Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Wow, what a great post Tamara!  I've not visited the MOD for a long while and therefore I've missed out on the beauty of your informative posts.  I'm sorry you've been subject to some crap over the last few weeks, but from a purely selfish point of view, I'm so pleased to know that I can personally benefit from your decision to settle here in this thread. :)

Roll on next Saturday. :)

• Like 7

Posted

Not been out so no idea if it is cold now (forecast was yes though) and I have no reason to go out either so will not know until tomorrow Posted Image

I did go out but that was still during daylight just after the rain stopped and that was hours ago.

I'm Confused.com.

So, as the comedian Micky Flanagan may have said,  "You went OUT, but you didn't go OUT OUT Posted ImagePosted Image .

Just catching up on some of my recorded tv programmes here this morning and I'm currently watching Channel 4's 'The storms that stole Christmas'.

It's actually quite good as far as weather related programmes go and worth catching up on if you haven't seen it yet.

What strikes me most is the sheer resillience of some folk, and the abject stupidity of others. Human nature at it's best and worst.

Well the sun is breaking through quite nicely here in the suburbs so I wish all you good folk a nice weekend, and later on today I will be raising a glass or two to celebrate the arrival of the Meteorological  Spring, whilst watching my team hopefully beat our near neighbours in Sw London. Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Hello all, my god that sun is getting noticeably stronger now! 

Looking at the charts at the moment, I can see a record breaking warm March coming to fruition. GFS showing 18c widely towards FI !! Wouldn't be surprised to see a local 20c before this month is out if things keep trending the way they are! 

Anyway, hope everyone has a dandy weekend :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Morning all. It's a reasonable start to the day here, dry and fairly bright so musn't grumble.

Happy St Davids Day to Ruthie and anyone else from that neck of the woods. I wonder if there are any plans afoot to make the eloquent and critically acclaimed AS an honorary Welshman in the not too distant future ? Posted Image

No fog here Ruth, are you sure it's not smoke ?

Defo fog BB! Not now, but we had a thin layer over the park here first thing and it drifted around the patio. We often get fog here in the park whilst other areas in brentford and surrounding areas don't. I suspect our proximity to the field and lake would have summat to do with it.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

fantastic sunny, calm and dry day here, thought I would pop in now the house work has been started etc etc, I have a three day weekend to finish it.

@BB54 what I meant was I had no reason to go out since earlier, so had no idea if it had gotten colder/cooler since then Posted Image  hope that makes more sense? :)

After all the rain yesterday have decided to give the lakes visit a miss as I have already had reports it is a bit of a damp mud bath, shame as the over wintering birds are going :(

I hope you all have a cracking day (and weekend for that matter), I am off out to town (library mainly) for a bracing walk in this magnificent sprint like day, also the blossom seems to have arrived too, it is all looking good for a grand day today.

• Like 2

Hello all, my god that sun is getting noticeably stronger now! 

Looking at the charts at the moment, I can see a record breaking warm March coming to fruition. GFS showing 18c widely towards FI !! Wouldn't be surprised to see a local 20c before this month is out if things keep trending the way they are! 

Anyway, hope everyone has a dandy weekend Posted Image

From their latest update, I don't think the met office see any record breaking temperatures at the moment, slightly above for late March (average 9c to 11c)

UK Outlook for Sunday 16 Mar 2014 to Sunday 30 Mar 2014:

Current indications suggest fairly typical weather conditions for the time of year will continue during the latter half of March. This will mean spells of wet and windy weather, most likely in the north and west, but still some decent sunny spells in between. The best of the drier and brighter conditions are likely to be in the south and east of the UK. Temperatures are most likely to be around or slightly above average for late March, with a risk of overnight frosts and icy patches in the quieter and clearer interludes.

Updated: 1115 on Sat 1 Mar 2014

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Wonderful sunshine and blue sky here in MK 

post-10773-0-80995600-1393676505_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. What a typically spring like day it is right now. Overcast, but bright and slightly chilly but not unbearably so. I am now looking forward to warmer, sunnier weather as most of us here are; but as I keep saying, I did enjoy the high winds and drama of those Atlantic lows.

Hope you all have a wonderful week-end whatever you're doing. And Hapus Dydd Gŵyl Dewi (Happy St David's day) if that's wrong, blame Google translate. :D

post-17085-0-40741100-1393680210_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

A very dissapointing post Tamara, I only counted 22,998 words....youre slipping Posted Image lol x

A lovely day out there today wall to wall.....

Tomorrow isnt looking good which is not good for my bootsale but still gonna enjoy today...

• Like 2

Posted

Afternoon all

WOW!  what a brilliant day it has been, spring arrived on queue it seems ( and I do not see spring until 21st officially )

Flowers, birds, blossom and trees budding, I feel we should put thoughts of any attempt at winter behind us and just embrace spring.

Still sunny and calm (shame it will all go poo in the next few days).

Posted

Thanks for a highly informative and, importantly for me, educational post Tamara.

Rather nice day today with plenty of sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted

Still dry and light, rather nice really

Posted

Still dry and light, rather nice really

I was just thinking the same as it's only just got dark here....(as well as wondering what take-away to get this evening) 

After the relentless wind, rain and misery of the flooding perhaps the Aurora Borealis lighting up the skies of Britain and Ireland this week were a positive sign that weather is going to change to something a bit more Spring like now. Here are my favourite two of the many amazing photos of the ‘Northern Lights’ that were posted on Facebook this week (one of which is my new screen saver after I realised I still had my autumn leaves which were waiting to be changed into something cold, white and fluffy)

post-10773-0-38367100-1393697495_thumb.j

post-10773-0-32613700-1393697527_thumb.j

The good news is that there are signs of some more settled weather now, it looks like high pressure will begin to build from the south from around Wednesday onwards, so hopefully a drier and more settled spell of weather coming up for next weekend (perfect timing for my weekend away in the Cotswolds), this is some way off yet but, by next Friday we could be looking at temperatures as high as those in the right image with high pressure well established over the UK, as shown on the right left image.

post-10773-0-88071000-1393697566_thumb.p

Overall though it does look a positive outlook for those who are sick and tired of the relentless wind and rain that has been an almost constant feature of the winter we that can now wave goodbye to so on that note I think we will wave bye bye to this thread at bit early and I'll open a new season one ..... (link to follow) 

• Like 2

Posted

Just sobbed myself to the end of a film so that would be good

Posted

here it is.....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79592-south-east-england-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-010314/

locking this one up now and hopefully that's it for all the nasty stuff that winter has thrown at us Posted Image

• Like 1