Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Yes please.

Well there's no point in me doing them

I can do them, but you may get more sense from Cbeebies TBH.

EDIT!  its raining still (bugger, do not want to be deleted!!!)

Edited by Jax
  • Like 5

Posted

A big A0 one? with lamp on an arm? I had one of those (if you did) they was proper days thems was.

yep one of those. was a design engineer for my sins. before the days of CAD. went on to CAD using CADDS 4X which was 3d wireframe drawing. modelled many an air traffic control tower and airfield navigation aids for the RAF when worked for MoD. those were the days!!!

Posted Image  sorry AJ, off topic.... :D

• Like 4

Posted

yep one of those. was a design engineer for my sins. before the days of CAD. went on to CAD using CADDS 4X which was 3d wireframe drawing. modelled many an air traffic control tower and airfield navigation aids for the RAF when worked for MoD. those were the days!!!

Posted Image  sorry AJ, off topic.... Posted Image

I will quote you so we remember you Posted Image

and it is still raining, but it does seem to be easing ( so I expect it will be ice scraper dancing in the morning then)

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Evening all, Hope everyone well. Has been raining ALL Bleedin day and still going. However could be worse.....If your James Madden..You should see the stick that guy is getting on twitter, Cant post comments in here...Way to graphic. Funny thing is he is still stating Tonight,Snow for the weekend onwards and that all output is not picking up the correct signals.Posted Image

Lol I wish he didn't think that cause it's what I think lol. The ukmo is moving the block further west, I think it may stick to that signal, which would make the outcome of the low different.

Hi, hopefully can answer this.

Basically today's low sinking S/SE into France is taking this route due to trough disruption, i.e., Altantic trough which moved in this weekend disrupted into a cut off upper low sliding SE into Europe because of a block to the E/NE - the surface low following the upper low S/SE.

Friday's deepening low is also a product of another Atlantic upper trough moving SE out of Greenland, the low deepening on the forward side of the upper trough. But this time the upper trough doesn't disrupt rather moves SE then swings NE, because the block to our east has moved further away, so the deep low, which tends to follow the contour of the upper trough moves NE rather than SE.

Hope that makes sense, but basically surface lows tend to follow the upper flow, so on a 500mb/surface pressure chart, it follows the blues/purple colour contours which reperesent the 500mb geopotential height.

The block moving further away to the east in a nutshell why Friday/Sat low doesn't follow same route.

Thanks nick.

• Like 2

Posted

Hope you feel better soon, just looked out and it seems it is not raining right now.Very very cold now.

Wonder if we will get snow overnight? I know its unlikely.I won't look for it in the middle of the night deliberately like i did last time, i'll just see what's there tomorrow.If anything.

I'm very very tired tonight so i might turn in quite soon.

thanks JJ. anti biotics starting to work now. so hopefully back to 100% in few more days.

good idea to not stay up overnight... always so great to wake up to a suprise. with the weather that is :winky: :D

Posted

I will quote you so we remember you Posted Image

and it is still raining, but it does seem to be easing ( so I expect it will be ice scraper dancing in the morning then)

quick! while AJ is not about... anyone know the footy scores??? :lol:

see its raining at white hart lane... raining goals too by the looks of it

• Like 5

Posted

ok better do these properly tonight

but i think you can guess what comes next

tonight watch the radar later

and see if it gets colder

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

different to yesterday

a mainly south easterly flow

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

one of those set ups which is tricky

if we can tug at some of the cold uppers close by

we may see some wintry showers

however i have to call rain here as that looks likely to be the form horse at present

temps around 4-7 degrees but will drop in any showers

Posted Image

Posted Image

one consolation it looks dryer than today

but with only localised heavier bursts

expect fog to be an issue in the morning

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a variable flow but very weak

