Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A very happy new year to all members in our corner of the world! Posted Image

I hope everyone had a happy & peaceful time over the festive period

Well, it's certainly been a wet start to 2014 with copious amounts of rain, even some thunder and lightning for a lucky few, but also sadly, more flooding concerns for many in our region. Let's hope the weather gods bring us first some drier weather and then plenty of snow over the coming weeks!

Here's a new thread for the new year for all your weather related discussion and banter Posted Image

old thread here -------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78770-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-151213-18z/page-50

• Like 5

Posted

There must be thunder...so in other words you mean you can't hear it.

So I called it a violent shower and  not a thunderstorm.

'Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future'

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Wet and windy here again today but personally i'm not bothered as I like windy weather minus all of the rain.

35mph max on the house today, nothing compared to the 49mph that happened twice during that storm a week or so ago.

Posted

Walked outside for the first time today, still light rainfall, currently 17.9mm since 9am.

I do wonder IF during the life of this thread, whether we will talk about anything other than rain & gales?

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

Walked outside for the first time today, still light rainfall, currently 17.9mm since 9am.

I do wonder IF during the life of this thread, whether we will talk about anything other than rain & gales?

Nope

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Just managed a blustery 20 minute walk around the village, it's still blowing a hoolie, but it's not raining currently.  Temperature showing 11.4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Had the mother of all downpours at about 5pm. Haven't seen rain like that in quite a while! Had 21.5mm so far today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well pretty wild day today. Had 23.1mm so far today, sea was very rough down at Durly Chine, front row seats eating my New Year's Day dinner at the Harvester, I could happily if sat there all day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Absolutely lashing it down, with mix of hail aswell 

Rumble of thunder aswell

I'm not hearing things then......said to my kids that I could've sworn I heard thunder a short while ago

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Posted
Nasty Cyclonic, seems to be the general theme across the Region. Friday won't be fun on the coast, flooding inevitable in places

Posted

Well pretty wild day today. Had 23.1mm so far today, sea was very rough down at Durly Chine, front row seats eating my New Year's Day dinner at the Harvester, I could happily if sat there all day.

One of the few times in the year when you can sit there, minimum grockles.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Dry and sunny today Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Ended up with 25.1mm yesterday, 6.3mm today from overnight showers.

Beautiful blue skies currently 8.6C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

What a wet few days! 10.8mm fell in the last few hours of new years eve, 4mm from overnight showers, but the wind skewed yesterday's results on my Davis, had to check the manual gauge, it's showing a fraction below 50mm, I emptied it on new years eve, in the day. December went out at 198mm, making it the wettest month since I've been recording rain (2008) I'm sure that reading is below what actually fell here.

Regarding Friday's area of low pressure, the environment agency are doing overtime! Possible Amber warning because of the timing of the tides and a new moon/spring tide Wareham quay was flooded in to the carpark last night, the old granary restaurant had their flood door closed as the water was lapping up to it, this is all before the flood waters from further up the Frome make it down to the tidal bit, the causeway between Wareham and Stoborough will be flooded for sure!

Currently sunny and 9.8C

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

15.0mm Precipitation yesterday.  Dry today with sunshine. Partially cloudy.  Southerly Breeze 3.6km/h. Pressure 1006.9 hpa. Temperature 7.9c. Felt cool when shopping at 08:am...

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted

Is this the right place to post? I wondering if this is the thread for devon? reason I ask? I will be down there late april/early may (devon cliffs) for a holiday and I wondering if anybody in general has a idea of roughly what type of weather is typical for the time of year?

Posted

Environment Agency spokeswoman let slip on the beeb news a few minutes ago that Cornwall, Devon, would be in-line for severe flood warnings later on today as a result of high tides.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nice that between the ridiculous amounts of rain, the clear spells are more often than not coming during the day - nice and sunny again though that might be about to end for a few days as of tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, storms

Safe to say tomorrow morning should be interesting here in Guernsey. High winds and a spring tide around 8am will guarantee some heavy coastal flooding. Will be venturing out to take some pics and vids.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The showers have arrived but so has my Netatmo station! :D

I'm gonna make a Stevenson screen for the outdoor module over the weekend, it's in the porch right now so then readings are a tad higher than outside.

post-15177-0-91296400-1388674874_thumb.p

• Like 2