Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

50 doomiest images of 2013

knocker

Posted

2013 served up some of the most spectacular doom imagery yet, as historic flooding and wildfire events proliferated globally. Poachers continued to drive megafauna, like elephants and rhinos, to extinction, providing plenty of heartbreaking pictures. Loggers razed ever more forest habitat, slaughtering wildlife wholesale and leaving a only few traumatized survivors for us to witness in photographs

http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2014/01/50-doomiest-images-of-2013.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A white rhino after it was dehorned at the ranch of John Hume, a South African entrepreneur who now owns more than 800 rhinos, with names like Curly, Titan, Hillary, and Pinocchio, and has amassed a 2,000-pound mountain of horn worth millions of dollars. Photo: Joao Silva / The New York Times

post-12275-0-50797900-1388736817_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Was looking forward to this, but seeing as it's animals included, and that image you have posted, I think i'll give this a miss, too distressing & wan't to remain ignorant to it.... Thanks though !

• Like 1

Posted

Was looking forward to this, but seeing as it's animals included, and that image you have posted, I think i'll give this a miss, too distressing & wan't to remain ignorant to it.... Thanks though !

I'll second that - the one picture of the rhino is absolutely heartbreaking and I couldn't stomach any more. Sorry for appearing soft...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

This is why I gave up on FB. Too many images of animals in the most terrible distress. I know people who post the images mean well, and we should know what's going on, but this is one instance where 'Show, don't tell' is a no-no for me.