temps

Posted Image

should avoid a frost as looks cloudy drizzly muck

if you are lucky and get clear skys a frost will be possible

mist and fog looks likely

rainfall

Posted Image

as above

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

starts dry and stays that way until mid pm

winds increasing to a strong south westerly

temps

Posted Image

around 5-6 degrees

rain

Posted Image

now if you look at the fax

you see a warm front-cold-cold front incoming with various airmasses

these look likely to hit us overnight

fax for friday night

Posted Image

i can see problems here

wind strong south westerly

rain

Posted Image

very heavy and looks to last most if not all of the night

could see some very gusty winds

and i would not be surprised to see another gust front move through with this

watch for flash floods as well

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

not cold

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

need to update that later as need sundays fax to go with it

so sorry guys

1 word

YUK

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Lol I wish he didn't think that cause it's what I think lol. The ukmo is moving the block further west, I think it may stick to that signal, which would make the outcome of the low different.

I know, But ironically if it pans out that way There could be a few with egg on there face and big apologise's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

not cold

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

need to update that later as need sundays fax to go with it

so sorry guys

1 word

YUK

Thanks anyway JP

I wish I hadn't asked

(facepalm)

• Like 3

Posted

I hope the mods are not going to clamp down, or how can I put it, I will be in deep ...., no doubt you can work it out.I spent the first 7 years of my working life including the 3 day week (told you I was old) slaving over a A0 drawing board, with the angle pose light and in my last few years an electric rubber, beat that, also had the weighted straight edge, they knew how to look after me. The games of cricket and football we had in that drawing office (over 70 of us) was legendary, I suppose we did some work but I really don't remember any. ......Its raining out, although I thought I could see a bit of sleet, probably not but I wanted to register something in the snow cup :-) MAF a hint from a professional non conformist, if you mention the weather you normally get away with it. It's still raining, promise to behave myself tonight, sorry everyone.

mate, after 10 years here i know all about conforming... never have done though :lol:

my drawing office was in building 22 in the royal arsenal west site, for a while. before we had a new modern one built within our own building. the special signals unit. which is no longer there in the arsenal site :( .

i was actually in the arsenal on monday. its now a posh apartment building :rolleyes: and the old army stores is now my doctors surgery. how times change.

Oh, and cricket or footy were both played across the boards. :D :D

electric rubber eh? that hard bit of rubber that made a hole in the sheet if used too much. and my pet hate. i still have a full set of rotring pens. unopened in the box. and an eraser guard, and scalpel which was used for scraping the drawing film copies to make amendments.

...... slight precipitation here :winky: :D

• Like 2

Posted

quick! while AJ is not about... anyone know the footy scores??? Posted Image

see its raining at white hart lane... raining goals too by the looks of it

Woooe Tiger, Keep it Friendly. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

hi jason

im an arsenal fan

bit of pleasure and pain there for me Posted Image

Don't like this

Lol

hi jason

im an arsenal fan

Not your fault jp

Your great at fax charts if that helps

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Hole template, stencils, erasing shield, rotring pens 0.7, 0.35 and 0.18, still got em all somewhere. Didn't have an electric rubber, though, just endless scratching out on film with razor blades - loads of mistakes. Then when I started work there was the Friday afternoon sprint to Kall Kwik printers for the dyelines before the post went at 6pm. What a nightmare, I remember even jamming the door open so that they couldn't close the shop because we were running late.

Even found some of my structural detailing course work from 1984/5 in Mum and Dad's loft recently. It was really good to look over it. All rubbish now of course.

Is it still raining?

• Like 1

Posted

hi jason

im an arsenal fan

must admit I am not a footy person but always remember as a kid seeing the team training down bell lane (my uncle is a fan mind and he lives round the corner so to speak)

Oh it has stopped raining I think.

• Like 1

Posted

must admit I am not a footy person but always remember as a kid seeing the team training down bell lane (my uncle is a fan mind and he lives round the corner so to speak)

Oh it has stopped raining I think.

The rain has turned to Snow Jax Thats why its gone quite.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Considering all the rain reports tonight, my conservatory roof, usually my first indication of precipitation, has been silent. I've just gone out there to check and can report that it is actually raining very quietly this evening

• Like 1