Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

That is a bit harsh about the other half! Posted Image

No other half, Jax. I'm free as a bird. :D In my kingdom, there is one mistress and no master. (Lizzie the First) Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This is from brian gaze from the weatheroutlook regarding next weekends weather.

The irony of ironies is if this could allow wintry showers to develop, and even bring a few flakes of snow down to lower levels where winter remained snow-less. Again I’ll quickly add that I’m not talking about widespread disruptive or accumulating snow. I’m really just flagging up the possibility of an unusual anomaly for some areas; the possibility of the first snow flake of the year arriving in spring!

Posted

tonight

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

dry

Posted Image

not cold

possible mist locally

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a breezy but not strong south west flow

rainfall

Posted Image

most areas dry but light showers moving in slowly from the west late pm

Posted Image

the far east of the region likely to stay dry but cloudy most of the day

temps

Posted Image

around 10 -12 degrees

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a noticeable south west wind maybe getting quite gusty overnight towards morning

rainfall

Posted Image

overnight rain and some heavy moreso the south of our region

morning

Posted Image

still hanging around in the morning for most

possibly the far north east of our region not being to badly effected

temps

Posted Image

around 8 degrees overnight

maybe getting colder than that if you get any clear slots overnight (north east of our region mainly)

will update tuesday soon

• Like 1

Posted

tuesday

Posted Image

winds breezy on a south westerly

easing down as we go through the afternoon

rainfall

Posted Image

going with the fax here

rain clearing by lunchtime

trough likely incoming for the afternoon

giving some squally downpours in the afternoon

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 8 degrees

but could drop quite a bit when the afternoon showers hit

poss hail and thunder there as well

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday night

Posted Image

a cold north westerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

going to call mainly dry but cloudy misty murk especailly coastal regions

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is straight forward

clear sky = frost

cloud = mist

will feel cold either way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a chilly but not strong westerly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

looks like a dry day with some sunny spells

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

reckon a chilly one

6-7 degrees and possibly lower on coasts if you get stuck under a bank of cloud

anyway thats this lot for now

back later with the rest Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Chilly enough to freeze 8 inches of mud solid? Every track around our garden is now impassable - even with a 4x4 - you need a tractor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

been to the next village and been fed and watered, never a bad thing.

Posted

Not certain what's been happening on here today, and to be fair, I don't want to either. Like MK says let's get back to happy weather related regional thread, or in my case the usual rubbish of non weather related posts :-)I don't normally speak about the football games I go to, I do mention the fact that I am going, but today if I get this right will be both weather related and football related. Today I went to see Charlton at the valley where the drainage has collapsed and the water table is only about 10mm below the playing surface, knowing in my heart we where going to lose, but I thought why not go, its a beautiful day, the sun was shining, birds singing and the pitch well I think you can say it was mud, with a few patch of grass, actually reminded me of Surreys pictures of his garden. The game kicked off off eventually half time come round, and the Charlton and QPR Down syndrome teams come onto the pitch, these lads mostly youngster are the absolute highlight, they love the applause and lap it up, they are really fantastic, and be honest this is the second time this year they have been presented to a large crowd. Anyway the game if you where a Charlton fan ended happily with us snatching a 92 minute goal, great joy erupted and I got a kiss from the 18stone bloke who sits behind me when we scored, also got a lovely hug from my boy, he never done that before, all this love and excitement just made me wonder and I don't want this to sound condescending but will the fans of the big TV clubs ever know what today feels like - pure joy, we have suffered a lot of negativity over the past few years & today, no matter how small & insignificant in the football world & possibly even our season, was just a brilliant feeling.Have a great night what's left of it, and enjoy yourself, I have the wine slipped down a treat.

