Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Nice and sunny this morning again, it feels like we have moved into another dimension lol. The weather has been a world away from what it was, thank goodness. It looks like that rain band will move over us later though, at least it's not heavy.

In the short term it looks as if we are going to see the return of stormier conditions, but thankfully it's not looking as severe as we've seen in the last few weeks, hopefully we can say goodbye to this horrible wet and snow-less winter soon and move on to something more user friendly !

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm still feeling bitterly disappointed not to have got the 100 days of snow (I think the use by date for that is today) the Excess promised...

post-10773-0-80677600-1393240377_thumb.p

...but now with the meteorological start of spring just around the corner I'm hoping for a taste of early summer..... is there anyone who would still like a cold snap before we wave winter 2013/14 goodbye?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely and sunny now after a cloudy start. The sky is blue with occasional trails, like Heavenly ley lines from climbing aeroplanes.

Here is the first sign of Spring in the garden........

Have a good day, everyone.

post-17085-0-40892600-1393240554_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I'm still feeling bitterly disappointed not to have got the 100 days of snow (I think the use by date for that is today) the Excess promised...

Posted ImageScreen-Shot-2014-01-10-at-17.24.15.png

...but now with the meteorological start of spring just around the corner I'm hoping for a taste of early summer..... is there anyone who would still like a cold snap before we wave winter 2013/14 goodbye?

Still have around 10 days to go, maybe, just maybe we'll be able to squeeze a snowflake in that time? :D

• Like 1

Posted

No, TBH, I've been very well satisfied with the windy, stormy weather we've had. I know it hasn't been good for the people affected by the floods, but it's the kind of weather I love. If we had had snow, I would have wanted lots and lots of it (as the Excess promised :) ) but knowing our luck, we would have had a flurry or two and that would have ground the country to a standstill. :O If that is to happen, I want it to be well worth the problems.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I am feeling very happy with myself today, my first semester results came back and I weighted a 2:1 overall. I would crack open a beer but my head is sore from last night, university life is tough. Posted Image

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Lovely sunny start to the week. Wind 12 mph from the south.  82% humidity with pressure 1005 mb.  Cloud has been increasing as the morning has progressed, alternating between about 35% (how do you estimate this accurately?) and 75% with some darker and heavier cloud that looks as though it could spoil things.

Lots of cheerful daffoldils nodding their heads to music only they can hear, with the cherry blossom now picking up confidence and coming out to play.  It looks like Spring *she says cautiously and now awaiting a winter sting in the tail for daring to use the S word*  I want to go out for a walk but am supposed to be working... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm still feeling bitterly disappointed not to have got the 100 days of snow (I think the use by date for that is today) the Excess promised...  Posted ImageScreen-Shot-2014-01-10-at-17.24.15.png ...but now with the meteorological start of spring just around the corner I'm hoping for a taste of early summer..... is there anyone who would still like a cold snap before we wave winter 2013/14 goodbye?

In an ideal world. Would be nice to have a week of full on Arctic conditions with snow that means no one can get to work and we'll have to play in the snow (but magically emergency services will be fine). Get it over and done with and it will magically then disappear with no slush or ice and then spring can properly start.

But as that is never going to happen I'd say I'm ready for summer although I'd still be happy to see a full on snow event and none of that not even trying to snow rubbish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Gentle breezes and a pleasant temperature here in Lanzarote.

A really easy journey here yesterday, with a traditional :unsure: Canary dish of "kick ass" chicken wings and ribs, followed by long island ice tea cocktails and beer.

Slightly irritating to have missed that sunrise this morning, but being here is a more than adequate consolation.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'll be happy whatever the weather decides to do as long as those big storms do not come back, a nice high pressure with warm sunshine is what's needed though, and is what I would prefer to see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Congrats Paul....2:1...not bad fella.

MK, I would like a cold snap but only if we had copious amounts of snow...otherwise, bring on the spring and the warm

• Like 2

Posted

Hands up, who is taking a chainsaw and pneumatic drill to the pier and webcam at Bognor Regis ? 

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

That's what it sounds like at the moment. Just as I try and post the link they go on lunch break.

Increasingly gloomy and overcast here in nw London this afternoon but it's been a bright and sunny morning so no complaints from me. Posted Image

Posted

Hands up, who is taking a chainsaw and pneumatic drill to the pier and webcam at Bognor Regis ? 

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

That's what it sounds like at the moment. Just as I try and post the link they go on lunch break.

Increasingly gloomy and overcast here in nw London this afternoon but it's been a bright and sunny morning so no complaints from me. Posted Image

They probably need to fix something before the season starts. A lot of piers probably got some damage during the storms.

• Like 1

Posted

Weather wise still nice and sunny here, a little breezy which is nice. Unfortunately my hayfever is confirming spring is well and truly here. ACH....TUE. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
latest from met office UK Outlook for Saturday 1 Mar 2014 to Monday 10 Mar 2014:

The weekend will start unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain, with some heavier bursts at first. This will be most persistent in the far southeast and far north, with a risk of hill snow in the north. There will be some drier slots too, especially on Sunday with a risk of local frost and icy surfaces. Temperatures near normal. Through the next week it will remain unsettled in northern parts, with further rain or showers, and some hill snow. It will be mainly dry but fairly cloudy towards the south with isolated patchy frost. During the middle part of the week rain may spread southwards for a time, before turning wet and windy in the northwest again later, with a risk of gales.

Updated: 1123 on Mon 24 Feb 2014

Posted

there was a stunning red sky this morning followed by warm sunshine, now the weather has gone onions, here are some random smileysPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image for no reason.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Errr OK,

Getting dark now and not without a few showers across the day here (my shiny new ergonomic keyboard arrived today at work W00T!)

feeling mild I have to say (some numpties in the office turned the heating on and we were roasting, words were said!)

Payday tomorrow!  Thank Fu...Friday for that, over cooked the bank balance this month.

EDIT:see the filter is working OK then *sigh*

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1

Posted

The flat I wanted is a no no unfortunately. I cannot afford the exorbitant up-front fees the agents are asking for. So.....back to Norwich and start again. :(

It looks like rain here; it clouded up just before it got dark and my rain alarm has been going mad. Ah, well....sun was nice while it lasted.

Have a good evening, all. :)

Posted
from the guardian online Atlantic current changes could bring drier summers to the UK
Researchers forecast end of wet summers as surface and deep water circulation cools down and climate change takes hold.

The UK's run of rain-drenched summers could be ended by a slow-down in major Atlantic currents which bring warm, wet air to Europe, according to research. The currents were known to have weakened since 2004 but the new work suggests the trend began in the 1990s and shows no sign of ending.

However, the scientists said the changes to summer weather would take a decade or more to unfold. Professor Rowan Sutton, at the University of Reading and part of the research team, said: "Those of us that spend our summer holidays in Britain would welcome a move away from a recent succession of soggy summers. But this research certainly isn't a forecast for summer 2014, or any other year." He said the changes to UK climate would be in addition to the longer-term global warming trend driven by carbon emissions, which is most likely to bring an increase in heatwaves and extreme storms.

Posted

there was a stunning red sky this morning followed by warm sunshine, now the weather has gone onions, here are some random smileysPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image for no reason.

The red sky told you the weather would turn bad later. Still quite a clear sky here, but can see cloud approaching from the west.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

The flat I wanted is a no no unfortunately. I cannot afford the exorbitant up-front fees the agents are asking for. So.....back to Norwich and start again. Posted Image

That is a real bugger as I know how much you liked this one, renting is a pile sometimes, I could move to cheaper digs but the upfront costs prohibit it so I stay where I am ( and I do like here TBH ).

• Like 1