Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

A.J

Posted

4.0C here in Hull, really miss home, not felt this way since I came here in September. The weather is constantly miserable here and it has a detrimental effect on your mood, maybe I should have realised the east coast is generally dyer during the Autumn/Winter. 

Hi PS,

My wife suffers at this time of year, very much like SAD syndrome, but a bit later in the year.  On an off chance I bought a SAD light from Maplins, could be placebo effect, but she's much better

• Like 3

Posted

4.0C here in Hull, really miss home, not felt this way since I came here in September. The weather is constantly miserable here and it has a detrimental effect on your mood, maybe I should have realised the east coast is generally dyer during the Autumn/Winter. 

I'm actually considering Hull as a University option in September.. Maybe the weather will sway my decision! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Really don't get why people are wasting time wanting to stay up, even IF it does snow, it's going to be no more than a brief dusting which will melt quickly. I'd rather conserve myself and sleep so I can go to work tomorrow rather than be exhausted in the morning. Where did you go MK?

An you can't tell me you haven't been waiting for snow this whole winter so far?? No need to put a downer on it for ppl, even if I see a flake I'm guna be happy so at least be happy for the ppl who will actually wait up for the snow.. It's a waiting game as has been since day one of winter an now here we are with the right things in place maybe not everything but it's something! Have some faith.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all Posted Image

busy doing the housey stuff (no one else here to do it just moi so had to oblige)

snow has been mentioned (and yay for countryfile) will it be white in the morning? (not waiting up all night for it that is for sure)

Edited by Jax

Posted

Evening all Posted Image

busy doing the housey stuff (no one else here to do it just moi so had to oblige)

snow has been mentioned (and yay for countryfile) will it be white in the morning? (not waiting up all night for it that is for sure)

o  dear mod  thread not happy  when are  they!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

o  dear mod  thread not happy  when are  they!!!

are they ever happy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I very much doubt I will see any snowflakes tonight, but I have been and checked my ladders so that I can polish the lamppost glass if I have to. Posted Image

Its been so awful weatherwise today I threw in the towel and went shopping in Kingston. Things have to be bad before I go there. Got soaked between the Cotswold shop and John Lewis. All I had to show for the episode was a soaking, a non stick baking tray, a grumpy six year old child and a hefty parking bill.

And work tomorrow... ho hum.

A cold spell with snow would cheer me up no end. Until then, chocolate and wine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Current.

Posted Image Clear   Wind Chill: -4°   Ceiling: Unl Heat Index: 2°   Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: 0°   Wind: 17mph Humidity: 87%   Direction: 260° (W) Pressure: 29.26"   Gusts: NA

Posted

I just took the bins up the drive and it's a lovely clear night, at least for the while, and 4C. I'm hoping that the wind doesn't pick up, or else I'll have to nail my 17-year old lad to the wheelie bin to stop it flying away. He is looking for work experience as part of his college course....

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Hi guys, does anyone have a link to the Countryfile forecast, as I missed it? Cheers x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

An you can't tell me you haven't been waiting for snow this whole winter so far?? No need to put a downer on it for ppl, even if I see a flake I'm guna be happy so at least be happy for the ppl who will actually wait up for the snow.. It's a waiting game as has been since day one of winter an now here we are with the right things in place maybe not everything but it's something! Have some faith.

Of course, Ryan. I adore snow and lampost watch with everyone else. And if you're happy to stay up and watch for one flake, then fair enough. All I'm saying is it will be a few flakes if we're lucky. I'm not putting a downer on things, if anything I'm being realistic and not making this into something it's not thus ending in disappointment.I'd love to see a full on blizzard, but based on NW history people have stayed up and been knackered and frustrated in the morning when the chances of snow have been far, far higher than tonight.I love snow, but staying up to maybe see a flake seems nonsensical to me. But I genuinely do wish all those who are staying up success and I would love to be proved wrong. Edited by Lauren
  • Like 6

Posted

Hi guys, does anyone have a link to the Countryfile forecast, as I missed it? Cheers x

Sorry Scrat, I don't, but in potted form it went like this: showers tonight, perhaps wintry, back to sleet then rain tomorrow in the south, rain around on Tues and Weds turning colder Thursday onwards but cloudy and mostly dry, chance of wintry flurries, about 5/6c, at the end the forecaster Nina Ridge said they were very confident the Atlantic was coming back after the end of the week but not quite sure when.I still love your Ruskin quote by the way!AS
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still 6c here, not expecting snow, will be up if it happens though, always up late on a sunday making sure the house is sorted proper after my kids trash it over the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

tomorrow

Posted Image

cold north west to west wind and will be breezy but not too strong

rainfall

Posted Image

some showers around

however there will be some dryer bits as well

there may be some mist and fog locally tomorrow morning

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cold and feeling cold in the wind

around 5 - 6 degrees

if we get any heavy showers during the day something wintry may be seen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a north west to west wind

gusty as well

rainfall

Posted Image

looks like it will dry out in most areas

temps

Posted Image

this is one of them where

if clear you will see a frost

if not cold and fog likely

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a cold and breezy south west flow

rain

Posted Image

some showery bits around

there may be some heavier bits re the fax but will update that tomorrow

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

a raw and cold day

around 5 degrees and will likely drop in any heavier showers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday night

Posted Image

a breezy south -south east flow

rain-wintry showers

Posted Image

overnight heavy precipitation possible

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

rain sleet snow thunder

take your pick

this is as far as i am going tonight

will look at 96 and 120 later for reference

regards

john

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here is a weekly forecast from earlier today. Countryfile's was similar. :)

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/69782-weather-in-the-general-media-newspaper-features-etc/page-162#entry2908771

• Like 1