Great post CK. I am a long suffering but happy to be top of the league Chelski fan. I first went with my dad in 85 and loved every minute of it. Now in the days before all seated stadiums and the premier league when Chelsea were still owned by bates. Football was real the life blood if footie was standing on the terraces. Dad throwing his cap in the air when Gavin peacock scored to takes us to wembley for the semi against Luton. Dad didn't get a ticket for the final but I remember him holding onto the wall crying when I got home after the 4-0 thumping by United. Tears in football for the big clubs doesn't happen anymore. Why because football is not the same as it was and why because of money!!!!!!!! Yesterday was gorgeous and am thinking of becoming a welling fan just so I can oh and stand on a terrace again, and make my dad smile upstairs as u throw my hat in the air and catch it.Went to godstone farm today was very impressed bit windy but not too bad....
  • Like 1

Posted

Hello all

Out and about today, after very early rain it dried up and despite a lively breeze it still felt mild as the sense grew that the season is changing. A few hours working outside yesterday, painting replacement fence posts, clearing up storm debris, fixing back climbers that had been blasted from their mountings and become burrowers, walking on the grass without seeing and hearing the water pushed to the surface as my not entirely featherweight footfall pressed down, it really felt like a transformational moment in the year.

Driving this morning to the chalky Heath, me, the 2 youngest and the crazy hound, we had (my choice - they put up with it) 6Music, the Cerys Matthews Sunday 10 - 1 show, full of stuff. They had a chap on who was head of the Shellac 78s club (or something like that) where they collect and play the old 78 rpm records (some of our readers will have no idea what I am on about, sorry!) and Cerys (love her and her musical knowledge) was playing lots of them. We were lucky enough to be in the car as they played a Duke Ellington piece from approx 1928. As the track started then got going my daughter looked at me and said 'what's that noise in the background, are they playing while a fire is burning?' I explained it was the crackle and hiss of old recording techniques, that I thought it added to rather than took away from the music, that it was evocative and wonderful. I asked her what she thought of it and she said that she liked the idea they were playing in front of a fire. Which I suppose, given the way some of those early jazz musicians were ripped off, they were.

It remains very mild here tonight. I have got such a taste for Spring now, can we please have a proper one this year....

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a nice day today, sunny in the morning, clouding over by the afternoon, a slight breeze blowing and very mild. Got snow drops, daffodils and blossom in my garden now, and my neighbors pond seems to be very active, I expect to see some spawn soon.

• Like 1

Posted

thursday

Posted Image

am

heavy quick moving blustery showers

pm looks mainly dry

Posted Image

temps around 8 degrees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

to follow

• Like 1

Posted

friday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

going to wait a bit longer before commenting on that

a couple of more days

it looks like a pretty cold one

im off now

early night for me

goodnight all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

keep up :)

Posted

Brilliant red sky this morning Posted Image I got some pics.

Edited by Biggin

Posted

Morning all, looks dry out. JimmyH thanks for the nice words, why don't you give Welling a go as you suggest, they play a decent standard of football, crowds are fairly good and off course you will have a lot of local derbies to watch. I went on a Charlton fan Internet site, yesterday and there was a whole thread on the subject of dads being cuddle by their sons, for the first time in many years, just because some over paid footballer put the ball into a net, amazing some of the stories where classics.

I think I might get into trouble today on here, the funniest thing I can ever remember being said by wife yesterday, might be a little controversial for here, so if your easily offended the let me know and I will remove it, everything that follows actually happened and was said, the names will not be altered to protect the innocent and my ribs still hurt, eventually Marion my long suffering wife saw the funny side too, but it was a very long eventually.

I expect the majority of you are much younger than we are, and as you may remember that my wife celebrated her 60th birthday in style a few weeks ago, like all people who get to that old age, very shortly after the last celebratory ballon has deflated and before the cake has been eaten, the marvellous NHS send you a very important late birthday present, I didn't know about this and was surprised and frankly embarrassed by it, it a test kit for bowel cancer obviously of vital importance and the test is carried out at home, well being a bowel cancer kit, I'm sure you can know what got to be tested, anyway I nicked named it the Winnie (the pooh) test. It is not an easy test to undertaken as you have to catch the sample prior to it hit the water. Well after a experiments I finally got the hang of it, and all was a great success and the test turned out fine, so I got about 6 months before I got to do it again.

