouds. :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

Posted

Ewww, just checking the BBC webcam for Parliament Square. see how busy it is when i get out of here. And there are a load of toilets lined up alonside the houses of parliament!

perhaps someone has finally realised how much BS comes out of that place!

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/travelnews/national/trafficcameras/transportforlondon/0000106501/serveimage

Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth & West Sussex

Another spell of unsettled weather is expected on Friday with further wet and windy conditions likely across western areas in particular. Tides will be very high, and the public should be aware of the risk of flooding, particularly in coastal districts.

Issued at:

1217 on Tue 31 Dec 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 3 Jan 2014

Valid to:

2100 on Fri 3 Jan 2014

A developing Atlantic low pressure system is expected to move northeastwards just to the west of Scotland on Friday. This will push further bands of locally heavy rain across the UK and has the potential to bring some very strong winds to parts of the country.

Rain will fall on saturated ground, whilst strong winds and lowering pressure will combine with high tides around the UK coastline. This leads to the risk of some flooding, particularly in coastal areas where some very large waves are likely.

There is currently a lot of uncertainty about the depth and track of extent of the low, and this alert is likely to be updated in the coming days.

Posted

Time to book a holiday methinks.

funnily enough, have today booked the summer holiday...... earlier booking than normal and entirely driven by this awful weather!

AS

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Afternoon everyone!

After the excitement last night, I think we will be spending a quiet evening in watching the telly.

EA have rung - rain from mid-day tomorrow onwards for Kent and Sussex getting progressively heavier.....also 30mm currently forecast for saturday although I note the met office warning is for friday. River Mole already on flood alert.

Talking of toilets...the pumping station has now had 5 sets of contractors attend in the last 24hours and it is still not working. Just waiting for no 6 to arrive who will also be unable to do anything because

a) they do not have the right keys

Posted Image the chamber was full of water and they didn't have the kit to pump it out

c )they don;t understand German

d) they have the wrong expertise - its now a mechanical not an electrical problem

e) there are no drawings/installation diagrams

This is aside from the ones that never arrived because the location of the pump is incorrectly shown as 400yds away on the central plans.

You couldn't make it up! I've now been told that until it is fixed I have to go out every 2 hours to manually operate it.....Posted Image

Happy New Year everyone!! Hope you all stay warn and dry .....and that JP doesn't run out of saucepans!

xxxl

• Like 1

Posted

Aww no PP that is not good, hope they can get it sorted for you.

You are correct there is a Met O warning for us for tomorrow in addition to the one on Friday. Not good. I hope you don't get problems with all the rain.

Posted

Enjoy tonight everyone, whatever you are doing!

I'm obviously just taking it really easy, but annoyingly, the toaster broke earlier so Southernman has had to go and get another one, luckily the sales are on.

Weather is very wet, not too windy, very gloomy.Don't think I would want to go out in this anyway.

See you all next year!!!!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

hope you all have a good  night if your going to London  to-night radar saying there could be some heavy showers there so keep dry!!

Posted

Good Evening all,

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas - I ate far too much - as the scales told me at my slimming club on Saturday... Posted Image   

The weather has really been dismal the past week off work.  We took a drive to Rochester today - probably not the best of ideas in the rain!

I hope you all have a Happy New Year and enjoy celebrating tonight.  We are staying in with a few drinkies - got an early start tomorrow what with it being my daughters 13th Birthday and her chomping at the bit to open her pressies!

Have a good one all - lets hope 2014 is a good one (and includes lots of snow!) Posted Image 

• Like 3