Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just opened the door to put a bag of recycling out and it is tipping it down out there (decided putting the rubbish out can wait till later)

Posted

Got the news on in the background and just seen the footage from places like Portland in Dorset and Wales, and it is still not over yet, really hoping a long calm spell of dry weather gets to the UK soon, not been able to get down to the local wetlands and parks to see what the situation is like there since the current spell of wet weather arrived.  (part of my art project is drawing/painting areas of the Nene Valley as some of you may know, you can see some of the places I have been documenting on film over the last decade to work from here http://www.nenevalley.net/worldclass-wildlife/ )

Bit lighter out (but not much) and can see out the window that it is still raining here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Yes its becoming very hard to believe that any harsh cold is coming to us.

BUT both 1947 and 1963 had mild stormy Decembers preceding their cold spells which started around mid January in both cases.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning regionaires, how are we then?

Posted Image

Didn't seem so bad here (what I saw/heard of it) and it isn't actually raining at the moment! I don't think this lull will last long:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like plenty more rain on it's way this morning:

Posted Image

Wind gusts relatively moderate for now:

Posted Image

The next monster doesn't really awaken until Sunday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not so bad for us, but I think we are becoming battle hardened now:

Posted Image

Keep your heads down and your powder dry! 

• Like 3

Posted

Just went to make a second attempt at taking the rubbish out, opened the door and closed it again, with me still inside, still raining here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Quite quiet here. Have had quite a bit of rain over .right. Front drive flooded and sunroom leaking again, but not too badly.

Get a feeling we might just miss it this time.

Stay safe everyone.

Posted

It's overcast but dry here with some occasional gusty bits. Not too bad overall. Looks much nastier to the west on the radar. The more active blobs coming up the channel seem to be aiming for Dorset / Hampshire which will then take them to the west of London.

Have a good and a safe day all.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning

It was pouring in Reigate overnight as the test match went, appropriately enough, down yet another plughole.  It's currently stopped but the garden is a swamp.  Will be attempting to stake the leaning tree today, amongst other fun activities....

Have a good weekend all

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Well I think even the chickens/ ducks have had enough of this weather I went to put them away last night and where as they usually take themselves to bed so I just have to lock it last night I opened the back door to find them all standing thre trying to come in to the house!

Any way odd showers here what with that and after a night shift and one more to go I figured today is a day for pjs and staying in the warm and dry!!

Edited by hernebaylooby
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Portsmouth, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Oxfordshire, Reading & Buckinghamshire

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Thurrock & Hertfordshire

A spell of heavy rain is likely to affect southern parts of England during the first half of Saturday, clearing eastwards early in the afternoon. A further 20 to 30 mm of rain is likely in places and much of this could fall within a 6-hour period. Further heavy showers may move eastwards later on Saturday.

The public should be aware of the risk of further localised surface water flooding and disruption to travel.

This is an update to the Warning issued earlier on Friday to extend the yellow area a little further north.

This warning has been updated to include southwest England.

Issued at:

2245 on Fri 3 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0200 on Sat 4 Jan 2014

Valid to:

1200 on Sat 4 Jan 2014

A developing frontal system will move northeastwards across England and Wales on Saturday. The heaviest rain is likely to be across southern areas where, with ground already saturated, further localised flooding is likely.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=BD6FEB14-C89C-538D-EF92-57D0B61910FF_5_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388793600

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Quick question, none of the models are showing a major freeze coming up with JP and others putting Fi around the 10/1 , so where do the express get there info from

Posted

Quick question, none of the models are showing a major freeze coming up with JP and others putting Fi around the 10/1 , so where do the express get there info from

James Madden of Exacta Weather is always a prime source for the Express - complete nonsense of course

https://twitter.com/JMadden_Weather

• Like 1

Posted

Was going to read my zombie iBook this evening 

If it is a good one can you let me know the title? Always on the look out for a good book to read.

all is calm here, no weather, heard some wind overnight, it seems things were very bad on other coasts, heard this morning of a boy missing from the seawall, and was interested to hear that a whole ichthysaur fossil was found after the cliff face washed away in Dorset.

• Like 1

Posted

Southend seafront gets covered by big puddle, or as the Echo like to call it, 'takes a battering'.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have seen this area in the Echo, it seems they made some really wide area on the seafront which has led to flooding and walkers not knowing where the road is and so getting run over, and it cost millions.Nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Cloudy but bright in deepest Ippy. Not as cold today either.

Any more storms in the queue for the week-end?

Have a good day, all. :)

Posted

Morning all

Working from home today, which is just as well, been up since 04:30 chatting on the "white phone" in the bathroom Posted Image

Don't say you have lurgy? Feel better soon.

ooer, wonder if its catching through talking to someone online?

Posted

(a whole ichthysaur fossil was found after the cliff face washed away in Dorset.)

Ah well....there you are then. Its an ill wind and all that. Wish I'd found it.

• Like 1

Posted

(a whole ichthysaur fossil was found after the cliff face washed away in Dorset.)Ah well....there you are then. Its an ill wind and all that. Wish I'd found it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-25578510

Here is the article of it - its a beautiful fossil, wish i'd found it too.With my exboyfriend, we found a fossilised fern in a rock on a beach once.Wonder what else is concealed in the rocks?

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-25578510 Here is the article of it - its a beautiful fossil, wish i'd found it too.With my exboyfriend, we found a fossilised fern in a rock on a beach once.Wonder what else is concealed in the rocks?

Yes, indeed. Isn't that coast known as The Jurassic Coast? Maybe a Velocaraptor or T Rex fossil will fall out next:) Now that WOULD be cool.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Portsmouth, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Oxfordshire, Reading & Buckinghamshire

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Thurrock & Hertfordshire

A spell of heavy rain is likely to affect southern parts of England during the first half of Saturday, clearing eastwards early in the afternoon. A further 20 to 30 mm of rain is likely in places and much of this could fall within a 6-hour period. Further heavy showers may move eastwards later on Saturday.

The public should be aware of the risk of further localised surface water flooding and disruption to travel.

This is an update to the Warning issued earlier on Friday to extend the yellow area a little further north.

This warning has been updated to include southwest England.

Issued at:

2245 on Fri 3 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0200 on Sat 4 Jan 2014

Valid to:

1200 on Sat 4 Jan 2014

A developing frontal system will move northeastwards across England and Wales on Saturday. The heaviest rain is likely to be across southern areas where, with ground already saturated, further localised flooding is likely.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=BD6FEB14-C89C-538D-EF92-57D0B61910FF_5_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388793600

So it will come to us at some point then may be, we got lucky in east kent last night by the look of the radar.