Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thunderstorms I Filmed From The Years 1999 to 2014 by Andrew gough

Posted

Hi I'm Andrew And i live in Walsall West Midlands i love Thunderstorms and have filmed many around the west Midlands,

i have compiled a playlist of Thunderstorms dating from 1999-2014 and will add more and more as time goes on.

the first few videos was filmed using the old taped version camcorder so the quality isent that good but still worth a look.

hope you enjoy them any comments would be appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLComnol4IhSMNVxB1_Eo1DvkFYmul_nN4

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Brilliant footage mate. Im sure somebody somewhere had a video of the 3rd July 1999 night storm over E England. That is one of many during that time that stood out as a monster. Also remember around 3-6th July 2001 there being a severe outbreak of storms and an MCS too. Hope this summer sees similar events. by the looks of it, we have entered a more typical 90's theme of weather and storms already seem to be on the up even though its January haha.

Posted

Hey Stormguy, nice collection of storm vids there. I've come across a couple before and enjoyed them. I'm just watching the July 5 '99 vid, if only to remind myself of what storms used to be like lol. Quick question, the 2005 storm: can you remember the date this was taken? I know there was an outbreak of severe thunderstorms on June 19 that year, but I've often posted on here about a thunderstorm which I think may have occured on May 21st.  To this day I'm not sure if was '05 or '06, or May or June lol.

The 2005 Thunderstorm was on the 24th June 2005

Heres the weather forecast on that day the link is below.

hope this is of some help.

http://youtu.be/IY47kxqR98I

If you cant remember what year it was then look at this YouTube channel its got every weather forcast you can think of the links below to that.

I've narrowed it down to just the Thunderstorm forecasts for you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bismuthcadmium/search?query=thunderstorms+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Fantastic collection of vids there! I've spent many minutes recently watching them. 

Posted
Developing Thunderstorms At Bloxwich West Midlands,5-7-1999

This Is the start of Stationary Thunderstorms which happened on 5th July 1999,
the start of the video you slowly start to see the cloud above my house beginning to develop into a Active Thunderstorm,you also can hear thunder from other developing cells near by.The Thunderstorm above the house starts to get electrified around the 11 minutes mark so for those of you who just want to get straight to the action then forward to that time.And For The loudest crack forward to the 22 minutes mark. Theres plenty of loud cracks of thunder.Was recorded with a taped video camcorder so quality not great but still worth a watch.
Enjoy.

Edited by STORMGUY
  • Like 1

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F