Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Slippery clay increased impact of 2011 Japan tsunami

knocker

Posted

A science team searching for what turned the 2011 Japan tsunami into one of the most devastating disasters in history has turned up some surprising results, and has revealed other parts of the world where similar disasters may occur in the future.

https://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/channels/news/deep-sea-study-reveals-cause-2011-tsunami-231954

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I have a feeling that this is what will get us in the end a tsunami larger than people expect from the area that gave us our last one in 1755. The Lisbon earthquake.

Clay could well be a factor here. If we get a Mag 9 quake in that area the South coast of the UK could get a 10 meter tsunami instead of the 2-4 meters we got in parts of the West country then after a Mag 8.5

I have noticed that the scientists have raised the Mag 8.5 estimation for Lisbon 1755 to a possible Mag 9 in recent years. They know alright.

We are about as safe as a pile of tissue paper here an the Isle of Wight B/W Posted Image  My house is 17m asl, believe it or not I considered tsunami when I bought it in 2008 I considered flood plain inundation as well.....

The reason is, I have had occasional dreams about tsunami since 1960's, I trust my instincts.

Posted

I have a feeling that this is what will get us in the end a tsunami larger than people expect from the area that gave us our last one in 1755. The Lisbon earthquake.

Clay could well be a factor here. If we get a Mag 9 quake in that area the South coast of the UK could get a 10 meter tsunami instead of the 2-4 meters we got in parts of the West country then after a Mag 8.5

I have noticed that the scientists have raised the Mag 8.5 estimation for Lisbon 1755 to a possible Mag 9 in recent years. They know alright.

We are about as safe as a pile of tissue paper here an the Isle of Wight B/W Posted Image  My house is 17m asl, believe it or not I considered tsunami when I bought it in 2008 I considered flood plain inundation as well.....

The reason is, I have had occasional dreams about tsunami since 1960's, I trust my instincts.

After this year with all the flooding coastal flooding it makes you wonder we`re only a small island and its getting smaller with all the erosion,and all these immigrants coming in there will be no room at the inn.

Sorry slightly gone off topic.Posted Image

• Like 1