Anyway Marion's kit arrived on Thursday and she was understandably nervous about it, and the contortions you got to do to successfully undertake the test, the appropriate hour arrived and Marion disappeared into the loo (obviously I was unaware of what was happening) suddenly out of the loo came this long line of expletives, all far to bad even for my sensitives ears, eventually the obvious anger, turned to rage, and I wondered what wether our bathroom would survive, then it all went quite, so I sneaked upstairs to listen at the door to see if I could hear anything, I could sobbing. Me being me, legged it down the stairs and carried on with my jigsaw, she eventually came down, and there was an Erie silence for around an hour and half. Calculating that she should have calmed down a little, I showed my concern and asked if she had undertaken the Winnie test yet (subtle I ain't), a longer version of what went on it the loo erupted downstairs, and it wasn't pleasant, but at least it broke the ice, anyway her final words to me and this the absolute truth was, well it's was alright for you, you used to Field in the slips, laugh, I couldn't stop, my ribs hurts, my stomach ached, and my reaction didn't seem to ease the situation. However she eventually understood what she said, and admitted she dropped the Winnie. Boy did I feel sorry for her, I even gave her a cuddle. Sorry about that but it's the funniest thing that has happened to us in years, I hope it hasn't offended anyone.

Something else happened yesterday In fact a lot did, so will have some new stuff saved up, but we went down to my daughters to see the grand kids, the oldest is about 21/2, and I just can't believe her ability on an iPad, so can do so much more than me, she can't talk much, and certainly cant say grandad, she can whizz around a computer, how do they do it, I find it amazing, frightening and worrying all at once. My wife can't even turn one on, I can but only get about 2% of the usage out of the flaming thing. Mind you her mothers strict with her she can only use occasionally and its password protected, but my daughter has caught her trying to break the pass word :-)

Off work today so I can go to football, I know I'm stupid to go but the boy wanted to go (and so do I) its only a short 31/2 hour drive up there and another 31/2 hours home, well Sheffield ain't that far, really don't think we win, but I hope we do, have a good day, I will if we win.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, bright and mild start to the day. Given that February is almost at an end, it looks likely that winter will end on a mild note in what has in my opinion been the worst winter I have ever experienced. Bring on Spring and summer warmth :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Nice Pics Big.....Was lovely up my end (pardon the pun) this morning. Nice n dry on my walk from the tube....looks like its going to get windy again later and into tomorrow but nothing like weve had in the past few weeks....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Woke up to a fantastic sunny day with just a bit of wispy cloud and a contrail kiss in the sky, I was a bit too late to catch the sunrise but I would imagine it was lovely !  

Mother Nature seems to be ready for spring, but we are not quite there yet by the looks of it another W&W night tonight into tomorrow and a rinse and repeat Wednesday night into Thursday !

"Monday night an occluding system rattles in, bringing some heavy rain but moving eastwards fast. By midnight, there will be heavy rain over N.Ireland, Wales and SW England with southerly gales.  Heavier pulses move along the English Channel coastal counties, and also SW Scotland up into Tayside. Temperatures in Scotland and N.Ireland dip to 3C but otherwise it is a mild night with a fresh S wind
This rain will be clearing Scotland and SE England and E.Anglia to start Tuesday. Then, we are into blustery showers once more, with the wettest weather continuing for western Scotland. There will be hail and thunder mixed in with the showers, a bit of snow for the Highlands. NE and E.Scotland could see the best of the sunshine in some shelter and also brighter for NE England. The S or SW winds continue to make a windy day, particularly through the Irish Sea
The showers ease off a bit overnight, as do the winds for N.Britain.

Wednesday many parts will be drier and brighter although western fringes continue with the shower threat and more downpours are likely over Scotland, N.Ireland, Wales and NW England. These showers ease off through the day before the next band of rain arrives from the west on Wednesday night. This rain will be heavy at times and the winds will strengthen again from the South. The eastern Channel around East Anglia could have S gales to start Thursday"

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=5700;sess=&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=nw&utm_campaign=social

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice and sunny this morning again, it feels like we have moved into another dimension lol. The weather has been a world away from what it was, thank goodness. It looks like that rain band will move over us later though, at least it's not heavy.

• Like 4